Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, turns out the problem was Mark Wahlberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

Yeah, turns out the problem was Mark Wahlberg.

How was he the problem, it's not like the bear was an elderly Vietnamese man.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

How was he the problem, it's not like the bear was an elderly Vietnamese man.

loving lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

My fave social media trend is content creators doing DIYs or remodeling projects where they brag about how little it cost and you the viewer can do it too!!! Only $120 in materials!!! <shocked YouTube face>

And then it turns out they have tens of thousands of dollars worth of woodworking equipment in a personal garage-turned-wood-shop.

Cool, very DIY, thanks. Liked and subscribed.

It's similar to those cooking videos of "you can make this FEAST for only TEN dollars!" and once they start running through the list of ingredients you realize that you don't have any of it and to assemble that list would cost you as much (if not more) as your average weekly grocery bill.

Oh sure chef, I just have some saffron sitting around the house that I haven't used yet, I mean, who doesn't

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My mom has had a tiny jar of Saffron in her pantry for years, it’d prolly turn to dust if she tried to take it out but guess she heard some time in the 90s that it was a must have.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

My mom has had a tiny jar of Saffron in her pantry for years, it’d prolly turn to dust if she tried to take it out but guess she heard some time in the 90s that it was a must have.

Man that’s expensive too, next you’ll tell me she’s got some petrified vanilla beans in there

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

Man that’s expensive too, next you’ll tell me she’s got some petrified vanilla beans in there

Yuuuuuuuuup

I get not knowing what to use saffron for but you’d think vanilla would bean would pop up every now and then

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 25, 2024

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Apropos of nothing, any medical goons know anything about eyesight and possible diabetic retinopathy? I was diagnosed as diabetic in December 2022, and while I am not currently on insulin (I very closely manage my blood glucose, and I was put back on metformin as opposed to insulin, and right now I only weigh 171 pounds from my biggest at 289 a while back), but for the past two or three months, I've been having vision issues and needing to take my glasses off to read fine print, even when trying to read something on my phone, or when doing a crossword in the paper. I'm only 39, but is it time to go back to Shopko Optical and possibly talk with the doc about bifocals / transition lenses?

Before someone comes in to snark at me and say "dur hur don't ask for medical advice on a dead gay forum," I have appointments scheduled at the diabetes clinic, the nephrology clinic and with my cardiologist. Just wondering what to expect moving forward.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Pron on VHS posted:

You dweebs post endlessly about video games, and world war 2, but no one plays Hearts of Iron 4?!

I used to play it, and was in a the middle of a USA goes fascist and starts conquering poo poo when 2016 happened and well it didn't feel so removed and funny anymore

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Shrimpy posted:

When I moved to Oakland, I was very excited to have three professional, major sports teams to take my (then unborn) children to when they got old enough.

Anyway, Disney on Ice still runs here.

Would be nice if the WNBA team played at Oracle but it sounds like they're just gonna use Chase too. Sucks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I know I'm like a decade late with this hot take but True Detective sucked rear end. What a deeply unpleasant show.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hell yeah, happy for you and also for me so I can get excited about Herbie and Chargers football again

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I just rewatched season 1 and enjoyed True Detective :)

Haven’t watched the Alaska one.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Hot Diggity! posted:

I know I'm like a decade late with this hot take but True Detective sucked rear end. What a deeply unpleasant show.

The first season was very good and then it went downhill from there

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I still hold the stance that Season 2 of True Detective had the unfortunate luck of following a masterpiece that was Season 1. Season 3 was an improvement but honestly I don't remember much of it just like Detective Wayne Hays.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Android Apocalypse posted:

I still hold the stance that Season 2 of True Detective had the unfortunate luck of following a masterpiece that was Season 1. Season 3 was an improvement but honestly I don't remember much of it just like Detective Wayne Hays.

Yeah I rewatched season 2 a few years ago and it’s a lot better than I remembered after my initial watch. I found it useful when you can go from episode to episode rather than waiting a week.

The main issues to me for season 2:
  • Too many main characters. Should have just cut bike cop dude.
  • Pacing was way too slow at the start.
  • The direction for every character’s delivery was mumble core madness. Inexplicably awful.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The first episode of Season 4 was interesting enough for me to want to watch it. I do not think anything actually happened in episode 2, you could go straight to episode 3 and not really notice. I fell asleep during it, but then rewatched it once I woke up.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Pain of Mind posted:

The first episode of Season 4 was interesting enough for me to want to watch it. I do not think anything actually happened in episode 2, you could go straight to episode 3 and not really notice. I fell asleep during it, but then rewatched it once I woke up.

I'm enjoying Season 4 way more than I did 2 episodes into Season 3. Season 3 did get better as it went on but it started out wayyyyyy boring.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I’ve been meaning to get back into Fargo, S1 and 2 were great but kinda fell off halfway thru the Ewan McGregor twin one.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Season 1 was the best season of TV I’ve seen in a long time. That long shot of Matty M walking through the drug den / biker gang hideout undercover was insane

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Nodoze posted:

The first season was very good and then it went downhill from there

Another show that was hit by this was Altered Carbon.

Season 1 was so, so good. Season 2 was so bad it got the whole thing canceled

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a sexual elk posted:

I’ve been meaning to get back into Fargo, S1 and 2 were great but kinda fell off halfway thru the Ewan McGregor twin one.

The latest season of Fargo might be my fave ever

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Another show that was hit by this was Altered Carbon.

Season 1 was so, so good. Season 2 was so bad it got the whole thing canceled

Yeah it seems if Anthony Mackie gets involved in your projects sequel / followup, it’s going to suck bad

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah it seems if Anthony Mackie gets involved in your projects sequel / followup, it’s going to suck bad

Which sucks because I actually like him a lot

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I decided to play some CIV 3 again just for fun and I forgot how annoying the early game is. The computer players just load up on military units and come after you. Pretty much have to spend all your time building up your military otherwise you get run over by a stack of 50 archers.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m always torn on him because I think he’s just fine as an actor, but also nothing special nor anywhere near a leading man; he can do well in a random supporting role but I absolutely wouldn’t trust him to carry a scene or do any dramatic heavy lifting

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

I haven't seen it yet but I have heard the Twisted Metal adaptation is pretty fun.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bird in a Blender posted:

I decided to play some CIV 3 again just for fun and I forgot how annoying the early game is. The computer players just load up on military units and come after you. Pretty much have to spend all your time building up your military otherwise you get run over by a stack of 50 archers.

I just won a game of Civ 5 by stomping on my neighbor early. He was trying to be friendly but I was like, nah, Manifest Destiny and you took my hut, bitch, so I flexed and eventually having two capitals that early spiraled me out of control. I love these games. Never played Civ 3 though. I went from Test of Time to Civ 5. Probably not gonna play Civ6 either.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 25, 2024

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

I haven't seen it yet but I have heard the Twisted Metal adaptation is pretty fun.

I couldn’t get beyond 4 episodes and forgot to keep watching but it was decent popcorn nonsense. The Brooklyn 99 chick was pretty good too!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah I feel bad about it because he seems like a cool dude but I just straight up didn’t even try S2 of Altered Carbon because he’s just so meh to me as an actor

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I bounced off Civs 4 and 5 because of the new one-unit-per-hex play mechanic, which didn't really feel good for me. But the earlier pattern was perfected in Civ IV, which is just a much, much better game than III. You still can have some insane leaders (loving Ghandi lol) but the mechanics are more reasonable, the features are more polished, and it's stood the test of time.

I used to absorb all the info on CivFanatics and play at a pretty high level - like, I could defeat the game on its second-to-hardest setting, I forget what it's called. The first few turns are still critical, knowing exactly what you need to do for the tiles you have next to your city, etc. to get a great start, but even if you aren't playing like that, you can do OK and there's victory conditions that don't require you to stomp your neighbors. Anyway that site is a fantastic resource for every edition of Civ, if you like to do homework to get better at your leisure activities. https://www.civfanatics.com/

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So uh, Vince McMahon has a whole bunch of new accusations coming on the back of that netflix deal

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1750574320336748768

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Civ2 just building a wall of cities to keep neighbors from slipping by and building cities near my capitol.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

So uh, Vince McMahon has a whole bunch of new accusations coming on the back of that netflix deal

:vince:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a sexual elk posted:

Civ2 just building a wall of cities to keep neighbors from slipping by and building cities near my capitol.

My lasting memory of Civ2 is getting a copy of it for free because a bunch of friends and I booked like three hours at the old BattleTech Center at North Pier in Chicago. I must have been ... let's see, MechWarrior 2 came out in 1995, so this must have been 1996 or so? I would have been 11 or 12.

Also, repeating my request to med goons for feedback regarding my vision.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I played a ton of the recent civ games, but they've never come close to getting naval ai working properly, so you can win on the highest difficulty just by playing an islands map and loading up on archers

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kalli posted:

I played a ton of the recent civ games, but they've never come close to getting naval ai working properly, so you can win on the highest difficulty just by playing an islands map and loading up on archers

I have one of them, 4 or 5, I think, because it was free on a Steam sale or maybe cost a buck or two years ago, but I have never fired it up. I really should one of these days.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"I don't play those games as much as I used to" I say to myself

Checks steam

Civ 6: 200 hours
Civ 5: 300 hours
Civ: Beyond Earth: 25 hours.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Are there any Civ-like games for iOS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

WTF

quote:

Meanwhile, McMahon allegedly sent her sexually explicit messages and his sexual demands increased. He forcefully used sex toys on her, including dildos he named after WWE wrestlers, causing her bruising and bleeding, the suit said. Grant alleged that she complained to McMahon and made attempts to end the relationship.
In March 2020, McMahon began sharing sexually explicit photographs and videos of Grant with other men, including other WWE executives and a former UFC heavyweight champion with whom WWE was actively trying to sign to a new contract, according to the suit. In a May 2020 encounter, McMahon defecated on her head during a threesome, the suit said.