Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
"it seems so" is funnier than i was ready for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

LifeSunDeath posted:

yeah this is how most banana republics get started....a whole grip of terrible and shady lawyers half assing it for some dictator.

With this defence, I think Trump won't be in prison, he'll be hanging from a yard arm lmao

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Coolguye posted:

"it seems so" is funnier than i was ready for

It really do be like that

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Get to the drat Trump testimony

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Habba is bombing this so hard that her direct of Trump is going to be legendary

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
This isn’t about trying to win the case for Donald, it’s about making Carroll and all involved in her defense feel like poo poo and air their grievances and reveal their personal life. This is also going to rile up Donald’s base to continue to harass these people in Don’s name.

Also good luck on getting Trump to pay any of the fees, fines, settlements, let alone the salary owed to any of lawyers.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

"He's sitting over there at your table."

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
https://x.com/TheNewEuropean/status/1750064909600092418?s=20

That's pretty good design.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So... Habba is just trying to show that Carroll actually enjoys all the attention from the lawsuit, i.e. no harm done I guess?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Habba is a master at not-lawyering in exactly the way Trump wants her to not-lawyer

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So... Habba is just trying to show that Carroll actually enjoys all the attention from the lawsuit, i.e. no harm done I guess?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Ringo Star Get posted:

This isn’t about trying to win the case for Donald, it’s about making Carroll and all involved in her defense feel like poo poo and air their grievances and reveal their personal life. This is also going to rile up Donald’s base to continue to harass these people in Don’s name.

Also good luck on getting Trump to pay any of the fees, fines, settlements, let alone the salary owed to any of lawyers.

trump already put up the original damages as a bond to appeal.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

So they really are relitigating the original case, presumably in an attempt to get it overturned as well? Go big or go home I guess.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

NoiseAnnoys posted:

trump already put up the original damages as a bond to appeal.

:lmao:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

The thing about her deleting the threatening tweets - they’re almost certainly not truly deleted and they could get Twitter to recover them from backups if they really wanted. Possibly stuff may eventually get truly deleted after so many years but they’re most likely archived forever.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Stoatbringer posted:

The thing about her deleting the threatening tweets - they’re almost certainly not truly deleted and they could get Twitter to recover them from backups if they really wanted. Possibly stuff may eventually get truly deleted after so many years but they’re most likely archived forever.

the fact that these messages inculpate the defense rather than the plaintiff makes Habba's insistence on bringing the up pure, uncut :chaostrump:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

The way Musk has been randomly turning things off and on for the past year, I wouldn't count on anything being backed-up or usable if that is the case.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Aramis posted:

So they really are relitigating the original case, presumably in an attempt to get it overturned as well? Go big or go home I guess.

That and they’re doing all this in front of a judge, not a jury, who knows Trump has already been found liable for the sexual assault of E. Jean Carroll and is only interested in the monetary award to be given to Carroll, and has zero interest in overturning poo poo.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

funeral home DJ posted:

That and they’re doing all this in front of a judge, not a jury, who knows Trump has already been found liable for the sexual assault of E. Jean Carroll and is only interested in the monetary award to be given to Carroll, and has zero interest in overturning poo poo.

There's a jury

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

funeral home DJ posted:

That's the Engoron case, and this is about defamation

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Can the jury come back and say "oh since this is the 2nd time the amount is 100 million dollars"

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Jury is going to award Carroll ownership of Mar-a-lago

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Can the jury come back and say "oh since this is the 2nd time the amount is 100 million dollars"

I imagine the punitive damages will be quite large

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Trump running off all of the big donors, then taking all of the small donors, and using those donations to pay his personal expenses and lawsuits while the RNC goes bankrupt and gets evicted across the country is so unbelievably funny.

Congressman are required to go and try and raise money for the party, they have time set aside and phone banks to do it. They do it to fundraise for the party to pay it's bills. Now they can't fundraise because Trump just gets all the money, then steals it.

All of the Republican donations usually available to pay for necessary operations are just going to Trump's lawsuits and expenses. This E. Jean Carroll massive judgment is just gonna come from what should be RNC money.

Then Trump is gonna go out and slander her again, immediately. The best part is the RNC, despite all this, still has to all bend the knee and kiss his rear end.

It's so bafflingly hosed up and funny.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 25, 2024

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

kazil posted:

I imagine the punitive damages will be quite large

and (assuming I understand this correctly) since he put up the prior award as bond, it will automatically cash-out to Carrol and actually force Donny to pay the damages from the first round

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

vaginite posted:

Trump running off all of the big donors, then taking all of the small donors, and using those donations to pay his personal expenses and lawsuits while the RNC goes bankrupt and gets evicted across the country is so unbelievably funny.

Congressman are required to go and try and raise money for the party, they have time set aside and phone banks to do it. They do it to fundraise for the party to pay it's bills. Now they can't fundraise because Trump just gets all the money, then steals it. And they still have to all bend the knee and kiss his rear end.

It's so bafflingly hosed up and funny.

I read somewhere where they expect.Mike Johnson to raise something like 200 million and bring in donors like McCarthy did

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Total Party Kill posted:

Jury is going to award Carroll ownership of Mar-a-lago the GOP

Not worth much now days, but maybe she'll be able to sell it off for scraps?

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Can we do a Toxx clause or bet or whatever for the Carroll damages as well :mrwhite:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

They keep hammering on the deleted stuff but it makes no legal or common sense. As a private person she has no legal obligation to preserve emails sent to her, nor tweets she sent. Ordinary people aren't going around thinking about preserving evidence in a potential legal action. Even if there were, that's a matter for the court to resolve as between the parties. Then as you play this out in front of a bunch of laypeople in the jury, they see you badgering an old woman about either...a bunch of death threats. Or you're badgering someone your side called over some stuff an ordinary person would understandably might find embarrassing or whatever. No jury is gonna give a single poo poo.

Just the worst lawyering.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

There's a jury

Mons Hubris posted:

That's the Engoron case, and this is about defamation

lol welp, I forgot which of the legal cases the former president of the united states is currently fighting. Thanks for the correction!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Hollismason posted:

I read somewhere where they expect.Mike Johnson to raise something like 200 million and bring in donors like McCarthy did

you forget that he has the power of The Lord

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I thought there were three stooges.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Serious_Cyclone posted:

you forget that he has the power of The Lord

unfortunately that does not include a tithing power, so he's poo poo out of luck there

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

LifeSunDeath posted:

from the baking thread

@AveryNelsonB from Brooklyn, New York: I would also recommend that violent Trump-supporting terrorists not try to overthrow the US government in a pissbaby rage. Sorry about your baguettes. Maybe a touch more baking flour next time. Good luck!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This is like a scene from a comedy. I'm so mad this trial isn't being broadcast.

Legal Eagle is going to have to do a multi-part special into how badly Habba has hosed up.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
When will the judge bring up about Habba being out and partying when she said she was sick with Covid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

funeral home DJ posted:

lol welp, I forgot which of the legal cases the former president of the united states is currently fighting. Thanks for the correction!

Cases?! As in more than one?