Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Got a bug where english dub clips would play even if I have JP voices set. Like, during levelup I hear Ichi's dub voice, or when initiating a conversation with an NPC.

Apparently just turning the game off and back on fixes it. Just did that but haven't gotten far enough to see if it got fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RubberLuffy posted:

Got a bug where english dub clips would play even if I have JP voices set. Like, during levelup I hear Ichi's dub voice, or when initiating a conversation with an NPC.

Apparently just turning the game off and back on fixes it. Just did that but haven't gotten far enough to see if it got fixed.

Literally unplayable

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Amazon has shipped my copy! Should be here tomorrow. I'm sure I'll get plenty of work done between now and then. Not pressing my face against the window at every little noise outside. Nope. Not me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Anyone ordered from the humble store? I still do not have my key from there.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

Anyone ordered from the humble store? I still do not have my key from there.

They put out statements that they're working on it but don't have an ETA for when they'll get keys. Pretty disappointing, especially since all the other storefronts have gotten keys fine AFAIK.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

I'm looking forward to enjoying this game and I hope you all enjoy yourselves too, sorry if that offends anyone

You son of a bitch, I dare you to say that to my face

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

I'm looking forward to enjoying this game and I hope you all enjoy yourselves too, sorry if that offends anyone

I'm not a violent person, but....

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Chapter 1 already hitting me with wholesome overload, goddamn

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
I would play 15 chapters of Ichiban's wholesome adventures in making the world a better place, as well as a certain type of misadventures (with constant tips and commentary after the facts by certain characters).
He really is too good for the world.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

woke kaczynski posted:

They put out statements that they're working on it but don't have an ETA for when they'll get keys. Pretty disappointing, especially since all the other storefronts have gotten keys fine AFAIK.

Bleh, I do have Tekken 8 at least and I have work today anyway but if I don't get anything in a day or two I may ask for a refund. I wanted to take advantage of their coupon but if it is a long time then it is not worth it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like something is weird with the Framegen implementation, since I get some tearing even with VSync turned on.

Fortunately the game runs fine for me with Framegen turned off.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Wow it looks like stats work exactly the same except after 30 you only get stats every 7 levels instead of 5.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RubberLuffy posted:

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.

woke kaczynski posted:

Extra frustrating as it now appears to be on sale (not preorder) on their store.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Gd ichiban is so relatable, left on red bruh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinite Wealth starts off so strong. This game is really good (goes without saying really).

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
What a weird loving game so far. Just Yakuza 7-2. Possibly the most casual start to one of these games yet, with a lot of emphasis on dating and normal life. It's not unenjoyable, but I do feel like some scenes go on a bit too long.
New battle mechanics are loving amazing, and I enjoy that the drama so far centers around a loving Vtuber.
I'm not sure what to think. It's good, just so... different. Clearly it's about to begin but after 2 hours I'm a little tired. Haven't even completed chapter 1 yet but guessing I'm real close.

Cool that some stuff I knew from the trailer was reshuffled and redubbed in order to conceal some of the plot points.

This is probably the worst starting point for the series. Like, I can imagine streamers being sucked in because it's getting good reviews expecting a crime drama and then after the initial tone-setter cold open it's 2 hours of sitcom dumbasses.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Vookatos posted:

What a weird loving game so far. Just Yakuza 7-2. Possibly the most casual start to one of these games yet, with a lot of emphasis on dating and normal life. It's not unenjoyable, but I do feel like some scenes go on a bit too long.
New battle mechanics are loving amazing, and I enjoy that the drama so far centers around a loving Vtuber.
I'm not sure what to think. It's good, just so... different. Clearly it's about to begin but after 2 hours I'm a little tired. Haven't even completed chapter 1 yet but guessing I'm real close.

Cool that some stuff I knew from the trailer was reshuffled and redubbed in order to conceal some of the plot points.

This is probably the worst starting point for the series. Like, I can imagine streamers being sucked in because it's getting good reviews expecting a crime drama and then after the initial tone-setter cold open it's 2 hours of sitcom dumbasses.

Gd I can’t wait for 9pm when I can enjoy 2 hours of yakuza dumbasses before bed

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

how early on can i waste 10 hours doing random bullshit

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

quote:

how early on can i waste 10 hours playing mahjong

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

7 was awful about that, it takes loving forever for the game to really open up

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was setting up a whole new cast, seems fair for it to take a little while.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Zokari posted:

7 was awful about that, it takes loving forever for the game to really open up

This one is taking a while too because it's setting up a lot of story stuff but you do regular dungeon crawling in under a hour

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely like 8's opening a lot. It's slow paced but it is slow paced because it is focused on the characters and what they're doing in the world and all that kind of fun stuff.

Zokari posted:

how early on can i waste 10 hours doing random bullshit

You can do it pretty early on but I advise waiting until you get to Hawaii to start going all-in.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Vookatos posted:

idk about you man but I am already beating up a roomful of yakuza with a dildo and a giant pepperoni so

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm really enjoying IW a lot.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I enjoy watching the characters go around and talk and do things

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lmao that the vtuber's subtitles are formatted like the subs on an actual vtuber clip, all big and colorful

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Extremely jealous of everyone ITT who's playing the game, and the streamers who have it too.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
help I am dying from second hand cringe
diagnosis is terminal

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

alecm posted:

Extra frustrating as it now appears to be on sale (not preorder) on their store.

I gave up and asked for a refund and bought it on Fanatical instead. It was a couple dollars more expensive and I lost out on the preorder bonus which is irritating but now it's downloading and I get to dip out of the thread for a minute. Super hyped!

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
So I've unlocked the radio and got some podcast episodes to listen to, and it looks like the hawaii one is in english and the japanese one in japanese. So judging by the opening cutscene there's a good chance english-speaking characters will speak english even on japanese voice setting

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

(minor combat system stuff) maybe this was in 7 and i've forgotten, but i actually loled the first time i attacked with a concrete block

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will personally report each and every person who even mentions the shorthand term for virtual youtuber because mostly I'm extremely sad and mad and crying that I am not playing the game right now.

I will not do this, but the sad/mad/tears stuff is still true.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love my idiot son, ichiban kasuga.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Iymarra posted:

help I am dying from second hand cringe
diagnosis is terminal

If this is about what I assume it’s about - Ichiban’s proposal,this and the immediate follow-up scene genuinely had me rolling. drat, I love this series.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Come on kiryu you don't drop the joryu thing not even for old buddy majima and everyone in hawai knows ur name lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

Come on kiryu you don't drop the joryu thing not even for old buddy majima and everyone in hawai knows ur name lol

To be fair that was how it was in LADG too.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

I've only been able to play about 90 mins so far because I am working right now but I've already had a couple laughs and a big smile on my face. Game is good! The new character models look really nice as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MOUNTAIN DEW?!?!!?!