Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Jodie Foster is a terrible actress in this.

Jodie Foster has 82 acting credits to her name since 1969. Three of them were things exactly right for her, (Taxi Driver, The Accused, Silence Of The Lambs) and she was transcendent in them. The rest of her career has been virtually meaningless compared to those three films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

She was great as the cold-hearted fixer in “Inside Man”, although it was more like a special appearance

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

True detective: bat country

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Torquemada posted:

Jodie Foster has 82 acting credits to her name since 1969. Three of them were things exactly right for her, (Taxi Driver, The Accused, Silence Of The Lambs) and she was transcendent in them. The rest of her career has been virtually meaningless compared to those three films.

Contact much?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Anyone could have been generic science person.

e: every time I bring this up people start trying to make out I think she's terrible or something. She has the capacity for greatness, but rarely gets to be great.

Torquemada fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 24, 2024

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I just remembered I watched the movie Galveston which was also written by Pizzalotto and took place on the Gulf Coast in the town I grew up in

It sucked rear end, thank goodness they got Issa on board for this season of TD

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Brother Tadger posted:

She was great as the cold-hearted fixer in “Inside Man”, although it was more like a special appearance

I remember walking away from that movie thinking, "What was even the point of Jodie Foster's character?"

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Smugworth posted:

I do wish Jodie Fosters character would have said "I'm just a regular type chick with a big rear end pussy"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

She was great in Panic Room alongside Kristen Stewart, Forest Whitaker, Jared Leto, and Dwight Yoakam

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

She was great in Nell or as evil president of space in Elysium.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

jodie foster is a false detective

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

Dwight Yoakam

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Fargo Season 4 has that Good Lord That's a Lot of Money guy as a mobster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-unEeSK3c

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Ok I finally watched ep 2 last night and lol. I was unfamiliar with Issa Lopez up until this point. Has she done something good in the past that got her this gig?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Ok I finally watched ep 2 last night and lol. I was unfamiliar with Issa Lopez up until this point. Has she done something good in the past that got her this gig?

She had a movie called Tigers Are Not Afraid that was one of those movies you watch cuz it's got like a 99% on rotten tomatoes but then it goes on for 40 minutes too long and your wife falls asleep and there's too much Mexican Magical Realism so you just switch the input to RDR2 and start stabbing people in Valentine then jerk off and go to bed.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kntfkr posted:

She had a movie called Tigers Are Not Afraid that was one of those movies you watch cuz it's got like a 99% on rotten tomatoes but then it goes on for 40 minutes too long and your wife falls asleep and there's too much Mexican Magical Realism so you just switch the input to RDR2 and start stabbing people in Valentine then jerk off and go to bed.

issa knife

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

dreezy posted:

issa knife

I don't know who this is but I'm 100% confident they could write a better season of True Detective.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Tigers Are Not Afraid is a really good horror movie carried almost entirely by child actors. I would say the movie that comes closest to it in tone is "The Devil's Backbone"

Tigers left a much more lasting impression on me than 95% of films. it is brilliant, hosed up and beautiful. To me, Issa Lopez gets the benefit of the doubt on this show

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Okay, look, I’m just going to say it. Jodie Foster sleeping around with men is the least believable thing ever. I think she’s doing a serviceable job in this show except any interaction with a man that’s supposed to be sexual in any way. They’re all cringeworthy. The one sex scene was laughably bad.

Whoever cast her in this role was an idiot because it was obvious that it wouldn’t work.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It's Issa Lopez. Issa Lopez is the idiot.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

kntfkr posted:

there's too much Mexican Magical Realism so you just switch the input to RDR2 and start stabbing people in Valentine then jerk off and go to bed.

Issa me, jar jar binks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

I didn't want to have to do this but personal attacks are just too far

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

kntfkr posted:

I think you'll find she's a challenging, energetic, fresh new voice. Now more than ever it's time for Women of Color Behind The Camera telling intriguing stories and challenging the status quo. No one else could have done Dark Twisted Suspensful Cop Show quite like Issa Lopez.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
What I like about Issa Lopez is she elevates unknown women artists of color like Billie Eilish and Saul Starr from East Bound and Down.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Also, all the cursing on the show is excessive to the loving point where it does loving not sound loving natural. But I'm a loving gruff alaskan so i guess I loving curse LO loving L loving bitch.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

I didn't want to have to do this but personal attacks are just too far

Issa Lopez has tartar on her teeth.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
I think she's a visionary. There's no imagery more pro-female than a pile of exposed dead weiners, and the dance homage to Napoleon Dynamite was inspired.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
spooooooooooooooooooooooooky

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pig labeled 3 posted:

I think she's a visionary. There's no imagery more pro-female than a pile of exposed dead weiners, and the dance homage to Napoleon Dynamite was inspired.

unironically

naem
May 29, 2011

nintendo voice

issa me, maria

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

kntfkr posted:

But I'm a loving gruff alaskan so i guess I loving curse LO loving L loving bitch.

can you cut it with exposition?

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

I can't believe they spent whatever amount of money is required to get Jodie Foster to do this, and didn't get a better script than this. This show feels like a fan-directed mish-mash of famous horror movies with waaay too many references to season 1.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

it was cringey when they referenced the season 1 boob scene

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Worf posted:

it was cringey when they referenced the season 1 boob scene

The one time a flashback would have been appropriate

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
"Whoa!! Is that a polar bear?"

*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

Polar bear drops dead

Mysterious man takes off his sunglasses and parka hood.

"You must be Jodie Foster. Nice to meet you. Name's Hart. Marty Hart Senior."

*WINK*

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

"Whoa!! Is that a polar bear?"

*BLAM BLAM BLAM*

Polar bear drops dead

Mysterious man takes off his sunglasses and parka hood.

"You must be Jodie Foster. Nice to meet you. Name's Hart. Marty Hart Senior."

*WINK*

Now you're getting it. Have fun with it. Don't be so uptight

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Issa Lopez didn't even use ChatGPT to write this. In the credits it said she used AOL chatbot Smarter Child. Probably couldn't figure out the AOL keyword for ChatGPT. Kept typing in "Ey eye"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm getting pretty excited. I bet episode 4 next week will be a doozy. Maybe a one-shot take of Danvers and Navarro raiding the factory where they make the reverse-aging serum? That would be siiiick

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Not sure that Issa Lopez can count high enough to do a one-shot take. Don't get ur hopes too up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

kntfkr posted:

spooooooooooooooooooooooooky

lmao