Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Back to the hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

funeral home DJ posted:

Why on earth did Trump get up on the stand again? :psyduck: What the gently caress did that accomplish?

He wanted to rant, but the Judge went "Yeah nah"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Well that was disappointing

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

I expected trump to purjure himself a lot more today, but the fact that he got told to shut up and give a one-word answer twice so the grown-ups can talk is pretty funny in other ways, I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think it’s more likely Trump thinks he can talk his way out of it if he is just given the chance

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Aramis posted:

Look. Every lol-worthy thing coming out of this clusterfuck can be hand-waved this way. Let us have a bit of kayfabe here.

I'd be okay with that if someone would dropkick him

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Wow who could have seen other shitholes supporting this?
Depending how many they're sending sure seems like things could get spicy though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

funeral home DJ posted:

Why on earth did Trump get up on the stand again? :psyduck: What the gently caress did that accomplish?

So he can complain that his 1st amendment rights were abused etc etc.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Lol that not a single other southern border state is gonna get involved in this.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Locator posted:

Lol that not a single other southern border state is gonna get involved in this.

uh, Florida joined them

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Locator posted:

Arizona totally would have if Kari Lake had won, but thankfully they dodged that bullet

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
North Dakota's like "are boarders!"

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Hunter Biden, son of President Biden, Sentenced Today for Four Months in Prison for Watersliding too Fast.
Sources close to Hunter reportedly were like "holy poo poo! bro slow the gently caress down man you're gonna get hurt".

Breaking late Thursday afternoon, a judge handed down the sentence that nobody, especially Hunter Biden, wanted to hear....

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

kazil posted:

uh, Florida joined them

Maybe DeSantis will string concertina wire across every beach in the state

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

idaho is a festering shithole full of trash subhumans. too bad the landscape is so pretty :/

e: also I'm totally in favor of sending the national guard to texas to prevent texans from escaping its borders

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Buce posted:

idaho is a festering shithole full of trash subhumans. too bad the landscape is so pretty :/

It’s mostly the panhandle that is nice right? I’ve been thru there and it’s amazing. Although I think that is where most of the shitheads are too.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Buce posted:

I've lived there, can confirm it's full of trash subhumans.
The landscape does not make up for it in the slightest unless you're living that straight white life then it's probably pretty okay.

priznat posted:

It’s mostly the panhandle that is nice right? I’ve been thru there and it’s amazing. Although I think that is where most of the shitheads are too.

I lived in the handle, it's absolutely full of nazi trash.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

"That A24 civil war movie looks unrealistic. Look at the divide."

Lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's very nice of the dipshit states to send more guard units to clean up the razor wire when Bidrn federalizes them.

Holy gently caress what wierd shitheads

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be honest the Abbot thing is much more dangerous than Trump. Historians gonna look back on it as a benchmark on the collapse of federal power

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Wow, if only we could get that kind of energy for actual, useful things.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

34 vs 16 are pretty good odds.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 25, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Curious that NM, AZ, CA and AK didn't send anyone

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tate Reeves from Mississippi looking around "Did I miss a memo?"

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Question is the National Guard units going to be cool with defying the federal government?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Silly Burrito posted:

Tate Reeves from Mississippi looking around "Did I miss a memo?"

Probably doesn’t want the heat after they got caught funneling federal welfare money to Brett Favre. And being last place in every metric.

If Dems were as cut throat as Republicans, one of their planks would be, “Mississippi needs to be downgraded to a territory until we can figure out just what the hell is going on!”

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i did not miss it, saw it elsewhere. but lol i'm not going to read joyce vance.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 25, 2024

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

I was confused with the obsession of razor wire at the border when trump said he was going to secure the border with a wall Mexico was going to pay for.

Now I realize now he actually only secured a berder and got his lawyer Tex Mex to pay for it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nocheez posted:

They're going down hard in 2024.

No that's ur mother 😎

vaginite posted:

Trump running off all of the big donors, then taking all of the small donors, and using those donations to pay his personal expenses and lawsuits while the RNC goes bankrupt and gets evicted across the country is so unbelievably funny.

Congressman are required to go and try and raise money for the party, they have time set aside and phone banks to do it. They do it to fundraise for the party to pay it's bills. Now they can't fundraise because Trump just gets all the money, then steals it.

All of the Republican donations usually available to pay for necessary operations are just going to Trump's lawsuits and expenses. This E. Jean Carroll massive judgment is just gonna come from what should be RNC money.

Then Trump is gonna go out and slander her again, immediately. The best part is the RNC, despite all this, still has to all bend the knee and kiss his rear end.

It's so bafflingly hosed up and funny.

This is a big part of why I think the GOP might be hosed* this year, Trump and... Rick Scott?... stole all their money and they drove off one of their best fundraisers, McCarthy.

*Not hosed as hard as ur mother will be 😎

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ringo Star Get posted:

Question is the National Guard units going to be cool with defying the federal government?

i think a more poignant question is "are they going to be cool with definitely dying like loving dogs"

national guard units are not equipped as well as the regular army for an absolute assload of reasons.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The tweets in a few hours are gonna be real good

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Acererick Scott

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Coolguye posted:

i think a more poignant question is "are they going to be cool with definitely dying like loving dogs"

national guard units are not equipped as well as the regular army for an absolute assload of reasons.

I mean the question is is the army willing to put them down. You shouldn’t take that as a guarentee

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Toxic Mental posted:

jean carroll running around with scrooge mcduck dollar sign eyes

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

priznat posted:

I lived in Boise and within one hour drive I could go anywhere from casual river rafting, to white river rafting, to snowboarding (or across the border to buy weed, lol). It's an absolutely gorgeous area but the air quality kind of blows because it's in a valley. And yeah, then there's the Nazis and the horrific state government.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Wonder how mad Trump is that the Judge just didn’t let him have a rally speech in the courtroom

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be honest the Abbot thing is much more dangerous than Trump. Historians gonna look back on it as a benchmark on the collapse of federal power

nah. this is all still grandstanding. even before any soldiers actually get involved, or any federalizing orders get issued, the courts are well equipped to handle stuff like this. there's soft power that can be applied to the SCOTX to basically tell them "chill this idiot out or when we chill him out for you, you're also going down for not doing your jobs." there's hard judicial power that can be applied in bringing sedition charges against him and ordering him to surrender to FBI custody. there's funding cuts and circumventions to put federal programs in charge of more day to day operations over state ones (federal takeovers of nonfunctional state services happen more frequently than anyone wants to admit).

all of this is before any actual federal muscle starts being used on these ninnies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Twitter is gonna be an unusable sea of garbage

Between Trump melting down and pro wrestling fans melting down because the serial sexual assaulter has been named again as being a sexual assaulter, I am extremely glad I deleted my Twitter account