Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Who was pretty?

The Victim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This was my assumption. Ah, Swole.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fez_machine posted:

The woman Vince McMahon sexually abused and trafficked

Incorrect. The woman who was doxxed and harassed who happened to have the same name as the woman Vince McMahon sexually abused and trafficked after the name was leaked by Brad Shephard.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/JobberNationTV/status/1750621477093937234?t=zIq74kP049lAXozx_scg4g&s=19

They're fighting.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

wow

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
People: don't take jobber seriously he's just playing a contrarian role to troll aew fans

Jobber: says some repugnant poo poo that has little to do with aew or wrestling in genreal

People: he's just pretending to be a heel

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Yeah last warning, don't post stuff about this. It's outside the scope of this thread and goes far beyond silly takes or mark posts. And, like, no one cares if the Hot Take Factories are slapfighting about sexual assault allegations. Why expose yourself and others to this poo poo?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Personally I think it's the more fun and humorous side of the horror show, watching the propagandists scramble for legitimacy after their whole world comes crashing down, but I get your point.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/WrestlingIsKing/status/1750610685103394984

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's right, Hangman is as cool as Magnum Tokyo, which is even cooler than Magnum TA

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Personally I think the mustache makes him look more like Rick Rude then Magnum

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Alaois posted:

he's right, Hangman is as cool as Magnum Tokyo, which is even cooler than Magnum TA

You made me envision Hangman doing the dance

E: Hangman v Hirata

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Taxman posted:

You made me envision Hangman doing the dance

E: Hangman v Hirata

Hagman wearing the tiny tights.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like "Rasslin History 101" because half his account is fuzzy scans of his Apter mags collection, and the other half is unhinged rants about Everything Wrong With Wrestling Today. Do you learn any rasslin history? Nope, but you do learn a lot about that guy's brain.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Benne posted:

I like "Rasslin History 101" because half his account is fuzzy scans of his Apter mags collection, and the other half is unhinged rants about Everything Wrong With Wrestling Today. Do you learn any rasslin history? Nope, but you do learn a lot about that guy's brain.

Also, if I’m thinking of the right guy, those scans are HIS intellectual property and he needs to be credited if you use them

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also, if I’m thinking of the right guy, those scans are HIS intellectual property and he needs to be credited if you use them

Yeah, he didn't take the photos - Bill Apter or similar did - but HE posted them so they're HIS photos and as I found out he will you block you if you point this out.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
There was some freak that was really into the Loveline radio show and wormed his way into being some weird gatekeeper to the old episodes. Pretty cool.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

beepo posted:

There was some freak that was really into the Loveline radio show and wormed his way into being some weird gatekeeper to the old episodes. Pretty cool.

ahh, "superfan" Giovanni, I remember him. LOL what a tool he was

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

little munchkin posted:

now im lolling imagining bully ray going to a wedding and getting mad that they just did their vows but didn't have any story

"If THAT guy is called the Best Man why isn't he the one getting married??? This is garbage storytelling AND DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!!!"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Duke Pukem posted:

ahh, "superfan" Giovanni, I remember him. LOL what a tool he was

lol gently caress that guy, also

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
OKAY BUT PAPA H BE COOKIN' THOUGH SO IT'S ALL GOOD *eyes emoji, fire emoji, eyes emoji*

Just burn the whole motherfucker to the ground please.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

If you need a better reason to hate OSW then they provided one on their twitter.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Testekill posted:

If you need a better reason to hate OSW then they provided one on their twitter.

Shocked that the group that repeatedly bullied Paige over the leak of her sex tape and then responded to her asking them to stop by bullying her even harder would have a lovely take on this situation

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Testekill posted:

What did they say

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Posting a joke about one of Vince's sex crimes

bartok
May 10, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Shocked that the group that repeatedly bullied Paige over the leak of her sex tape and then responded to her asking them to stop by bullying her even harder would have a lovely take on this situation

I can't believe I used to like them. I stopped watching well before the Paige incident because the way they would call Virgil a name that was very close to the "N" word and giggle like little school girls annoyed the poo poo out of me.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Their format is good and carried things before I got tired of them, but good lord are those boys a series of duds. If you want C+ level riffing and boring/dumb takes, they have you covered all day.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Testekill posted:

Oh no Swole, that was maybe the worst way to defend what you said.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bartok posted:

I can't believe I used to like them. I stopped watching well before the Paige incident because the way they would call Virgil a name that was very close to the "N" word and giggle like little school girls annoyed the poo poo out of me.

The fact that they have never gotten away from that bit is shocking to me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I liked the OSW stuff when they were doing 80s WWF recaps but I haven’t gone back to revisit; it’s a fun era to revisit and they had some fun stories about various backstage ongoings.

Once they got to an era where women were on the shows they were reviewing, it became clear that they were leering creeps.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also like the 30th time you jokingly call yourself racist while still doing the aforementioned n-word bit it starts getting sus

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
OSW was probably the first free podcast doing wrestling history retro reviews, or at least the first really popular one so being a fan of it and dropping it over time is pretty common. It was second in popularity to the WOF4W podcasts at one point on this forum.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Everytime Swole posts, TK’s business acumen is justified

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/ZoJs8kYzSs

You're all showing your true colours... fickle.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
somebody please think of the Fed content creators :(

https://x.com/kileywrestling/status/1750911224580080043?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/italkwrasslin/status/1750954330268541110?s=20

the lowest iqs

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MrSantiZap/status/1750755858688983160

"The 'Yes' Movement was bad, actually."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

This post is right Batista was awesome in 2014.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

was that the year that gave us bluetista

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

It’s gonna be so funny when none of Mercedes, Okada, and MJF show up at the Rumble.