Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

About 8 more hours for PlayStation folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair that was how it was in LADG too.

He'd at least go gosh darn it who's that guy?

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I'm trying to finish Yakuza 7 before 8 unlocks, currently on chapter 14 and god drat, he really is Like A Dragon

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

LAD8 got me to quit drinking alcohol because I want to be able to enjoy it in the morning/afternoon (which used to be my favorite Gaming Time - I'm not a night person) on weekends instead of just after the evening beer.

I'm not even joking, it is unironically the reason I decided to go ahead and do this sooner rather than later.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Ytlaya posted:

LAD8 got me to quit drinking alcohol because I want to be able to enjoy it in the morning/afternoon (which used to be my favorite Gaming Time - I'm not a night person) on weekends instead of just after the evening beer.

I'm not even joking, it is unironically the reason I decided to go ahead and do this sooner rather than later.

Kiryu_That's_Rad dot gif

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Without context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLKnlzYwVz4

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
You can taxi from the map without opening the smartphone!

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Is there a way to get subtitles for the radio shows?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Time to dip out from the thread and maybe do a replay (or first time in the case of 3, 4 and 5) of the rest of the series in chronological order, skipping Lost Paradise and Isshin and finishing with Gaiden.

(I actually started with Dead Souls, then Kiwami, then 0. Majima did a lot to sell the games to me and my partner.)

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Checked out a bit of dub through streams and it seems good. Kaiji Tang is killing it as Ichiban. He really nails the determined optimism.
I don't think I've heard Kiruy outside of songs but I'll see how bad he is once I see him in my game so I won't spoil anything for myself on accident.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m seething with envy at the people playing rn

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Right off the bat we've gone from bread tech to ant tech.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Okay the dating app minigame that unlocks in chapter 3 is hilarious

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Also regarding the dub it seems that this time I'm guessing they first dubbed the lines and the sub adheres to it pretty closely. Y7 subs could be a little dry compared to the dubbed version, but here you get what you see. Really funny to hear Adachi say "Fuming, positively seething"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I dabbled in YLAD7 just a little to make a nice prologue save on my PS5 and to tide myself over until IW unlocks in a few hours and it's still kind of hilarious they use the 'chase a guy down' mechanics from Judgment in the first few seconds of gameplay and then literally never again

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I'm trying to finish Yakuza 7 before 8 unlocks, currently on chapter 14 and god drat, he really is Like A Dragon

You still have to fit Gaiden in there

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

I was disappointed when I got a 'correct' one because it would have been way funnier if all the potential choices were just people blowing smoke the same way Ichiban is.

It's also funny that they are clearly non-canon because as Ichiban has shown he is the world's biggest virgin.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm so happy this dropped tonight

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

You still have to fit Gaiden in there

Thankfully I already beat Gaiden. I had initially stopped playing 7 when I switched from PS4 to PS5 a long time ago but came back to it after beating Gaiden. I forgot that I had just changed classes on all my dudes and only had the basic weapons equipped for a series of story battles, that was an ordeal.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Quote-Unquote posted:

It got me down how way better I'm at it in the game than irl

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

Thankfully I already beat Gaiden. I had initially stopped playing 7 when I switched from PS4 to PS5 a long time ago but came back to it after beating Gaiden. I forgot that I had just changed classes on all my dudes and only had the basic weapons equipped for a series of story battles, that was an ordeal.

wait i know they had the free upgrade, but is there a way to convert your PS4 saves to PS5 saves for 7? i've found myself wanting to jump back in at times, but playing through an entire vanilla game is not ideal

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

stuker posted:

wait i know they had the free upgrade, but is there a way to convert your PS4 saves to PS5 saves for 7? i've found myself wanting to jump back in at times, but playing through an entire vanilla game is not ideal

No, there’s no save transfer for 7

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

stuker posted:

I believe the save I'm playing is a transfer from PS4 but I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5. Did 7 get an actual PS5 version too?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I believe the save I'm playing is a transfer from PS4 but I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5. Did 7 get an actual PS5 version too?

Yeah it did but you can’t transfer the save between versions, it’s one of the few cross gen games that didn’t get that on PS for whatever reason.

Apparently 8 has save transfer though.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah it did but you can’t transfer the save between versions, it’s one of the few cross gen games that didn’t get that on PS for whatever reason.

Apparently 8 has save transfer though.

Ahhh yeah I see the Free PS5 Upgrade icon now, and the version I'm playing is the PS4 one. Actually that's probably why I stopped playing when I switched to PS5 in the first place.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I'm guessing that the random rear end in a top hat during the tatara thing who has a "fighter" youtube channel and who Ichiban jerks off for no reason is an IRL person because I got some real unsettling smiling chef from Y5 vibes during that whole interaction

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Getting a bug where the loading screen after the cutscenes at the tower at the beginning of chapter 2 just hangs

E: fixed it with an integrity check

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 26, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Perfect Potato posted:

I'm guessing that the random rear end in a top hat during the tatara thing who has a "fighter" youtube channel and who Ichiban jerks off for no reason is an IRL person because I got some real unsettling smiling chef from Y5 vibes during that whole interaction

Most Yakuza cameos fly over my head but I recognized this one - It’s Mikuru Asakura, one of the most popular fighters out of RIZIN, a Japanese MMA promotion from the dude behind PRIDE. His little brother Kai is one of their champions.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is it just me or is the walking animation a bit jerky? Kind of turns my stomach a bit. The game claims that it is running with a 60 fps frame limit and my GPU should be able to handle that.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
One thing I'm a bit unclear on and seem to have gotten conflicting answers on from the previous game and unsure of here: do stat boosts from job ranks carry over when changing jobs?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Pretty sure the stat bonuses you get at certain job level thresholds like “Stat +10” carry over, that was like the only real incentive to level jobs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

yeah, in 7 each job had its own stats based on your rank in that job and then on top of that you add any stat boosts unlocked in any jobs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

When I saw the game was working on a 100 yen to a dollar exchange rate I was simultaneously thinking "yeah that makes sense as a general ballpark" and "pfft yeah if only lmao"

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

My favorite thing so far is that the wave/greet people button and the scavenge through garbage button are the same button so I constantly alert everyone around me that I am about to dig through garbage or check the change slot in a vending machine

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
Wow, this is going better than expected, I thought the cringe would be a lot wors...

Ichiban nooooooooooo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alkanos posted:

Wow, this is going better than expected, I thought the cringe would be a lot wors...

Ichiban nooooooooooo

it is an expression of pain

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I want in let me in god dammit

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Hot pic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

When I saw the game was working on a 100 yen to a dollar exchange rate I was simultaneously thinking "yeah that makes sense as a general ballpark" and "pfft yeah if only lmao"

Judging from the chart, Kasuga got a fantastic deal.