Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

Problem is, if 90% of the population doesn't fight, then nobody is going to make anything for the 10% who do, it won't be worthwhile.

10% of everyone on the internet is really a lot of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

TotalLossBrain posted:

It's not too heavy, it's my brother :cry:

-that printer carrying goon, probably

I fuckin chortled, quoting for next page.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

TotalLossBrain posted:

Lmaoo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Thread crossover.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

TotalLossBrain posted:

Brothers in arms

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

*brother in arms

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
bros in arms before hoes in arms

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Let me print ya somethin’, brother

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Fire is the correct place for a printer.

Intended behavior. Closing ticket.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Eyes stinging, lungs choked, face blackened, I stumble out of the burning house, clutching my Brother printer to my chest. Behind me, the structure collapses into an immolation of particle board and liquor store receipts. I lay the Brother gently onto the grass, and collapse beside it, prostrate, gasping for air.

"It's fine,"

I say to my printer,

"We're gonna be fine."

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Eyes stinging, lungs choked, face blackened, I stumble out of the burning house, clutching my Brother printer to my chest. Behind me, the structure collapses into an immolation of particle board and liquor store receipts. I lay the Brother gently onto the grass, and collapse beside it, prostrate, gasping for air.

"It's fine,"

I say to my printer,

"We're gonna be fine."

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk...

Whether you're a Brother or living with your mother
You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Seriously if Brother printers succumb to enshitification then I will lose the last lingering shred of my faith in the works of God and Man. I will become a hollow-eyed Bogomil praying only for death, because I will have finally realized that there is no good in this Devil-created world we happen to inhabit. Don't take my beloved printers away, capitalism, I beg you.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 26, 2024

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Seriously if Brother printers succumb to enshitification then I will lose the last lingering shred of my faith in the works of God and Man. I will become a hollow-eyed Bogomil praying only for death, because I will have finally realized that there is no good in this Devil-created world we happen to o inhabit. Don't take my beloved printers away, capitalism, I beg you.
there are reports of them recently intentionally degrading print quality and/or disabling features when using 3rd party ink cartridges/toner

E.g.
https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comments/s9b2eg/brother_mfc_firmware_update_nongenuine_toner_now/

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 26, 2024

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

there are reports of them recently intentionally degrading print quality when using 3rd party ink cartridges/toner
https://www.reddit.com/r/printers/comments/s9b2eg/brother_mfc_firmware_update_nongenuine_toner_now/

That's just good business!

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
Why tf is there a printers subreddit lol

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I bought a Brother brand black and white laser printer that connects to my wifi and I can print from phone or computer the 4 time I need to a year and it's been stellar. It's like 2 years old.

It was cheap.

Works to print my taxes and forms.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Cosmik Debris posted:

*Stares through you with the wild, bloodshot eyes of a man who has clawed himself from the howling bottomless void of office IT support*

The light of our universe grows dimmer. Meaning and purpose are illusions. Google has abandoned us. Now we are alone. Without each other, we are all alone. Entropy swallows the human notion of permanence, and soon all is desolation. And why the don't any of these search results actually explain what the gently caress printer error 00041 means it's been almost two hours I just want to close this stupid ticket.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Cosmik Debris posted:

There's still a lot of girls out there who need to borrow a printer

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Time_pants posted:

*Stares through you with the wild, bloodshot eyes of a man who has clawed himself from the howling bottomless void of office IT support*

The light of our universe grows dimmer. Meaning and purpose are illusions. Google has abandoned us. Now we are alone. Without each other, we are all alone. Entropy swallows the human notion of permanence, and soon all is desolation. And why the don't any of these search results actually explain what the gently caress printer error 00041 means it's been almost two hours I just want to close this stupid ticket.

It is just a little bit funny to live in a timeline where Google was defeated by a much worse technology. Like a gray goo scenario but instead of out-of-control self replicating machines it's out-of-control self replicating bullshit.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Can Google be defeated? Or just temporarily put on hold until they exact their revenge?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

With the rate they're laying people off right now it's only a matter of time

My friend worked for a company they acquired last year and they laid off almost the entire company in December lmao

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
I met a tech bro once and he was a dick, I hope they all get fired! :twisted:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Outpost22 posted:

I met a tech bro once and he was a dick, I hope they all get fired! :twisted:

this but unironically

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Wendigee posted:

I bought a Brother brand black and white laser printer that connects to my wifi and I can print from phone or computer the 4 time I need to a year and it's been stellar. It's like 2 years old.

It was cheap.

Works to print my taxes and forms.
Mine is also a black and white laser, cost like $100, it just does what you want it to do. No bullshit, no nonsense, it prints things. I tell it to print things and it prints things. I don't have to subscribe, I don't have to register, I don't have to sign up for anything, I don't have to watch a tutorial video to adjust the settings, I don't have to pay more money for the thing I already paid for, it just does exactly what I want it to correctly and fast. It prints.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 26, 2024

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Post here every time you notice something got shittier for no good reason: Brother appreciation station

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Post here every time you notice something got shittier for no good reason: Brother appreciation station

The thread of Brotherly Love

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Mine is also a black and white laser, cost like $100, it just does what you want it to do. No bullshit, no nonsense, it prints things. I tell it to print things and it prints things. I don't have to subscribe, I don't have to register, I don't have to sign up for anything, I don't have to watch a tutorial video to adjust the settings, I don't have to pay more money for the thing I already paid for, it just does exactly what I want it to correctly and fast. It prints.

Yeah that. It's a perfect appliance. I forget about it until I need it, and then it just works

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

My Brother printer is the only time I've been able to just plug in a printer and have it work, without any bullshittery with trying a bunch of different driver packages that are all inexplicably like 200 MB each followed by the printer ceasing to work after a couple of reboots.

Also, I've had to buy toner once in the ten years I've had it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I've posted so many dozens of words about Brother printers today, which means that tomorrow Brother is going to unveil Brother+, a $2.99 a month mandatory subscription service that does nothing other than let your printer function normally. Don't worry, if you buy a new Brother printer, it comes with 3 free months of Brother+, followed by 50% off Brother+ as long as you pay for an annual subscription to Brother+ bundled with Hulu. If you try to print out something without an active Brother+ subscription, your printer will only produce pixelated pictures of the times in your life where you were not brave

She left, and she's not coming back

Brother+

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I've posted so many dozens of words about Brother printers today, which means that tomorrow Brother is going to unveil Brother+, a $2.99 a month mandatory subscription service that does nothing other than let your printer function normally. Don't worry, if you buy a new Brother printer, it comes with 3 free months of Brother+, followed by 50% off Brother+ as long as you pay for an annual subscription to Brother+ bundled with Hulu. If you try to print out something without an active Brother+ subscription, your printer will only produce pixelated pictures of the times in your life where you were not brave

She left, and she's not coming back

Brother+

The 2 factor "approve printing" button in the mandatory app is so easy to use though.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My Canon printer has an error that’s endemic to several models of Canon printers and you have to do the equivalent of a secret society handshake to get it to work. What sucks is that the scanner on it is loving amazing, but of course, can’t use the scanner because the printer head needs special pats to work. I don’t want to contribute to e-waste but like, come the gently caress on Canon.

As for a new irritant, my work’s project management platform has added a new AI assistant button squeezed into an existing menu bar, right next to the search field. For someone who uses the search field all the time, this slight UI change has been surprisingly annoying!! I’m unable to find the option to nix the button so great, get to work around this useless thing.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

light your printers on fire. its a fun and legal thrill

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Cactus Ghost posted:

light your printers on fire. its a fun and legal thrill

My printer requires a service contract to set it on fire. :(

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
AI printing assistants in 3...2...1...

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I went through this with my mother-in-law earlier this week. They have some lovely HP printer that randomly decided to stop working with her Mac. Fast forward 90 minutes and I've had to factory reset the thing and oh look, it refuses to print unless it's registered to their lovely software. Which, of course, the registration fails over and over. Endless search results of people saying the same thing over the years, no particular resolution. Manually setting the DNS on the printer to a public server instead of the equally lovely comcast modem fixed it, or at least the issue coincidentally resolved at the same time. Who knows?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My facebook feed is now all Brother printer ads.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Cosmik Debris posted:

AI printing assistants in 3...2...1...

My brother and mii

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Big Brother is watching you

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The tide turned on HP for me many years ago when I bought this new 1000 dollar super all in one machine, but primarily the main fax machine (it was a long time ago). Set it up and it seemed to work fine, but then started getting notifications that we weren't getting faxes. After much troubleshooting, HP told us this new fax machine was too advanced to communicate with older faxes. That was their answer.

We returned it and got something else. Maybe a Brother!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

redshirt posted:

The tide turned on HP for me many years ago when I bought this new 1000 dollar super all in one machine, but primarily the main fax machine (it was a long time ago). Set it up and it seemed to work fine, but then started getting notifications that we weren't getting faxes. After much troubleshooting, HP told us this new fax machine was too advanced to communicate with older faxes. That was their answer.

We returned it and got something else. Maybe a Brother!

How is a fax machine too advanced? I am but a simple minded millennial and have faxed things maybe five times in my life…it seems pretty fixed and not versioned? Was there a Fax 2.0, or a Fa.x or some inane poo poo?