Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Melt the cheese you pervert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Tiggum posted:

Very lazy dinner. Sausages and giant beans on toast.

Those are very large beans. And very unmelted cheese. (shame!)

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

lamb meatballs, homemade noodles, ricotta, sauce, etc

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bird with big dick posted:

Which part of "very lazy" didn't you understand? The beans were hot. The cheese kind of melted as I ate.

On The Internet posted:

Those are very large beans.
They're these greek ones. They're really good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fish and chips and a trio of dipping sauces. These are Kenjis quadruple fried fries which are too much work but are very good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
2 chicken tinga tacos with fire roasted corn and fresh made raw creamy jalapeno/cilantro salsa (v. spicy)

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

shrimp, spicy butter, roasted Brussels tossed in hot pepper jelly, warmed italian bread

a very simple aesthetic. a very delicious meal

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Pesto pizza with half sausage & pepper, half broccoli & artichoke

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Did a big rear end pot roast, and my first try making Yorkshire pudding. Was super hungry, so forgot to take pictures. Gotta get better at the Yorkshire though. Not bad, not great.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Friday Fish Fry!

I got the walleye. They didn't have rye but garlic bread and it was good. The potato choice was just fries and potato salad so I went with that. The fish itself was one of the better ones I've had around here. By far. The pic makes them look small but I couldn't finish all of the fish.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Friday Fish Fry!

I got the walleye. They didn't have rye but garlic bread and it was good. The potato choice was just fries and potato salad so I went with that. The fish itself was one of the better ones I've had around here. By far. The pic makes them look small but I couldn't finish all of the fish.

. It

Fish and chips and a trio of dipping sauces. These are Kenjis quadruple fried fries which are too much work but are very good.

I can't help notice that Americans are much better at the Fish and Chips game than the people who supposedly invented it.

I made lasagne for the first time in over a decade. I forgot how much work was involved, still... that's dinner for the next six days sorted.

If anyone is wondering why my casserole dish is looking like that it's because I have used the oven only 3 times since I moved here and I don't think the previous resident cleaned it once. Needs a serious scouring with something really abrasive - like wire wool.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I threw some chicken thighs in the slow cooker with a couple achiote packets and fresh cilantro, spread it out on a pan and broiled the tips crispy.

Fired up a skillet situation of mushrooms, bell peppers and black beans with some shallot, garlic and cumin.

Rolled it all up into a big burrito w./ some brown rice, avocado-tomatillo salsa, cheese & sour cream.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Valko posted:

I can't help notice that Americans are much better at the Fish and Chips game than the people who supposedly invented it.

This is the case for most things. :patriot:

Honestly, British fish and chips or deep fried anything looks pretty dire to me. The fish is always over-battered everything is the exact same color. Plus steak fries are by far the worst type of fry. Worse than crinkle cut. The Wisconsin fish fry is a bit different than standard fish and chips and usually does not come with fries but some type of potato. Baked, potato pancakes if you're lucky, potato salad in my case.

My toaster oven has never been cleaned once in the 9 or so years I've had it. I bought some oven cleaner spray and a wire brush a year or so ago but I'm lazy.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 27, 2024

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It just depends on the chippy. Plenty of them do great soft flaky fish with light crispy batter. If you're a tourist and just go to the first pub in a tourist area in London and get fish and chips and think it's representative of the meal then you'll be sorely disappointed but the same applies in every country. I do agree that our chips could be better, but fries aren't the answer with fish and chips. The Dutch and the Belgians make the best chips imo.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a humble meal of rice, steamed vegetables, and fish (hake) in its baked form

the back plate has couscous. we didn't have enough couscous for everybody

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

a humble meal of rice, steamed vegetables, and fish (hake) in its baked form

the back plate has couscous. we didn't have enough couscous for everybody

Butterfly Valley posted:

It just depends on the chippy. Plenty of them do great soft flaky fish with light crispy batter. If you're a tourist and just go to the first pub in a tourist area in London and get fish and chips and think it's representative of the meal then you'll be sorely disappointed but the same applies in every country. I do agree that our chips could be better, but fries aren't the answer with fish and chips. The Dutch and the Belgians make the best chips imo.

I didn’t realize these were two different people and thought someone was saying the best Dutch and Belgian fish and chips were baked fish and white rice and was about the get real mad.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

I didn’t realize these were two different people and thought someone was saying the best Dutch and Belgian fish and chips were baked fish and white rice and was about the get real mad.

lol. baked fish and rice as pub food

fried shrimp and fried frenches and a side dish of remoulade. i used to take pride in homemade french fries but I'm much happier just air frying the frozen ones because that way i actually eat fries with some regularity. decent macros too for what they are

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

the shrimp are fried in peanut fat as god intended. don't flame me.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I made caprese pork chops
(Loosely followed this recipe)

https://www.jerseygirlcooks.com/wprm_print/5407

poo poo was good.

Sixtyforces
Aug 29, 2019

Where am I?

I'm on an extended fast, but I'll have Turkey broth I made on Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

long day. grabbed a pork and pineapple torta. spouse got some sopa de pollo

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i can eat it closed too

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Vegetarian stuffed peppers. Quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, corn. Some other stuff. Went kinda texmex on the seasoning. Whole bunch of pepper jack on top.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

last night was ricotta, pepperoni, lightly roasted sweet peppers, onion, on olive oil

tonight was fish tacos. the cheese on top is a ricotta and chipotle mix. it was really good. it was my first time making flour tortillas but i underestimated how thick they'd turn out. my spouse made the rest of it

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Gambit making pizza again. cool.

I finally figured out how to get good chips from the air fryer. Cut them thick and parboil them in salted water for 5 mins. Stick them in at 210c for 15 minutes. Preheat a little sunflower oil in a pan (only need about 2tsp) and then toss them in that for a little while.

I just added some bits and pieces from the fridge while the air fryer was going. Couple shrooms, broc and peas and a rasher of bacon.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

pizza every Wednesday since COVID started. this latest batch of dough was my best yet tho. wonderfully pliable, just enough plumpness.

i need to try home fries in the POWERXL AIR FRYER. I'll do them again one day. looks good!

did frozen tamales and rice and beans tonight. the kid is just mixing it all together on his plate so i think he's a fan

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i don't have good language to talk about dough. it should involve words like squeeze and poke

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
last of the tuna noodle casserole I made a couple days ago (creme fraische+sour cream based with loads of frozen peas and capers)

handful of shredded cheddar added before nuking (it's my kitchen ill nuke leftover tuna all day :colbert:)

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i had a co-worker who used to do that in the lounge microwave. and burn candles in her office.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I roasted these giant carrots

and some other vegetables

and ate them with some cheese and cauliflower pies from the supermarket.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Those are some girthy carrots and also you appear to be covered in a layer of thick fur.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Those are some girthy carrots and also you appear to be covered in a layer of thick fur.

I’m also girthy and covered in fur, if you’re interested

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Burg on top of a layer of olive tapenade, a (supposed to be sunny side, but it popped) egg

Fry sauce to split with my wife. It’s a Canes clone

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Americas test kitchen scrimp pad Thai

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

hot pepper jam, caramelized onions, gruyere, double smashburgers

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Souffle

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

finally got homemade ravioli to work. I'd been rolling it too thin and despairing when it ruptured. stuffing is ricotta, blood orange olive oil, salt, pepper, parmesan; sauce is the leftover stuffing with lemon juice and pasta water mixed in

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

i should probably work on portion control. one salmon fillet and half the veg and rice would have been sufficient. made a generic east asian-y marinade for the salmon - garlic, ginger, honey, soy, oyster and sriracha sauce, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil, which i also fried the veg off in. would have liked the veg to be crispier too, could have done with a shorter blanch. still drat tasty and i should eat salmon more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
leftover Mississippi Pot Roast + made garlic mashed potatoes using the fat from the pot roast