Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

Yikes, you lot were not kidding about the D&D thread. Probes are handed out in there for the dumbest poo poo.

no, only if you're pro-palestine. this didn't even merit a 6er

Pvt. Parts posted:

Bombed what hospital? Bombing a hospital is mentioned nowhere in that tweet or in the link you provided. They talk about bombing a convoy of ambulances leaving the hospital.

Also, is it really so impossible that it was in fact full of weapons/Hamas? If I were Hamas, I'd probably use ambulances to move things around so as to not attract attention and deter strikes. That incentive seems pretty clear to me. I don't see the incentive for Israel to bomb ambulances carrying non-combatants or not carrying key infrastructure of Hamas, other than to terrorize the population. But given how many eyes are on this conflict I find it hard to believe that some IDF commander is calling shots like that. That's not to say that mistakes can't happen, and that sick and extreme people who hold sway over the lives of innocents don't exist. But I just can't see most IDF leaders waking up and going "ok let's bomb some drat ambulances today!" as a policy.

neither did this

Tuna-Fish posted:

The laws of war are actually pretty clear that you are specifically allowed to do that. The basic idea is that targeting civilians on purpose is not allowed, but collateral damage, or civilians killed alongside legitimate military targets you strike, are fine. The thinking is that in those cases, the death of the civilians is the fault of the military personnel who chose to place themselves in the vicinity, not the people doing the shooting, and also to discourage taking human shields.

You might not agree that it is right, but those are the internationally accepted rules.

or this

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The problem is that Hamas' actions do not at all line up with this interpretation. If this was about fighting the apartheid state of Israel then they could've limited their attack to soldiers and perhaps relevant political targets. Instead they went door to door killing everyone they could find at a famously leftwing commune, and rounded up and massacred as many young people as they could get their hands on at a music festival. It's difficult to explain that kind of systematic cold-blooded murder of obviously innocent targets without invoking the genocidal antisemitism that underpinned the founding of Hamas.

if you're denying the right genocide, you can actually post pretty much anything there without getting probed :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
oh hey I just realized something:-

October 7 = salute the troops

O7

o7

We can turn that into some sort of meme or twitter response or something.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I like how other countries name stuff after days and dates. "10th of Ramadan City" and so forth. Wonder how long til there is a 7th of October City

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
realized recently that october 7 is the date that the us invaded afghanistan, in a war it ultimately lost against one of the poorest least industrialized large countries in the world. an auspicious day

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/EndGameWW3/status/1750527453498581061
:hmmyes: Hey Google, October 7 near me

HazCat
May 4, 2009

DnD is debate club. You don't get punished for having abhorrent opinions, you get punished for using bad logic.

To succeed in DnD you need to have the mind of a deranged lepidopterist who prefers to pin down butterflies while they are still alive. You aren't having a reasonable conversation, you are using logic to precisely skewer your opponent while they squirm and mewl and try increasingly desperately to dodge your pins. If you're getting emotional about how bad their arguments are, that's a sign to step away because the only thing you should feel when looking at their arguments is dispassionate interest in where next to apply the pain.

You know you've won when they resort to ad hominems, or when they appeal to the mods to save them from your attacks, or when they fall silent. If you go into DnD and accuse someone of being a monster, in their eyes that means they're winning.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's a good thing that DnD exists on SA or that people with abhorrent views should be sheltered anywhere on SA. I'm saying it's actually trivially easy to post in DnD (and to post incredibly aggressively and derisively) without getting banned, as long as you actually understand what DnD is.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

HazCat posted:

DnD is debate club. You don't get punished for having abhorrent opinions, you get punished for using bad logic.

To succeed in DnD you need to have the mind of a deranged lepidopterist who prefers to pin down butterflies while they are still alive. You aren't having a reasonable conversation, you are using logic to precisely skewer your opponent while they squirm and mewl and try increasingly desperately to dodge your pins. If you're getting emotional about how bad their arguments are, that's a sign to step away because the only thing you should feel when looking at their arguments is dispassionate interest in where next to apply the pain.

You know you've won when they resort to ad hominems, or when they appeal to the mods to save them from your attacks, or when they fall silent. If you go into DnD and accuse someone of being a monster, in their eyes that means they're winning.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's a good thing that DnD exists on SA or that people with abhorrent views should be sheltered anywhere on SA. I'm saying it's actually trivially easy to post in DnD (and to post incredibly aggressively and derisively) without getting banned, as long as you actually understand what DnD is.

unless you post something too pro-palestine then its a bad faith whataboutism

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/a_luffa/status/1750603056738390369

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/MilitaryEye/status/1750559397556719846

:sickos:

HazCat
May 4, 2009

hamas ftw posted:

Go read my posts in the DnD thread and tell me they were insufficiently pro-Palestine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

when you post in dnd you're helping to train the calm hitler ai

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

hamas ftw posted:

no, only if you're pro-palestine. this didn't even merit a 6er

don't make me tap the meme

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

don't make me tap the meme

I can see you're getting heated by posting this meme... any chance you can calm down and discuss this effectively?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dokapon Findom posted:

I can see you're getting heated by posting this meme... any chance you can calm down and discuss this effectively?

PLEASE SIR I HAVE A FAMILY I HAVE SOURCES PLEASE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/578682-adolf-hitler

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Weka posted:

the most morel army in the world

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I've been assured that everyone in that thread thinks Israel is bad but for some reason they only ever criticize Israel's enemies.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LakesPoliticsYT/status/1750693047149510906?t=cLFOOUzHcy_uYFdV5GDh3w&s=19

The list of places we need to eat at is steadily growing

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

ICJ ruling in a few hours

Please set your expectations to less than zero, I wouldnt be surprised if they throw out the case all together.

still gonna watch it live though because I'm a freak degenerate masochist.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Voice of Labor posted:

when you post in dnd you're helping to train the calm hitler ai

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol https://en.hespress.com/73101-hamas-tacos-chamas-tacos-restaurant-faces-closure-due-to-c-sign-malfunction.html

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

hamas ftw posted:

there’s several assholes who do nothing but criticize every action anyone supportive of Palestine does but will tell you they aren’t pro-Israel

but they are also boring long winded losers who think the longest posts make them smarter

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

I never said Israel was good, I simply said they have every right to destroy hamas, which includes every single man, woman, child, cat, dog, olive tree, public park, water treatment plant, hospital, school, car, road and powerline in the area, and that Israel is allowed to take that land over. I don't get where you are suggesting I am some kind of Israel lover. Please grow up you anti-semetic troll.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

"look at this proof that i was right in being racist all along"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Looks like the white nazi rats are jumping the ship:-

============

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...87-%D9%81%D9%8A

Germany: There must be a ceasefire in Gaza for humanitarian reasons and so the hostages can also be released

German Foreign Minister:

We are deeply concerned about the desperate situation experienced by the residents of Khan Yunis in Gaza.
There are international laws governing the right to self-defense, and Israel must abide by them.
Israel must allow more humanitarian aid into Gaza and control its military operations.
There must be a ceasefire in Gaza on humanitarian grounds and until the hostages are also released.
Click here to share on social media

France calls on Israel to comply with international humanitarian law
The French Foreign Ministry called on Israel to "comply with international humanitarian law" in the Gaza Strip.

In a statement, the Ministry condemned the Israeli attack that targeted an UNRWA center in Khan Yunis, south of the Gaza Strip, on Wednesday, and led to dozens of martyrs and wounded among the displaced.

The statement stressed the need to protect United Nations centers in Gaza and humanitarian aid workers whose work is of “vital importance to the civilian population in the region,” as he put it.

hamas ftw
Nov 25, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Looks like the white nazi rats are jumping the ship:-

============

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...87-%D9%81%D9%8A

Germany: There must be a ceasefire in Gaza for humanitarian reasons and so the hostages can also be released

German Foreign Minister:

We are deeply concerned about the desperate situation experienced by the residents of Khan Yunis in Gaza.
There are international laws governing the right to self-defense, and Israel must abide by them.
Israel must allow more humanitarian aid into Gaza and control its military operations.
There must be a ceasefire in Gaza on humanitarian grounds and until the hostages are also released.
Click here to share on social media

France calls on Israel to comply with international humanitarian law
The French Foreign Ministry called on Israel to "comply with international humanitarian law" in the Gaza Strip.

In a statement, the Ministry condemned the Israeli attack that targeted an UNRWA center in Khan Yunis, south of the Gaza Strip, on Wednesday, and led to dozens of martyrs and wounded among the displaced.

The statement stressed the need to protect United Nations centers in Gaza and humanitarian aid workers whose work is of “vital importance to the civilian population in the region,” as he put it.

please god let this be a sign that the icj isn't siding with the nazis

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hamas ftw posted:

please god let this be a sign that the icj isn't siding with the nazis

rule #1

Never Hope

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

ICJ ruling in a few hours

Please set your expectations to less than zero, I wouldnt be surprised if they throw out the case all together.

still gonna watch it live though because I'm a freak degenerate masochist.

have they said what time?

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dokapon Findom posted:

The latest US delivery will only facilitate more war creminis. Of chief concern are the promised Chanterellraiser missiles and MANPADS (Man-Portabello Air-Defense Spores). This in addition to the enoki-lar capabilities they allegedly possess makes me think Netanyahu has his finger on the white button. :shroom:

too much. sorry.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
I’m lazy what time is the ruling in eastern burger time

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Huragok posted:

7am

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Hey Luc

The Pope told you to respect the Palestinians, so maybe you should respect the Palestinians yeah?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
just read a thing in Al Jazeera that China is pressuring Iran to get the Houthis to stop their actions

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hadji murad posted:

just read a thing in Al Jazeera that China is pressuring Iran to get the Houthis to stop their actions

CSPAM is gonna look real silly if Operation China Please Fix This For Us ends up working

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

israel expecting a significant escalation?

There's only one group in the region with enough firepower to do enough damage that consulates would need a backup generator, and it's Hezbollah. Either they're planning on escalating the war into Lebanon or they're bullshitting.

e: they're gonna wait on the American shipment to replenish Iron Dome interceptors before starting anything, aren't they.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

hadji murad posted:

quote:

China presses Iran to rein in Houthi attacks in Red Sea: Report

Chinese officials are putting pressure on their Iranian counterparts to assist in getting the Houthis to stop their attacks on vessels in the Red Sea, Reuters news agency reports.

Beijing has threatened to limit trade between China and Iran if Tehran doesn’t comply, according to the report, which quotes four anonymous Iranian sources and a diplomat close to the issue.

“Basically, China says: ‘If our interests are harmed in any way, it will impact our business with Tehran. So tell the Houthis to show restraint’,” one Iranian official said.

The Financial Times also reported this week that the US has repeatedly asked China to leverage its position to help stop attacks in the vital waterway, through which about 13 percent of global shipping moves.

The Iran-backed Houthis have been launching attacks on vessels in the Red Sea since November in retaliation for Israel’s war on Gaza.
this is probably a warning about the possibility of Chinese ships getting hit

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Huragok posted:

What time is it in New Zealand time

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
What do you reckon the Yanks gave up for that conversation?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Dokapon Findom posted:

The latest US delivery will only facilitate more war creminis. Of chief concern are the promised Chanterellraiser missiles and MANPADS (Man-Portabello Air-Defense Spores). This in addition to the enoki-lar capabilities they allegedly possess makes me think Netanyahu has his finger on the white button. :shroom:

Lol you really are a slav

KomradeX posted:

And I was thinking that Hamas SAM might not be shooting any of them down, but at least a few of them are probably getting peppered with shrapnel so that has to effect attrition. Though I have no way to prove this and Israel wouldn't even cop to one actually being shot down even if they paraded the captured pilot about.

Which lol whats Israel's SAR like, a follow up F-16 to drop a bomb on the surviving pilot

Hamas claimed 4 Apache shootdowns with it early in the conflict. Another with a Strela MANPAD recently.

guidoanselmi posted:

Wonder what the procurement timeline is for those F-35s...

e:

Are they flying them over Gaza & Lebanon? Makes no sense to fly F-35s over Gaza given the $/hr & maintenance imho but maybe they have that many sorties. Maybe it's stocking up for future warmongering?

Israel regularly bombs Iran and Syria, atleast sometimes with f-35s. Idk about Gaza or Lebanon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

What do you reckon the Yanks gave up for that conversation?

even the barest potemkin appearance to the last remaining audience for the narrative that anyone but China is the leader of the world?