Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Chernabog posted:

Overheal priest didn't work for me but this has been doing great:

### mechxcavate
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Click-Clocker
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Jukebox Totem
# 2x (2) Kobold Miner
# 2x (2) Noble Minibot
# 1x (2) Radar Detector
# 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
# 2x (3) Muscle-o-Tron
# 2x (3) Prosthetic Hand
# 2x (3) Shroomscavate
# 1x (3) Sir Finley, the Intrepid
# 2x (4) Fossilized Kaleidosaur
# 2x (5) Burrow Buster
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
#
AAECAamaBgSwsgTa0wSElgWTngYNyaAE4bUE2tkE8egFhv4FyoMG0IMG+JUGtJ4GtZ4GyKIGzLAGzrAGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm considering adding another radar detector and maybe the titan, although I'm not sure what to take out. Probably the noble minibot.

Took this to Platinum 5, hoping to get to Diamond 10 for the first time. Thanks for the list!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Really enjoying the Overheal priest. I was in a warrior pocket meta that almost made me give up but have climbed past that now. Apparently 37% of my climb has been Paladin, which the deck just farms - I've only lost once, to some weird custom list.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The first deck I ever made was Elemental Shaman. I remake it often. It's never gotten to Ranked good. Fun as though

### DB Elemental
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Wailing Vapor
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Elementary Reaction
# 2x (2) Fire Plume Harbinger
# 1x (2) Murmuring Elemental
# 2x (2) Shale Spider
# 2x (2) Trusty Companion
# 2x (3) Arid Stormer
# 2x (4) Brass Elemental
# 2x (4) Granite Forgeborn
# 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker
# 1x (7) Al'Akir, the Winds of Time
# 1x (7) Kalimos, Primal Lord
# 1x (7) Skarr, the Catastrophe
# 1x (7) Therazane
# 1x (8) Al'Akir the Windlord
# 1x (8) Ozruk
# 2x (9) Walking Mountain
#
AAEBAaoICs7CAvPCAqvnAuDqAob6A4CgBObkBcCPBuqhBv2wBgqTwQKz9wLg7APh7AOt7gPA9gPB0AXDjwbqmAbMogYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ended up finishing the D5-Legend climb with a Naga/Arcane hunter

### Arcane Naga
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
# 2x (1) Ricochet Shot
# 2x (1) Shimmer Shot
# 2x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Arrow Smith
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Conjured Arrow
# 1x (2) Raj Naz'jan
# 1x (2) Ten Gallon Hat
# 2x (3) Ancient Krakenbane
# 2x (3) Celestial Shot
# 2x (4) Camouflage Mount
# 1x (4) Halduron Brightwing
# 2x (5) Mantle Shaper
# 1x (5) Star Power
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
#
AAECAZ/DAwaXoASGyQSwkgXz8gXX+QW+nAYMiLIEwNMEp5AFmpIFqqQF6MoF5PUFyvYF0vgFzo4Gjp4GkJ4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and ocreate a new deck in Hearthstone

I had a different, slower version that was farming the warriors and druids but then starting at D3 literally every other game was against Paladins that proceeded to destroy me so I made a more aggressive version. Ended up being a very fun deck! The new Mantle Shapers are great, as is Shimmering Shot.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Hi Dad Legend, and ran into an absolute cliff. Like, pinned screaming against the wall of D5 as things keep hitting me in the face.
The only question is whether the thing hitting you is some monstrously greedy 'delete everything for 10 consecutive turns', some variety of OTK, or Plot of Sin.

Happy to be back there from a level perspective, but once you arrive, the game is very hard going.

E: As my next Druid opponent drops a 4/6 Taunt and gains 8 Armour. On TURN ONE.

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 24, 2024

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah there are some crazy plays right now. Like druid 5 mana gain 40 armour draw 2 (potentially 0 cost) 8/8s

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Shockeh posted:

E: As my next Druid opponent drops a 4/6 Taunt and gains 8 Armour. On TURN ONE.

What's the play for this?

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
I guess innervate->coin->pendant of earth->crypt keeper

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
People are whining about Pendant, but I honestly think it’ll be a perfectly fair card once Naga Giant and Crypt Keeper rotate, so I hope they don’t nerf it. It’s not even close to being the problem card in Druid. (I’d start by nuking Dew Process.)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Not sure if this is correct interaction:

I have the Boulderfist ‘Make Stats 6/7’ location. I play Crabatoa, and location the Claw. It should go to 8/7 whilst Crabatoa is alive, right? Because it doesn’t, and only goes to 6/7.

(Presumably, because it works by increasing your stats TO 6/7, and ignores the buff from Crabatoa, so it’s not actually ‘setting’ the values)

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
last night in a battleground, I slapped my opponent for at least 15 damage - I had five minions up when I killed their last one - but the game didn't register the damage to their hero. Anyone else seen this, or did I just momentarily black out and that wasn't what actually happened

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
It happens with Titus's Tribute and the spell that sets an enemy minion to 1 health at the start of combat. One or both of you had one of those spells active without it showing up in the opponent's game. The theory is that they fixed the desync issues caused by those two spells by making the game re-synchronize into a state where the fight was a tie.

During one series of final fights it happened twice in a row against an opponent who was at 30ish health with an Ice Block

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Switched to the Big DH hybrid of naga DH popularized by Makiahtime and others, dodged armor druids and went 12-0 to wrap up the legend climb

VERY strong deck, but it falls over to that god damned 3 mana gain 20 armor bullshit

### Beeg
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Burning Heart
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Oasis Outlaws
# 2x (1) Taste of Chaos
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Greedy Partner
# 2x (2) Parched Desperado
# 2x (2) Predation
# 2x (2) Quick Pick
# 2x (2) Wayward Sage
# 2x (3) Blindeye Sharpshooter
# 1x (4) Going Down Swinging
# 2x (6) Felscale Evoker
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
#
AAECAfWOBQL+vwT3wwUOgIUEiLIEmLoE+b8EpeIEkKUFsvUF4fgFkIMGhpAGiZAGjZAG6Z4G7p4GAAA=
#

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

bravesword posted:

People are whining about Pendant, but I honestly think it’ll be a perfectly fair card once Naga Giant and Crypt Keeper rotate, so I hope they don’t nerf it. It’s not even close to being the problem card in Druid. (I’d start by nuking Dew Process.)

You’re right, 3 mana tutor (compared to Draw) plus gain up to 10 armour is definitely comparable to the equivalent options.

(No it isn’t lol, it's clearly better - Not hugely, but it is better. Stick it in the one class that ramps though, and it's amplified.)

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jan 27, 2024

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I mean, cards are allowed to be good. Compare to Igneous Lavagorger, a card that’s definitely good enough to see play, but isn’t wrecking any formats. Or even Ferocious Howl, which is basically the same card and was perfectly fine in a weaker format.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Sure. Just maybe 'whining' was stronger than it needed to be, eh?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Broke Diamond for the first time with Chernabog's Mechxcavate deck, feels good.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Broke Diamond for the first time with Chernabog's Mechxcavate deck, feels good.

can you post the list as well please

edit: I even tried searching for this chernabog fellow's twitter, but apparently it's just full of NFT spam.

edit: sorry I'm dumb, I thought he was some streamer or something, didn't realize it's a goon list

Oenis fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 27, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Oenis posted:

can you post the list as well please

edit: I even tried searching for this chernabog fellow's twitter, but apparently it's just full of NFT spam.

it's at the top of the page here

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I've won most of the games through Platinum with a juiced-up Mechanical Hand magnetizing to any available mech, then Shroomscavating for windfury. I forgot how much I loved handbuff decks.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is the welcome back pack worth it?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DrManiac posted:

Is the welcome back pack worth it?

Is that the free deck or is it a bundle you pay for?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I miss Classic (I miss daggering on t2 and deciding whether to attack or not), when is the new Twist format coming?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

should be up soon as it's february

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Thursday.

I’d expect Standard balance changes on that day too

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Did something change in Battleground ratings? The past 4 or 5 seasons, I rocked to the 6k tier and ended up mid-7/low-8k at the end of the season.

This season, I had to grind through the 5k tier and I'm barely creeping up after 6k...

Did I get bad, everyone else got good, or were there mechanic or rating changes I don't know about?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Is that the free deck or is it a bundle you pay for?

The one you pay for. Holy hell is this game crawling with bots. I'm playing standard and 95% of my matchups are bots playing the same terrible aggro face deck.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I’m never going to climb out of the diamond five hole, but at least it’s the first time I’ve gotten diamond five. Maybe next month I’ll finally get legendary!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24046220/28-4-1-patch-notes

balance patch coming today. no buffs yet, but nerfs to:

- velarok
- shattershambler
- cactus construct
- herald of nature
- pendant of earth
- shattered reflections
- dew process
- boogie down
- garden's grace
- thaddius

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RIPBOZO druid

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Edit: Or I could just read the actual patch notes instead of guessing, nice job idiot me.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

peer posted:

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/24046220/28-4-1-patch-notes

balance patch coming today. no buffs yet, but nerfs to:

- velarok
- shattershambler
- cactus construct
- herald of nature
- pendant of earth
- shattered reflections
- dew process
- boogie down
- garden's grace
- thaddius

velarok getting straight up murdered, pendant of earth going in the trash where it belongs, and RIP dew process

also lmao how many nerfs to Thaddius is this now?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Sludge warlock skating by is interesting.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
They’ve tried three different versions of Velarok and still haven’t landed on one that feels good

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

for battlegrounds players, lubber is a tier 3 4/5 now and reckless investment/leaf through the pages have been removed to neuter that strategy, beasts have gotten a minor nerf, and some minor buffs to quilboars and a few spells

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

also lmao how many nerfs to Thaddius is this now?

this is the second change, but honestly, one could argue it's the first nerf. thaddius' original text "your <parity>-cost cards cost (1)" didn't let you stack the effect with multiple copies

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's more that they killed other cards AROUND thaddius instead of just giving him the Jailer treatment

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

accurate. it is certainly a good thing that thaddius has been taken out behind the shed and shot. pleasantly surprised they did it given he rotates in two months tops

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

lmao at pendant of earth getting completely poo poo on

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Color Printer posted:

lmao at pendant of earth getting completely poo poo on

I’m glad I got to play against the “have 30 armor on T2” thing before it disappeared but having to do like 180 damage to Druid over the course of a game is loving stupid and I hope that deck rots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

Sludge warlock skating by is interesting.

I think the reasoning is that since they're heavily nerfing paladin's only truly unfavored matchup, the paladins will be able to keep the sludge warlocks in check since it's a close matchup for the warlocks