Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Even worse, it’s the semi finals of the supercup, which has semifinals for some reason now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yeah I only became aware of the concept of supercup semi-finals very recently reading about the Spanish ones. What an awful concept. Lol Saudi Arabia and all that but I can't blame them for not wanting to see a glorified friendly semi loving final.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
How is that different from an FA cup semi-final?

e; oh LOL it's semi-finals for the charity shield, gently caress me dead

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao at the concept of charity shield semifinals, double lmao at them doing it so they could host it in saudi arabia, and triple lmao at nobody showing up

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

lmao at the concept of charity shield semifinals, double lmao at them doing it so they could host it in saudi arabia, and triple lmao at nobody showing up
but some executive at the spanish fa got a fat bonus for thinking of it, which is the true meaning of football

Shroud
May 11, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

but some executive at the spanish fa got a fat bonus for thinking of it, which is the true meaning of football

:20bux: says Pique is involved somehow.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Ali Dia

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Gigi Galli posted:

Even worse, it’s the semi finals of the supercup, which has semifinals for some reason now.

Besides money, I guess the rationale is they realized it was boring having the same two or three teams contest the super cup every single year.

The real solution to which would be something like actually enforcing FFP rules and, uh, lmao

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

is that more or less people than that used to go to Juve games at the Delle Alpi

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Oh apparently playing the final outside Italy is something that happens regularly

wikipedia posted:

Of the 35 finals played to date, the venues have been as follows:

Twenty times at the home of the Serie A winners;
Four times in China;
Three times in Saudi Arabia;
Twice in the United States;
Twice in Doha, Qatar;
Once in Tripoli, Libya;

Still, lmao at the blatant cash grab of semifinals for a pointless final

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Saudi "fans" bringing a LAZIO MERDA banner to the charity shield semi-final because Sarri had the audacity to say that such a thing was bad and fail, and there not being enough people there to actually hold it up properly

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I mean they're not wrong

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

The Turkish Super Cup match between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce was supposed to be played in SA but the SA officials said no to players wearing Ataturk shirts during warm up so both teams packed their bags and returned to Turkey at the last minute

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Butterfly Valley posted:

I mean they're not wrong

Broken clock, etc

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

UnfurledSails posted:

The Turkish Super Cup match between Galatasaray and Fenerbahce was supposed to be played in SA but the SA officials said no to players wearing Ataturk shirts during warm up so both teams packed their bags and returned to Turkey at the last minute

I’m guessing they were sent straight to the Saudi consulate

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/optajohan/status/1748781724698390673

jizz hornkamp

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

the bung piepit

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

ol jizzas got some work to do if he wants to rival the greatest substitute appearance of all time: https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/a-forensic-analysis-of-steven-gerrards-38-second-red-card-vs-man-utd

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the cantina music is called Jizz Hornkamp

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Mido being asked what he'd do if he wasn't a footballer and saying probably nothing because his family was rich

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The anti-Crouch

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Jose posted:

Mido being asked what he'd do if he wasn't a footballer and saying probably nothing because his family was rich

mido's family repeatedly asking when they get to visit middlesbrough again after he bought a house in the cleveland hills

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

javier mascherano playing for west ham and never getting picked ahead of nigel reo coker or hayden mullins

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ah yes, that totally above board, not shady at all transfer for him and Tevez where two full Argentina internationals including the reigning South American Player of the Year in Tevez signed for West loving Ham.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Ah yes, that totally above board, not shady at all transfer for him and Tevez where two full Argentina internationals including the reigning South American Player of the Year in Tevez signed for West loving Ham.
for the first few weeks of the next season some fans were chanting “we’re all on third party contracts” lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Whatever happened to Kia Joorabchian?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's a con artist advisor to a bunch of clubs. I'm sure it's all above board

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mino Raiola died, shortly thereafter posted on social media that he hadn't died and it was all nonsense, and then immediately died again for real.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Mino Raiola died, shortly thereafter posted on social media that he hadn't died and it was all nonsense, and then immediately died again for real.
dude even held up and renegotiated with death, fuckin legend

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Liverpool Sign Bent

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

His indignation and anger at this about his death made this even funnier

Content:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sticksy posted:

His indignation and anger at this about his death made this even funnier

Content:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout