Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Solomon actually trying to teach White Chain something instead of just monologuing at her is an interesting development.

Mindblast posted:

The first cycle being forgotten is interesting. Is Gog Allison from that first cycle or something. Allison realized the whole "Even if everything is going to poo poo no one can tell me not to enjoy myself" thing and I could see Gog's mindset being an extreme/warped version of this.

Depending on how this "first cycle" went I would assume it's not impossible that it's just the first cycle she personally remembers and others came before. But she's probably actually telling the truth and will shed some light on how this all started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

So gog says she took on her current form to retain her memories after to many cycles, after realising that she's lost the beginning. So... what was her form in that first cycle, when she says she knows she won?

I think it was the woman, not the Worm. That face she's been working on and finally finished is of the original woman who was consumed by the Worms and "became" them, along with giving them a Key.

Whatever her intended path in the Loop, it's probably been corrupted by there "now" being a LOT more Worms on the world she's supposed to come from and start her adventure to be the big hero.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We’re going to find out that Allison is proto-gog

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Diqnol posted:

We’re going to find out that Allison is proto-gog

Nah, worms are kind of lame and awfully phallic when you think about it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

a computing pun posted:

it was just a single worm

she gains 1 worm per cycle

At a rate of 1 worm per cycle, there is a theoretical upper limit on her cyclic memory. She'll remember the total amount of cycles later and later in the current one, until she hits a point where new cycles can't be remembered anymore due to running out of wormspace.

Though as more and more biomass gets turned into worms to function as memory, less actual stuff happens and maybe she can make do with less than a full worm per cycle. As the amount of worms approaches infinity, the actual amount of new worms needed starts approaching zero.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
can you worm the same person twice? like you worm a person once then on the next go-around you worm em again so now you got two Steves

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
A lot of the post Jagganoth sealing arc reminds me a lot of the Post-Akira awakening part of the Akira manga

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Just think, Gog has been worming people to save them from getting murdered by Zoss all along, and we condemned her for it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

pseudorandom name posted:

Nah, worms are kind of lame and awfully phallic when you think about it.

Other way around: phalli are wormy.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Pyrus Malus posted:

can you worm the same person twice? like you worm a person once then on the next go-around you worm em again so now you got two Steves

I don’t think there’s any evidence other minds are preserved in the worm-mass. She uses other people for raw material to make Gog and store Gog-memories, not to save them.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Man is the wormest place to hide

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

A lot of the post Jagganoth sealing arc reminds me a lot of the Post-Akira awakening part of the Akira manga

isn't that like 95% of it

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I imagine some timelines are like that one scene in The Good Place. Sometimes the wheel gets reset in like 5 minutes because of an accident or just a bad stat roll.

https://youtu.be/brZtP21eLrs?si=ShK0fypI-paDjRKl

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

We are currently in the timeline where Jason figured it out

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

IUG posted:

I imagine some timelines are like that one scene in The Good Place. Sometimes the wheel gets reset in like 5 minutes because of an accident or just a bad stat roll.

https://youtu.be/brZtP21eLrs?si=ShK0fypI-paDjRKl

Man that had the best season one ending of any show I can think of. An all around real good show.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
so in this analogy is Eleanor Jagganoth or Gog-Agog?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

isn't that like 95% of it

yes

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

would you still let me master the wheel even if I was a fish?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Youremother posted:

We are currently in the timeline where Jason figured it out

"Incubus mastered the wheel? Incubus? This is a real low point. Yeah, this one hurts. Ow."

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don’t think there’s any evidence other minds are preserved in the worm-mass. She uses other people for raw material to make Gog and store Gog-memories, not to save them.

Gog would remember who she worm'd though, so she might worm Steve in a different way every time to see which is the funniest or like "Ashley DIDN'T eat the worm? Girl c'mon you know Brad is cheating on you he does this EVERY TIME"

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

glitchwraith posted:

"Incubus mastered the wheel? Incubus? This is a real low point. Yeah, this one hurts. Ow."

"Yeah yeah, the Wheel, we've all seen it."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

YaketySass posted:

You put the swords in the noodle pot and mix em both up
You put the swords in the noodle pot and add the Key of Kings
You put the swords in the noodle pot and make it taste... BAD

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

"Life is a curse and existence is a prison." -Jadis, probably

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Every time I had a problem and I threw a molotov cocktail, boom! Right away, I had a different problem." -Aesma

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

"Every time I had a problem and I threw a molotov cocktail, boom! Right away, I had a different problem." -Aesma

lmao

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

"Every time I had a problem and I threw a molotov cocktail the wheel at it, boom! Right away, I had a different problem." -Aesma

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

YaketySass posted:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
oh good, I can actually post what I meant to post last time Jadis's omniscience started a derail but couldn't find.

Behold! a SFW oglaf that is exactly what everyone sounded like when they were debating the causal nature of Jadis!

https://www.oglaf.com/sooth/

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Benagain posted:

oh good, I can actually post what I meant to post last time Jadis's omniscience started a derail but couldn't find.

Behold! a SFW oglaf that is exactly what everyone sounded like when they were debating the causal nature of Jadis!

https://www.oglaf.com/sooth/

No dicks; didn't read.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Elissimpark posted:

No dicks; didn't read.

It has a thrown dagger. That's pretty phallic. And lame.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

YaketySass posted:

Solomon actually trying to teach White Chain something instead of just monologuing at her is an interesting development.

He's gonna try something he never did before, actually being a parent. I also still think he'll end up teaching White Chain the basics of CQC Ki Rata

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Solomon has already failed the most important precept of Ki Rata, he may as well fail another.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Alison already did a training arc with a has-been, I see no reason why WC can't have hers (off-screen or not)

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think the warning Gog is going to tell Allison that her new ability of "nope, I am not dead ha ha" can bite you on the rear end if you do it through a reset. At first you think you can do better the next cycle and it keeps happening, so eventually you think "gently caress it" and watch the world burn.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

She doesn’t have a new ability of refusing to die though - what we saw was the limitation and glory of the Maybe Sword, which cannot kill anyone who can deny its power to kill, who can assert their life in the face of fate.

Allison could totally die other ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Probably lung cancer