Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Son is his surname you casual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Shumagorath posted:

u fool these aren’t even my final borders

aahahahhahahahahahahaha

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
DPRK is pilaf

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Scam Likely posted:

What does the scouter say about his power level?

It's over nine dashes!

Lol

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Tomn posted:

Where and when are those clothes from exactly? I don't really recognize them offhand and something about the style suggests it might be steppe-based somehow but that's just guessing.

You can see some resemblance: https://www.delcampe.net/en_GB/collectables/postcards/mongolia/mongolia-costumes-of-myangad-mongol-hovd-province-1820780916.html

I think the layered sleeves on the man and the 80s padded shoulders on the woman are contemporary

the woman's hat is too small and is more akin to a 1930s doll hat

my hot take is that "what is traditional culture actually like now" is to see what people dress up in at weddings and funerals, as for obvious reasons the central Asia is burdened with a lot of "under communism all minorities dance" fossilization of supposed ethnic practices

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cugel the Clever posted:

Let me know if I've got this right. The US is Goku, Britain is Master Roshi, Canada is Krillin, Germany is Piccolo, Australia is Tien, New Zealand is Chiaotzu, and France is Yamcha?

iceland is mr satan

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
And Mexico is Chi-Chi! We're through the looking glass here, people.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
And Mr. Popo is <gets yanked off-stage by a big Vaudeville hook>

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Fur20 posted:

iceland is mr satan

Huh. I thought it would be freeza :dadjoke:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

international relations is cartoons

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Cactus Ghost posted:

They did this anime already

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Cactus Ghost posted:

No, that'd be silly: international relations is Sex and the City. America is such a Samantha!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Coolguye posted:

They did this anime already

i loved Girls Und Panzer

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Somehow this story is updating everyday,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCLGXk6hFLQ

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Playing the piano in public is a fundamental human right.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
didn't expect that vid to get around that much, dude looks like the missing link between british and bogan

what part of the tankie spectrum is he on?? since he's british is he just a wankie?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
He's an absolute pest if you watch his videos.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

he’s been milking this a bit much

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

He’s way up his own rear end.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
He's the Sovcit of public pianos

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Kharnifex posted:

He's the Sovcit of public pianos
I DO NOT CHOPIN

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I find it never-endingly amusing that this is basically the US and Vietnam now

From the Vietnamese perspective, the American presence in the war was a lot less notable than from the American perspective.
"It was a big war, we fought a lot of people, I can't be expected to remember all of them."

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
First half of 1980s Vietnamese foreign policy features quite a bit of "the world-system is governed by existential struggle so it's necessary that our smaller, weaker neighbours be governed by friendly governments for our security" and then China going "funny you should mention that..."

There's an alternate universe where Andropov and Gorbachev do not pursue normalization with China so aggressively and thus keep backing Vietnamese factions who wanted to maintain a high-stakes struggle

The CPV managed a remarkably quick ideological and programmatic reorientation in the space of a few years, it's actually quite surprising how adroitly it was managed

ronya fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 28, 2024

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It amazes me that pol pot decided to gently caress with Vietnam when he did but I guess he wasn't the most sane person

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

China is getting under the hood of their stock market in a big way after their CSI 300 benchmark hit a 5 year low. The government put a temporary halt to short selling and their sovereign wealth fund is actively purchasing EFTs and bank shares. HK market is also being hit hard. There's also some "informal restrictions" on selling stocks. In short the government is getting heavily involved in controlling market prices.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
psychological reactance is a human universal, but its a continual thing about cack-handed east asian governments that they dont take it into account

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Propping up stocks costs a lot and doesn't usually work unless you actually fix the problem. China likely to have to bail out a lot of people or let a lot of people go bust. Either way, nice gently caress up you could of avoided.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So much for my Emerging Markets hedge. Thanks China.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i want to see a planned stock exchange. thatd be neat to see what would make it implode first

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Cactus Ghost posted:

i want to see a planned stock exchange. thatd be neat to see what would make it implode first

isn’t that basically what bond markets are?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
and they absolutely implode a little bit less often but to like 10x the overall misery of equities

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
BRICS currency will soon resolve all these problems

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
You laugh now, but wait till my Monopoly money is the new BRICS currency.

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

Tai posted:

Propping up stocks costs a lot and doesn't usually work unless you actually fix the problem. China likely to have to bail out a lot of people or let a lot of people go bust. Either way, nice gently caress up you could of avoided.
This is pretty much my take on it.

Shorting is the ecosystem's method of controlling over-valuation. Take that away and pump more money into the system and you're only kicking the can down the road unless value and growth that supports the stock price returns to the companies' fundamentals. It could be years before this happens.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The problem is that China already has been kicking the can down the road for quite awhile now.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
China Evergrande ordered to liquidate, owing $300 bln

quote:

HONG KONG, Jan 29 (Reuters) - A Hong Kong court on Monday ordered the liquidation of property giant China Evergrande Group, dealing a fresh blow to confidence in the country's fragile property market as policymakers step up efforts to contain a deepening crisis.

Justice Linda Chan decided to liquidate the world's most indebted developer, with more than $300 billion of total liabilities, after noting Evergrande had been unable to offer a concrete restructuring plan more than two years after defaulting on its offshore debt and following several court hearings.

"It is time for the court to say enough is enough," Chan said in court on Monday.

The decision sets the stage for what is expected to be a drawn-out and complicated process with potential political considerations as investors watch whether the Chinese courts will recognise Hong Kong's ruling, given the many authorities involved. Offshore investors will be focused on how Chinese authorities treat foreign creditors when a company fails.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
uh oh

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Offshore investors will be focused on how Chinese authorities treat foreign creditors when a company fails

Did anyone else just hear the thunder of ominous foreshadowing?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Random Stranger posted:

Did anyone else just hear the thunder of ominous foreshadowing?

The emperor, far away and high in heaven
"Surely that's for someone else"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The emperor, as the Yangtze River floods again, "these mountains are very high"