Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Last time someone from psp posted there some weirdo gatekeepers who never post there either tried to keep them out. But don't worry, I will protect you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I vow upon my blood to protect the sanctity of epa by posting whiny and ineffectually at any invaders who dare enter it uninvited.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Last time someone from psp posted there some weirdo gatekeepers who never post there either tried to keep them out. But don't worry, I will protect you.

yeah it sucked!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

there are no weirdo gatekeepers in wrestling club

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

IGgy IGsen posted:

lmao what

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i had to look up the epa gatekeeper and of course it was the lovely little parasite that only shows up in here when there's drama. glad he's banned!!!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that guy rules lol. it must be so tiring to obsessively hate like that. anyways, back to the aew hell thread 🤪

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you fuckre

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

that guy rules lol. it must be so tiring to obsessively hate like that. anyways, back to the aew hell thread 🤪

the hell thread is a place of love. tough love….

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that guy you were talking about earlier stinks. im game to help beat him up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's really hosed up that all the epic re-regs came out when I was asleep and I didn't get to yell at them like you guys did.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Next time random ppl who never post here or are on obvious alts decide to show up to defend the people/company involved in one of the most stomach churning disgusting things I’ve ever read about, can we just get rid of them instead of closing the thread during one of the biggest stories in said company’s history?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

Next time random ppl who never post here or are on obvious alts decide to show up to defend the people/company involved in one of the most stomach churning disgusting things I’ve ever read about, can we just get rid of them instead of closing the thread during one of the biggest stories in said company’s history?

I agree with this.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yea ok posted:

iawtp

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

lol yeah, seriously. That was a real whiff.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

yea ok's right. Carl's a good mod, but when you quote and agree with QoP saying the problem is "the most brain dead epic rereg permaban alt guys" stirring poo poo up, the solution should be dealing with them, not a thread time-out that prevents all further discussion.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

+1

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

yea ok posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

disaster pastor posted:

yea ok's right. Carl's a good mod, but when you quote and agree with QoP saying the problem is "the most brain dead epic rereg permaban alt guys" stirring poo poo up, the solution should be dealing with them, not a thread time-out that prevents all further discussion.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

One thing that might be helpful is an announcement in conjunction with the dedicated Vince McMahon is a sex criminal thread so everyone ones what can/can't be discussed outside of that thread.

The social media threads, for obvious reasons, might be awash with stuff that's tangentially related. Somebody took a probe for mentioning OSW Review's hot take. Fair enough but I think some concrete rules would help. Likewise, a lotta discussion of Nick Hausman proudly showing up at the Rumble that's also going to veer into discussion of sex crimes given his allegations against Jericho a few weeks ago.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

yea ok posted:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

There's going to be a dedicated thread going up, and I've opened the WWE thread for now. A lot of this kicked off while I was asleep (and away from my computer proper for a week - go figure!), and a lot of proper modding I get to on my lunch break. I support Carl's decision because of how heated things were getting, but I also agree a few additional probations were needed. It's been an understandably hot issue regarding navigating it just purely because of timezones and active times. I appreciate the suggestions; it's a lot to juggle (and I'll be honest, I have a terrible nose for alts).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yea ok posted:

:agreed:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Real stupid but it’s ok

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

Real stupid but it’s ok

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Real stupid but it’s ok

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

idk i think it was fine to close for a while this forum has a tendency to spiral into bloodlust posting when unchecked

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

What happened? I was asleep.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Epic rereg guys doing epic rereg guy things

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The problem with the epic rereg guys is it takes however long it takes the admins to check if they are in fact epic rereg guys, else we get into situations like almost kicking out the dude everyone was sure was smarxist who turned out to not actually be smarxist.

There had already been some concerns raised about the thread and the various wishings of death going on in it that would normally get punished, but I didn't really want to hit anyone yesterday because a) gently caress Vince McMahon and b) I think we communally needed time to be furious, but yeah, I don't think a night off was a bad idea. The biggest story in wrestling isn't going away in 8 hours.

(Still waiting on rereg check results.)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think if your first notable participation in the sub forum is trying to downplay heinous crimes and do whataboutism or whatever those dorks were doing, it doesn’t really matter if they’re epic rereg guys, they’re not here with good intentions.

i don’t think anyone will be mad if we accidentally run off someone who wasn’t a massive dickhead rereg but instead was simply a massive dickhead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If youre posting so badly people assume youre smarxist even if you arent you should still probably be shown the door

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

If youre posting so badly people assume youre smarxist even if you arent you should still probably be shown the door

yeah lol

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

CarlCX posted:

The problem with the epic rereg guys is it takes however long it takes the admins to check if they are in fact epic rereg guys, else we get into situations like almost kicking out the dude everyone was sure was smarxist who turned out to not actually be smarxist.

You could have just probed them for posting like poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I sincerely believe we should be allowed to wish death on the men at the top of WWE whenever we want without repercussion.

Not joking.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

I sincerely believe we should be allowed to wish death on the men at the top of WWE whenever we want without repercussion.

Not joking.

100000000%. They’re all trash and deserve to be treated and thought of and written about as such.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Honestly, personally, I agree. I think at a certain point of inflicting evil on the world it becomes incredibly understandable.

But I am not the owner of SA and I do not deal with the legal liabilities of SA, and having seen the crap that goes on for the guy who does: I get it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I think its good to probate or, heck, even ban clearly dogshit posters

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's really boring to read but no moral objections. But God drat are the death threats boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I like to spice them up by describing a cartoonish way for them to die like getting caught in a big bean sorting machine and becoming canned beans. Not my best but just an example