Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

he seems like he has his head on straight

Is his second opinion saga like the classic prank where you label three greased up pigs 1, 2, and 4 and let them loose on a high school? Or was the third second opinion book inside me all along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Catastrophe posted:

You know, doctor... I'm just not quite sure about all that.

Well, if you're already dying from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, why not take up smoking?

Also lol at fighting malaria. I envision like a Wario C. Everett Koop (C. Everett Kook?) muttering through Panama with a fly swatter and can of Raid.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Free Man? of the Land? RAW MILK??? Of course he's a loving sovcit.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghostlight posted:

I like Hydrogen Peroxide Medical Miracle.

Amazon blurb:

quote:

Peroxides are supposed to be bad for you. Free radicals and all that. But now we hear that hydrogen peroxide is good for us. Hydrogen peroxide will put extra oxygen in your blood. There's no doubt about that. Hydrogen peroxide costs pennies. If you can get oxygen into the blood cheaply and safely, maybe cancer (which doesn't like oxygen), emphysema, AIDS, and many other terrible diseases can be treated effectively.

Intravenous hydrogen peroxide rapidly relieves allergic reactions, influenza symptoms, and acute viral infections. No one expects to live forever. When using H2O2, noted sensitivity to pollen and food allergens clinically improved. Improvement in allergic bronchitis, asthma, and chronic sinusitis. Discover how this miraculous healing agent works, and why the medical establishment wants to suppress it. No other chemical compound comes even close to hydrogen peroxide in its importance to life. Join Dr. Douglass as he reveals how this fascinating healer works to rid the body of disease.

So powerful that these days THEY tell you not even to use it on cuts anymore. Probably afraid your blood will get oxygenated and you'll realize Big Pharma's lies. Inject that poo poo right into your veins.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

seems like good way to go out like a tick on an especially bad day

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

This is what happens to all big boys sooner or later

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Facebook Aunt posted:

<crazy hydrogen peroxide man's claims>

Holy smokes do not pump hydrogen peroxide into your blood intravenously

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

seems fine to me :dumb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFOT2-431tM

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

What's scarier is if they mean actual hydrogen peroxide and not the hydrogen peroxide solution you get at the store. That store stuff is 3% hydrogen peroxide and 97% water. Concentrated though, it's caustic and dangerous as all get-out. No touchy.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

it’s all good i got the food grade kind

Enoch Root
Aug 28, 2007

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Reminds me of an “inspirational” quote I saw at work once by (I think?) Vince Lombardi to teach people better time management.

Hey, kiss my rear end and go suck a gently caress, Vince Lombardi. Some Boomer rear end time management.

I actually had a "discussion" with my foreman recently about this.

I work in construction as a union member and our CBA states that we have to be at our work location at 1400 (I work evening shift) filling out our safety paperwork exactly at that time.

Now normally this isn't an issue: get on-site, go to your work area, start writing. But I am working on a new 40 storey tower and of course my work area is on the top floor. Again, normally not an issue since the site has an exterior construction elevator (we call it a 'skip') that will take you where you need to go.

However I work in Canada, where at this time of year it tends to get a wee bit cold. We recently had a spell of -45C weather. The skip cannot operate below -20C. So I show up on the main floor to sign in at 1355 where my foreman reminds me that I have to be at my work location (on level 40) at 1400 or I'm technically "late".

I pretty much told him that if I'm expected to WALK up a 40 storey tower with all of my poo poo I am drat well going to get paid for it.

Thankfully he just laughed and said "That's fair" but it still irked me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I encourage more insane hacks to peddle dangerous medical advice to libertarians and magas

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TrashMammal posted:

it’s all good i got the food grade kind

Food grade? Are you a cuck to the nanny state? Food grade means they took away all the important nutrients and energies to keep you down!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

steinrokkan posted:

I encourage more insane hacks to peddle dangerous medical advice to libertarians and magas

generally speaking, i'd imagine it would be better to have an actual education system that improves everyone's situation instead of a malfunctioning shitshow that produces uh, the society we have now
super effectively produces this society
almost like it ain't malfunctioning :thunk:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
As much as we believe that darwinism will weed these people out, there is also the slight chance that darwinism will create a highly adapted hydrogen peroxide drinking mutant race.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
wasn't there some other guy who was big into this concept of... what would you even call it? this application of evolutionary concepts to society itself? perhaps social darwinism?

nevertheless, 50% hydrogen peroxide is for babies. Real heroes go all the way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhEYaovWxl4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

TrashMammal posted:

in the fifth grade we were learning some basic anatomy stuff. the teacher proudly declared to the class that deoxygenated blood was blue, like a smurf. having more or less grown up in a doctor’s office i knew that this was incorrect so i politely informed the teacher that she was wrong and explained how it really works. she flipped her poo poo, then at her insistence the school sent me to be tested to see if i should be in special ed

i had never scored less than a 98 on a test in my entire school career up until then; i was in the gifted program (well, what counted as a gifted program in that godawful part of the south at that time); and the school just listened to her

What the hell

Deoxynated blood is blue, everybody knows this. The red colour comes from oxygen, which bonds with hemoglobin (which by itself is smurf blue, obviously).

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

*quietly closes link and scrubs youtube history*

Nenonen posted:

What the hell

Deoxynated blood is blue, everybody knows this. The red colour comes from oxygen, which bonds with hemoglobin (which by itself is smurf blue, obviously).

Rough way for TrashMammal to discover they did, in fact, belong in special ed

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Maybe you are misreading it and OP was in fact arguing that smurfs weren't blue (unlike venous blood, which is blue, as everybody knows)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Catastrophe posted:

I had something somewhat similar happen. I had a paper due for a class in 11th grade by a particular date. I handed it in to the (long-term substitute) teacher on that date before the end of the school day. He told me that, despite it being handed in by the due date, it wasn't handed in before the end of MY particular class time that day so he flunked me in that class for the entire school year because of it. Simultaneously, I was having clashes with my AP Chemistry teacher so I filed with the school to transfer to another science teacher. They approved. The next day, I went into her class after the school had given her the transfer paperwork. She called me up in front of the class, started screaming at me for trying to get out of her classroom, ordered me out of the room, and also flunked me for the entire year because of it. My parents, absolutely livid, called a meeting with the principal and other school admin members and let loose on them about their incompetent, vengeful, immature piece of poo poo teachers. The school said they "have to stand behind the teachers' decisions" so my parents said ok then we're pulling him out of your dumbass school run by vindictive, pussy-rear end imbeciles.

gently caress that place and gently caress those teachers. I still can't believe the school stood behind my science teacher flunking me for the year because she was pissed off that I got approved to transfer to another science classroom.

Maybe you had bad vibes.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Deoxygenated blood isn't blue. It's a less intense red that, when observed though the dual diffusing layers of veins and skin, makes the veins appear blue. The distinction probably muddled the elementary level lesson which is why the teacher didn't pause the lesson to give OP a special cookie for gifted kids.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Smurfs are only blue when they are deoxygenated

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

steinrokkan posted:

These folks can have children who would be subjected to medical quackery as well unfortunately

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

Smurfs are only blue when they are deoxygenated

They turn black when they get their rear end eaten.

(I think later editions change black to purple.)

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I remember this episode of the 80s cartoon and they were purple, yes

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

steinrokkan posted:

Food grade? Are you a cuck to the nanny state? Food grade means they took away all the important nutrients and energies to keep you down!

drinking only unpasteurized raw peroxide to own the libs

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

TrashMammal posted:

in the fifth grade we were learning some basic anatomy stuff. the teacher proudly declared to the class that deoxygenated blood was blue, like a smurf.

I was at an aquarium with a jelly exhibit,and a teacher had a bunch of maybe second graders with her. She said very loudly "Remember, class, jellyfish aren't fish. They're plants."

:rolleyes:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Deoxygenated blood isn't blue. It's a less intense red that, when observed though the dual diffusing layers of veins and skin, makes the veins appear blue. The distinction probably muddled the elementary level lesson which is why the teacher didn't pause the lesson to give OP a special cookie for gifted kids.

No, that’s dumb and you’re wrong. Why are nobles called bluebloods then? It’s because they don’t need oxygen in their blood to live. They’re technically a different species and that’s why they have a divine mandate to rule over the rest of us. God doesn’t make mistakes and it’s just part of the natural order of things for our superiors to have lots of money and luxury as thanks for taking care of us

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MrUnderbridge posted:

I was at an aquarium with a jelly exhibit,and a teacher had a bunch of maybe second graders with her. She said very loudly "Remember, class, jellyfish aren't fish. They're plants."

:rolleyes:

Maybe she taught them wrong as a joke

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Checkmate, hemoglobinailures :smug:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This is a pretty light curse but this TV placement stopped me in my tracks.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lol, one situation where putting the TV above the drat fireplace would actually have been the much better option

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Both far too small for the room and ridiculously placed, this is significantly cursed.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inzombiac posted:

Nice room. Set up for 2 people to sit and watch tv together as far apart as possible.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nice room. Set up for 2 people to sit and watch tv together as far apart as possible.

Yes, an anger dome!

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

to be fair, the wide angle lens makes that look way more cursed than it probably is

TV is still in a cursed location anyway

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

brb, gonna watch a movie

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Inzombiac posted:

TV placement like that in the waiting room when you're getting your car repaired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Nenonen posted:

What the hell

sorry that you had to find out this way, but you’re dumb as hell