Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The example quests they give are "do a legend lost sector" and "do a dungeon", and while those are wildly different time commitments, they shouldn't be out of reach of anyone with a decent character and LFG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They say the goals are specifically in the Dreaming City, which means the Dungeon is Shattered Throne and that's basically about as hard as a normal mode exotic mission for a solo player and about as hard as a hero nightfall for a 3-man team.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One way or another everyone’s getting Wish-Ender

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

One way or another everyone’s getting Wish-Ender

:hai:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

A rare resource (ascendant shard or alloy, lost or dawning memento, exotic cipher)

Thank God

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Legend lost sector as a team would be a lot quicker, I've only ever done a few of them solo for the exotic.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Oh my god I had a wonderful fire team for master Warlord’s and they had to drop on final encounter and now I’m trapped in LFG with the squishiest hunters known to man running weird bullshit.

This is so much less frustrating of a master than ghosts than ghosts though. First two encounters aren’t much worse and the boss is fine if you find people who don’t try to park at the literal front of every platform.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
the evil wizard stuff looked so bad and still won so i'm starting to think the people who play destiny (including me) want every bad decision bungie makes

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

muike posted:

the evil wizard stuff looked so bad and still won so i'm starting to think the people who play destiny (including me) want every bad decision bungie makes

titans are the only smart destiny players

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

:hmmyes:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope you actually get to pick that rare resource or red border weapon instead of it being random btw

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Kith posted:

:hmmyes:

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope you actually get to pick that rare resource or red border weapon instead of it being random btw

Not only will it be rng there will be a bug they causes you to never get red bordered guns. It will not be fixed until a week before TFS drops.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kith posted:

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

mods?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah that's a decent picture of the mods

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhwaAEZlMyk

These seem like insanely valuable tips, particularly the Sparrow section.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

if you cant choose your red box it would sink the entire thing

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

And so that's what it shall be.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

I know it's Bungie and all but the article literally says "Choose a red-border Last Wish raid weapon."

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I want/need the Apex Predator :hmmyes:.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ptroll posted:

I know it's Bungie and all but the article literally says "Choose a red-border Last Wish raid weapon."

It also says you choose from one of three categories, so it's still a bit unclear (to me, at least) whether you are choosing a last wish weapon from the list of last wish weapons, or you are choosing a random last wish weapon from the list of a random ast wish weapon, a Y6 exotic armor, or some rare mats

Guess we find out on Tuesday but they've got to know that if it's the former everyone in the know will just pick Apex Predator 1-5 times and then spend the last quest on whatever

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Not me, I just want a Nation of Beasts or Tyranny of Heaven. Both such beautiful guns.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Funnily enough, I already have the Apex Predator pattern even though I've never done the raid, just from getting lucky farming that secret chest near Shuro Chi (got 3 red borders naturally and then used harmonizers to get the last two). Might go for Age-Old Bond next, since it's been doing well for my void warlock and then I can get Repulsor+Destabilizing on it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Techeun Force is still the only arc fusion with controlled burst, I believe. Useful to have.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Halibut Barn posted:

Funnily enough, I already have the Apex Predator pattern even though I've never done the raid, just from getting lucky farming that secret chest near Shuro Chi (got 3 red borders naturally and then used harmonizers to get the last two). Might go for Age-Old Bond next, since it's been doing well for my void warlock and then I can get Repulsor+Destabilizing on it.

Not sure if you have a hunter but for anyone who does, that roll puts in the work on a Gyrfalcon’s build

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Why would you need Destabilizing Rounds with Gyrfalcon? Wouldn't you want Tricorn or Collective Action or something at that point?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My probably unpopular opinion is that Destabilizing Rounds + Repulsor Brace is not actually a good combo for a legendary Primary weapon

Killing 1 enemy doesn't proc anything from either skill, and the radius from Destabilizing is really small, so you often won't get any benefit

It's primarily good against large groups of low health mobs, and there are a lot of 'on kill' perks that do more, with only 1 perk slot (and other weapon types + abilities are usually better for trash clear)

Really though I think both perks just need a buff to let them produce a benefit more consistently. They're really interesting, flavorful perks but they are too conditional for their level of power.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

MJeff posted:

Why would you need Destabilizing Rounds with Gyrfalcon? Wouldn't you want Tricorn or Collective Action or something at that point?

I do it sometimes because I am not a very good hunter, but it does make starting your loop alot easier. Strictly speaking, you are correct you want repulsor and preferably a damage perk on whatever you're doing gyrfalcon things with.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

My probably unpopular opinion is that Destabilizing Rounds + Repulsor Brace is not actually a good combo for a legendary Primary weapon

Killing 1 enemy doesn't proc anything from either skill, and the radius from Destabilizing is really small, so you often won't get any benefit

It's primarily good against large groups of low health mobs, and there are a lot of 'on kill' perks that do more, with only 1 perk slot (and other weapon types + abilities are usually better for trash clear)

Really though I think both perks just need a buff to let them produce a benefit more consistently. They're really interesting, flavorful perks but they are too conditional for their level of power.

They are not good perks for a legendary primary , this is actually a good and correct opinion imo

. I don't think both perks need a buff, they're incredibly synergistic and should have a trade off. That trade off is that the gun hits luck a fuckin wet noodle if you run both of em together. It's a little less egregious on say Word of Crota because the HC buff but I think its a fine trade off to make, if you want to be super synergistic and have this overshield loop contains to your gun. You can offset it by running surges which reduces the utility of your boot, trading ability regen and ammo pick ups to make the gun the core focus of the build.

I don't think both perks work well in hard content bc stuff is hard to kill and sometimes volatile will fall off. its very fun in normal stuff tho.

It's much better to run anything with repulsor....and you can even back into more utility leveraging the finishers make things volatile and finishers give special ammo to stay on something like hollowed denial, the trace rifle. there's also better guns with just repulsor on them, like Unforgiven/commemoration/the title.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Halibut Barn posted:

Wait you don't need to run and complete the raid beforehand to get the secret chests to drop red borders?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

neutral milf hotel posted:

Wait you don't need to run and complete the raid beforehand to get the secret chests to drop red borders?

Not for the Shuro Chi chest, no. It drops everything except the ship, sparrow, ghost, and 1kV.

eta: Smallpox got a red frame in party with me and I don’t think he’s ever cleared the raid?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

neutral milf hotel posted:

Last Wish is the exception to the rule — its secret chests can drop all armor, weapons, and mods. The only unique drops to bosses are curated rolls (which no longer matter, now that all the weapons are craftable), cosmetics, and 1KV.

All bosses can drop all red-borders as well; you can get a complete set of recipes by just rapidly farming Kalli for a few hours on any week where LW is the rotating raid.

(Even if you didn’t care about LW weapons, you should farm secret chests weekly until you’ve gotten the Taken Spec mod.)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
nation of beasts with dragonfly and voltshot is pretty funny and i don't even like hand cannons.

the apex predator crafted roll everyone wants is impact casing/reconstruction/bait and switch, right? does that combo benefit from enhanced perks? i have one that coincidentally rolled it, so if there's no point to getting the crafting recipe for it i'll probably just finish supremacy instead or something.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Reiterpallasch posted:

the apex predator crafted roll everyone wants is impact casing/reconstruction/bait and switch, right? does that combo benefit from enhanced perks? i have one that coincidentally rolled it, so if there's no point to getting the crafting recipe for it i'll probably just finish supremacy instead or something.
Enhanced RC works a little faster, enhanced B&S lasts a little longer.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
You need enhanced recon to make your swapping work smoother if you're ever in a space you're going to unironically need to izzy swap or something but I wouldn't waste the mats if you aren't regularly doing master raids or in a contest group

You'll get mileage out of it layering in your second weapon to your rotation.

I also think bns is overkill for most of the game tbh but i guess with some light locked 3 man content it's optimal but like....alot of that stuff has surges so I honestly prefer recon/bipod in any activity w surges/ Champs bc I can't be assed to get off a bns rotation for anything less than a Lowman or contest / master raid boss.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Waroduce posted:

You need enhanced recon to make your swapping work smoother if you're ever in a space you're going to unironically need to izzy swap or something but I wouldn't waste the mats if you aren't regularly doing master raids or in a contest group

You'll get mileage out of it layering in your second weapon to your rotation.

I also think bns is overkill for most of the game tbh but i guess with some light locked 3 man content it's optimal but like....alot of that stuff has surges so I honestly prefer recon/bipod in any activity w surges/ Champs bc I can't be assed to get off a bns rotation for anything less than a Lowman or contest / master raid boss.

Lmao it's shoot things with your guns to activate, it's ridiculously free for 35%

But yeah it's so good if you don't have Apex you should use your wishes on it. I think it may even be worthwhile having two crafted rolls because Bipod goes so hard on champs this season.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I actually went with Enhanced Recon + Enhanced Bipod for my Apex and it's surprisingly good and fun. Rapidly popping a boss with 4 rockets to the face never gets old :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's really hosed up that Voltshot can stun overloads but Destabilizing Rounds can't break barriers.

I understand Volatile Rounds are really strong and Bungie wants to be careful how easily they give them to us, but Destabilizing is just depressing.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Why don't load outs swap out artifact mods and other UI experiences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
okay thread I want some goon opinions: I am an idiot and love sidearms. what sidearms should I be farming, or is the witch queen one a solid choice? (it is my current sidearm).

e: for clarity I'm talking empirical evidence, which is pretty good but it's no trespasser or cryosthesia or anything.

doomfunk fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 28, 2024