Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Catastrophe posted:

Trump should have chosen an attorney with a solid track record of winning high-profile, difficult cases instead of someone he simply likes to look at but there is a 0% chance that that old dummy has learned that lesson at all.

A good attorney probably wouldn't let Trump do or say anything he wants, so he can't have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

do anyone think habba even knows how bad this is going? she has like zero experience with jury trials or any trials really, no?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

lol pissbaby got mad and left

Holy poo poo the ultra-rare RL ragequit

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuckin :lol:

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

A terrible client like Trump would have to pay good attorneys up front, and even that might not be worth it

Also he smells and you would have to smell it

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I hate how the primaries work, by the time it gets to PA it's pretty much over and I have never got to pick who I wanted. Why don't they just do it all on the same damned day?

The conventional reasoning is that it allows lesser known candidates with smaller campaigns to have a chance, by letting them focus on a few states at a time. If it was an all-at-once affair, the only people who could reasonably win are ones with a ton of funding to run a 50-state campaign, or people with the most name recognition, so you'd end up with things like a reality TV star and criminal real estate mogul sweeping the nomination despite having no real qualifications.

For various reasons I've found this argument less and less convincing over the last few election cycles.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Closing arguments done, judge is instructing jury

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Frank Frank posted:

I wish his heart would ragequit from the rest of his body.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay I say 2 hours of deliberation then jury comes back and I think punitive is not going to be more than 50 million

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

do anyone think habba even knows how bad this is going? she has like zero experience with jury trials or any trials really, no?

They probably do but don't care since their chances of winning were poor from the get go.

I think at this point they're trying to drum up more cash from the MAGAots to donate via wing nut welfare so this is all just red meat fodder for them.

Trump seems to be able to get 10's of millions from his faithful when he does his donation drives so its not impossible for him to get enough money to blow off a ~$100 million judgement* against him by the end of the year.

The only good news about that scenario is that it'll suck up funds that the GOP desperately needs to run the campaigns for its party members. Not that Trump gives a crap about that.

*this is just a example, I have no idea what amount the jury would require him to pay and at this point its entirely possible the jury doesn't even really know either. The jury could easily decide to do a ~$10 million judgement against him or go the other way and do ~$1 billion.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Wow, can't believe the court isn't letting Donal speak his truth, I thought this was America!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Frank Frank posted:

A DT-RL time. Me and Donald Trump. Me and loving Donald Trump. That's loving right, I skipped out on my trial, I am a loving legend.

You see that clutchness??

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

It’s all bullshit based around an out of court talking point of “those liberals wouldn’t even let us speak in court!” combined with an outside chance at tainting the jury enough to win the trial.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

The over/under for how long it takes Trump to defame her after the verdict is announced is 90 minutes. Place your bets

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I imagine they will break for lunch soon just btw

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

The over/under for how long it takes Trump to defame her after the verdict is announced is 90 minutes. Place your bets

Under he’ll do it the instant a microphone is placed in front of his anusmouth

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Under, I say he defames her on the courtroom steps if he is interviewed by the media.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

under, way loving under. I'd take the under of 1/10th of that under.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

under

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Real cool that you can just sit there and say whatever poo poo you want to the jury as long as you can talk over the constant “objection! Sustained!” comments in the background.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Trump meets his archenemy - the slightest amount of self control.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

$45 million, he is #45 after all. Let's remind of him of his guilt

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

How much money WILL it take to make Dernald J. Trump shut up?!

the world may never know

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 26, 2024

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

It’s all bullshit based around an out of court talking point of “those liberals wouldn’t even let us speak in court!” combined with an outside chance at tainting the jury enough to win the trial.

They can’t “win the trial”. The trial to find Trump liable already happened, and he was found liable. That’s a matter of settled law, as the judge keeps reminding the jury.

This is just to determine how big the damages are.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

$250 million maybe would shut him up I think, probably anything over 9 figures

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
This jury does not want this to go through the weekend. They are totally going to reach an amount this afternoon.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MrMojok posted:

How much money WILL it take to make Dernald J. Trump shut up?!

only death will shut him up.

I'm not even 100% sure of that even.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Subjunctive posted:

They can’t “win the trial”. The trial to find Trump liable already happened, and he was found liable. That’s a matter of settled law, as the judge keeps reminding the jury.

This is just to determine how big the damages are.

They taint enough jurors they end up with an extremely small settlement.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Make it 10 million per overruled objection.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

big nipples big life posted:

chatgpt trained on all drimpf posts

it basically becomes a really angry seinfeld bot

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Trump's betting the farm on either winning the presidency or leading a successful insurrection in November. Until then, I don't think there's any amount of money that will make him shut up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

they're going to do AI generated holographic Trump rallies after he dies.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The day Trump dies I will be texting multiple people “he finally shut the gently caress up”

PC LOAD LETTER
May 23, 2005
WTF?!

Toxic Mental posted:

$250 million maybe would shut him up I think, probably anything over 9 figures

I don't think even $250 million would do it unless he was so heavily over leveraged and cash poor that it caused him to sell off nearly everything (including the FL estate) and change his lifestyle drastically.

It needs to be huge enough to do that to really make him shut up I think and I don't know what his finances really are.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Stoatbringer posted:

Make it 10 million per overruled objection.

the trillion dollar coin would need to be minted for this

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

They could take every dollar he has and will ever have and he will still never shut the gently caress up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I can’t loving wait till all the criminal trials start, these civil suites are tasty and all but the main course is gonna be fire :allears:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

BigglesSWE posted:

I can’t loving wait till all the criminal trials start, these civil suites are tasty and all but the main course is gonna be fire :allears:

Yeah if this is the sneak peek the criminal trials are going to be insane.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

I’m gonna take the long odds here and say over. He’s gonna say “it’s a disgrace and a terrible thing but I won’t talk about it now” and he’ll be quiet tonight but at like four in the morning tomorrow we’ll get a string of tweets attacking like the FBI agents on Mueller’s team or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

poisonpill posted:

I’m gonna take the long odds here and say over. He’s gonna say “it’s a disgrace and a terrible thing but I won’t talk about it now” and he’ll be quiet tonight but at like four in the morning tomorrow we’ll get a string of tweets attacking like the FBI agents on Mueller’s team or something

That implies he thinks about anything but his own chapped rear end. He's gonna talk about it for sure.