Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

elime anning posted:

yeah I remember being so bummed when the giants were close to hiring rhule and then tepper offered him a mega contract before they could even meet with him. oh well, at least they got some guy named joe judge? hopefully that works out for all parties involved

I was mad about that too, funniest part is the Giants still somehow ended up in a better place than Carolina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I know what the answer is going to be, but that evero isn't getting more looks despite putting up incredible defensive performances on lovely teams run by historically awful head coaching performances is laughable.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Meh. Moore is overrated but there's not a lot of good options out there.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1750897876874461551?t=dyZ3eCqvQ1aSBBCKCdF0yg&s=19

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Pontius Pilate posted:

He might be alright as a DC, nobody has prime Aaron Donald, but he still may be okay idk

He runs the same scheme as Football Terrorist Barry and both co-mentored each other. It’s so over.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1750884819100156084

Amazing that anyone on the offensive side of last year's panthers has gotten interviews, but I guess the McVay touch is still carrying them through

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1750707230725341572?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Oh yeah baby both the gm and head coach, and possibly a cap guy, all individually reporting. Gonna go great.

Something tells me I wouldn't worry about the length of the deal in any way of course. But it doesn't count against the cap and Tepper has a whole lot of money to blow so it's not hurting him other than his ego.

His ego is probably the most important thing going on here of course, but that doesn't matter with the contract.

It does sound like a mess of a way to run an organization.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

That’s So Snyder

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

https://x.com/josephperson/status/1750707230725341572?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Oh yeah baby both the gm and head coach, and possibly a cap guy, all individually reporting. Gonna go great.

lol this is the Packers model (implemented because McCarthy refused to give up authority when Gutekunst was brought in to replace Thompson). LaFleur, Gutekunst, and Russ Ball (cap guy) all report individually to Mark Murphy.

I'm not really a fan of it and I think it's partially led to LaFleur keeping Barry too long because Gutekunst can't tell him to cut bait on the underperforming coach.

Speaking of underperforming... I don't see why you'd go from Barry to Staley. It's the same scheme! I don't think running the scheme 10% better is gonna see any meaningful improvements. I know Staley was very favorably viewed as a coordinator but I think a huge part of that was Donald.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dan Quinn would be such a lame hire :(

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol this is the Packers model (implemented because McCarthy refused to give up authority when Gutekunst was brought in to replace Thompson). LaFleur, Gutekunst, and Russ Ball (cap guy) all report individually to Mark Murphy.

I'm not really a fan of it and I think it's partially led to LaFleur keeping Barry too long because Gutekunst can't tell him to cut bait on the underperforming coach.

Speaking of underperforming... I don't see why you'd go from Barry to Staley. It's the same scheme! I don't think running the scheme 10% better is gonna see any meaningful improvements. I know Staley was very favorably viewed as a coordinator but I think a huge part of that was Donald.

Staley had Aaron Donald, Prime Jalen Ramsey, and Prime Von Miller. Of course, he was gonna cook. I want Leonhard or Evero.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nosre posted:

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1750884819100156084

Amazing that anyone on the offensive side of last year's panthers has gotten interviews, but I guess the McVay touch is still carrying them through

To be fair, look at the offenses of the teams interviewing him. Having the Panthers offense may arguably be an upgrade for New England.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Steelers should hire Kliff Kingsbury. The Air Raid would be deadly with Diontae Johnson and George Pickens.

Also, this:

https://x.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1750207308250984678?s=20

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nothing wrong with the scheme. Like I would be over the moon if the Packers got Evero and he runs the same scheme. The difference is Evero is actually a dynamic playcaller while Barry was exceedingly predictable and stubborn.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

The Steelers should hire Kliff Kingsbury. The Air Raid would be deadly with Diontae Johnson and George Pickens.

Also, this:

I'd rather hire a more efficient worker who can get their job done without killing themselves.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Also, this:

The Adam Gase method. NFL people are really impressed with guys who suck poo poo at their job as long as they put in insane hours.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sleeping in the office for months devising an offensive gameplan that is inferior to Kyler Murray just winging it the entire time

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1750924850820947982?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Sleeping in the office for months devising an offensive gameplan that is inferior to Kyler Murray just winging it the entire time

Dude's been hanging out in Pattaya

He's tanned, rested, ready, and has completed a course of antibiotics.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I would once again like to express my enjoyment of the thread title lolol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

really queer Christmas posted:

I know what the answer is going to be, but that evero isn't getting more looks despite putting up incredible defensive performances on lovely teams run by historically awful head coaching performances is laughable.

1000% agree, but also I hope he stays with Carolina. He was the sole bright spot on the coaching staff this season, and considering how banged up we were defensively, we still were one of the better units in the league.

As bad as the season was, things would have looked ten times worse for Carolina without him

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

sexy tiger boobs posted:

I'd rather hire a more efficient worker who can get their job done without killing themselves.

We were having this chat on the PFF discord, Bruce Arians won a Superbowl while insisting his staff actually go to poo poo like their kids recitals instead of working like madmen and Bud Grant coached the Vikings successfully for years just working a 9 to 6

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

sexy tiger boobs posted:

if I lived in that monstrosity of a house he was shown working the draft from, I'd spend all my time at the practice facility too

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What do you mean more looks? The Panthers were denying the requests from other teams to interview him for open DC jobs. He is clearly in demand.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 26, 2024

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Also, this:

Yes. The Steelers should hire Kliff. What's holding that team back is not having Air Raid Gase making GBS threads up your scheme and beginning a series of palace intrigues to keep his job.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What do you mean more looks? The Panthers were denying the requests from other teams to interview him for open DC jobs. He is clearly in demand.

Can't deny him from being interviewed for head coaching gigs.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Working on building a bad offense

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/cmsinclar/status/1750909696578408835?t=o2C-jzPt68RIWAO9QrY-Ww&s=19

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1750921841613340821?s=46&t=4v69OlVJpK1h7pgGOGqqoA

Multiple teams looking at Staley now.

Yadda yadda due diligence and all that, but the Fangio scheme is really dependent I on playcalling, more than other defenses. You’re basically showing as neutral a defense as possible and then really trying to trick them after the snap which really puts a lot of the burden on the rock-paper-scissors element of a guy calling the right play at the right time.

I don’t fully want to indict a guy for bad unit performance when he’s a head coach rather than a dedicated coordinator, but ehhh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MikeCrotch posted:

We were having this chat on the PFF discord, Bruce Arians won a Superbowl while insisting his staff actually go to poo poo like their kids recitals instead of working like madmen and Bud Grant coached the Vikings successfully for years just working a 9 to 6

The kind of coaches that grind like that are the ones who think their precious schemes win games and not players. It's a perfect circle venn diagram of the head coaches who repeat the mantra about not executing the gameplan after every loss.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1750921841613340821?s=46&t=4v69OlVJpK1h7pgGOGqqoA

Multiple teams looking at Staley now.

Yadda yadda due diligence and all that, but the Fangio scheme is really dependent I on playcalling, more than other defenses. You’re basically showing as neutral a defense as possible and then really trying to trick them after the snap which really puts a lot of the burden on the rock-paper-scissors element of a guy calling the right play at the right time.

I don’t fully want to indict a guy for bad unit performance when he’s a head coach rather than a dedicated coordinator, but ehhh

Fangio feels like basically the only one who can pull it off and all the others are pale imitations. The Belichick of defensive coordinating

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can't deny him from being interviewed for head coaching gigs.
Oh right, yeah good point.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm sure he and Harbaugh will mesh well with the Chargers "doctors".

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If Bill didn't get a job this cycle, I dunno why he would next time unless he gets some humility and doesn't demand to be the GM or Jerry Jones goes crazy.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

if I lived in that monstrosity of a house he was shown working the draft from, I'd spend all my time at the practice facility too

The cardinals have provided a lot of recent and historic hilarity despite being a franchise no one cares about, spoken as a chargers fan (and hey it’s looking up for you cardinals fans!), but Kliff talking about his gaudy lion painting because he was a leo on hard knocks slayed me

My favorite under appreciated recent cardinals moment was when Kliff and Kyler were having a thing in the preseason and Kliff was like “you think it’s so easy to call plays?! gently caress you try it” and Kyler called like three plays to march them down the field and score a td. Preseason obv but lol

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 26, 2024

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Also, this:

personally I would hire a dude who was good enough at his job that he did not need to work 19 hour days to get it done

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kliff would need to work 25 hours a day to develop a good offense.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1750966374577451387?s=46

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Brandon Staley seems like a bad hire for a lot of teams, feels like you need a strong "culture" type HC to keep that egghead working at optimum efficiency or he'll just revert to being a little loser

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1750957577574273474

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

From looking around, Bills fans seem very upset by the idea of losing Babich and have been calling for the Bills to promote him to prevent that outcome.

He was safeties coach (Hyde/Poyer hit All-Pro) then became LB coach (Milano hit All-Pro). Playcalling aside he seems like an excellent coach for player development.