Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

i assume there will be no rumble thread?

You could start one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Does a bear poo poo in the woods?

Um….. yeah? Most of the time? You want to stay on topic?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think you should find a style of wrestling you like and consider their subscription service. Wrestle Universe has a lot of Japanese Feds so there’s variety there. Stardom World has some really skilled Japanese wrestling. NJPW World has some classics in its archives. If you want more western ( English speaking)wrestling, I’m sure you can peruse the selection at Fite.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

MassRafTer posted:

You could start one!

I would not recommend it! :D

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Reporting on something like this is very tricky and requires a lot of nuance, especially when you're an independant reporter who could be buried under mountains of libel suits even if what you are reporting is true and verifiable

Exactly. Bix has been eluding to stuff like this for a couple years now on the Between The Sheets promo section of the pod since the first time Vince "left", but unless you wanted to be financially destroyed from WWE Legal, you need to be crafty about what you can actually report

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Count Thrashula posted:

Is there an easy way I can watch these thirteen different promotions from my couch on my Roku without paying like $70 a month for a live television service like Hulu Live TV or SlingTV or whatever

edit -- I'm not being snarky this is legit something I want to do

The majority of them have streaming services. Some of these have Roku apps.

Sadly for people in the US AEW is only available on TNT / TBS. For most people outside the US it's available via Fite.

New Japan World costs $9.99 a month, has a Roku app, and gives access to probably more than a hundred shows a year with some of the best wrestlers in the world, including frequent crossovers with AEW talent.

Wrestle Universe costs 900 yen a month (about $6), which gives you access to DDT (awesome comedy wrestling), Pro Wrestling Noah (historically amazing, currently pretty good) and Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling (the cutest promotion on the planet). They don't have a Roku app, but streaming through your phone is relatively easy.

TNA / Impact Wrestling put all their shows on Youtube for $1 a month. They just show up in your Youtube subscriptions.

A bunch of indies put their shows up on Fite Plus, which is $8 a month and has a Roku. A bunch more just put all their stuff on Youtube. I think CMLL put most of their shows on Youtube unless I'm mistaken.

Most others you'll likely have to stream online and then stream to your TV.

EDIT: Beaten to this by EMFiasco

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Does a bear poo poo in the woods?

If it's on someone's head

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Booker T is suggesting that MJF showing up at the rumble would be “awesome”

Dunno about that one, chief

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

rotinaj posted:

Booker T is suggesting that MJF showing up at the rumble would be “awesome”

Dunno about that one, chief

I'm pretty sure MJF re signed months ago.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Lamuella posted:

The majority of them have streaming services. Some of these have Roku apps.

Sadly for people in the US AEW is only available on TNT / TBS. For most people outside the US it's available via Fite.

New Japan World costs $9.99 a month, has a Roku app, and gives access to probably more than a hundred shows a year with some of the best wrestlers in the world, including frequent crossovers with AEW talent.

Wrestle Universe costs 900 yen a month (about $6), which gives you access to DDT (awesome comedy wrestling), Pro Wrestling Noah (historically amazing, currently pretty good) and Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling (the cutest promotion on the planet). They don't have a Roku app, but streaming through your phone is relatively easy.

TNA / Impact Wrestling put all their shows on Youtube for $1 a month. They just show up in your Youtube subscriptions.

A bunch of indies put their shows up on Fite Plus, which is $8 a month and has a Roku. A bunch more just put all their stuff on Youtube. I think CMLL put most of their shows on Youtube unless I'm mistaken.

Most others you'll likely have to stream online and then stream to your TV.

EDIT: Beaten to this by EMFiasco

Psh, this post is way better than mine - but you forgot that Wrestle Universe also gives you Ganbare Pro, which I don't have a concise description for other than "it has great vibes, an incredible ring announcer, and books Unagi Sayaka, who is one of the coolest wrestlers I've ever seen" :science:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

a judicial system where corporate megaliths can just bury plaintiffs under legal fees is one of the innumerable things that is absolutely hosed about America.
There is nothing else I can say about the topic that isn't unhinged doomerism.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JethroMcB posted:

My big question at this point: Are the incriminating photos mentioned in the legal brief also on Donald Trump's phone? I remember reading that Vince was a person Trump almost always made phone time for, and that Trump usually took Vince's calls in private, which was a rarity. If Vince is showing this crap off to random IT guys, I have to imagine he'd try to impress his biggest perv buddy by sharing the evidence.

Trump doesn't even get in trouble for his own sex crimes, I doubt he's going to get in trouble for someone else's sex crimes.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm pretty sure MJF re signed months ago.

Uh, if that were the case, he’d still be on the roster page

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Meltzer isn’t a real journalist. He’s a decent obituary guy and a critic.

it would be funny if you thought about what a journalist is and why you have that gatekeeping idea of people being one or not. it has to do with continuously reading what gets repeated by random dumb rear end internet morons, many of whom are children or live and behave as children in society and don't know anything or have any qualification to be anything

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Uh, if that were the case, he’d still be on the roster page

that seems to be pretty clearly a work.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Psh, this post is way better than mine - but you forgot that Wrestle Universe also gives you Ganbare Pro, which I don't have a concise description for other than "it has great vibes, an incredible ring announcer, and books Unagi Sayaka, who is one of the coolest wrestlers I've ever seen" :science:

Everything you need to know about Ganbare can be explained by their theme music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG5yDMHd_go

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If they haven't already I bet they're scrambling to give Mercedes a big rear end check to get her to show up so they can have the narrative be all about her return

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

post hole digger posted:

that seems to be pretty clearly a work.

I could keep going with the joke, but yeah, just taking some levity where I can while the actual big news story is making my stomach hurt

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

oh god I just remembered that Cody is doing the whole "so, what do you guys wanna talk about" routine in his promos.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

oh god I just remembered that Cody is doing the whole "so, what do you guys wanna talk about" routine in his promos.

Don’t worry, Cody already solved racism, sexism will fall next

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

I could keep going with the joke, but yeah, just taking some levity where I can while the actual big news story is making my stomach hurt

got it, i missed the joke there :tipshat:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Oh sick, if I get a VPN on my phone I can get the Fite app and watch AEW live by casting it to my TV from my phone

Thanks guys

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

If they haven't already I bet they're scrambling to give Mercedes a big rear end check to get her to show up so they can have the narrative be all about her return

WWE doesn't want to contract tamper with AEW.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I didn’t realize you could see all of TNA for $1 a month. Don’t they have their own streaming service too? Is that just for PPV?

Every couple of years I get curious and want to check them out but access to their shows has been a hurdle for a while.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ganso Bomb posted:

I didn’t realize you could see all of TNA for $1 a month. Don’t they have their own streaming service too? Is that just for PPV?

Every couple of years I get curious and want to check them out but access to their shows has been a hurdle for a while.

All the TV is $1 a month, TV plus monthly events except the big four (Hard to Kill, Rebellion, Slammiversary and Bound For Glory) for $5, all through the standard YouTube app.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

yea ok posted:

Yeah, the guy who showed compromising pictures to the random tech guys and talked about letting them rape her 3 at a time probably didn't say anything to one of his closest friends and top company people, who said how great Vince is and what a Father Figure he was AFTER the first WSJ article came out. Please think for two seconds.

Go gently caress yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

If you're in the US: Fite/Triller and AEW Plus is incredible if you're willing to get a VPN. 8 bucks a month for every Dynamite, Rampage, and Collision. And deep discounts on Papes.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

fart blood posted:

he didn’t really say anything objectionable especially considering how you post towards others 80% of the time

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

smol bean john cena definitely didnt know or do anything

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Hey my posting pals what’s up?
<reads thread>
Jesus Christ.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Thinking more and more about ashley massaro's incident and cant help but think that is absolutely blood on vince's hands
Yeah. Also that story of Sable being blacklisted decades ago for not wanting to be pimped out. The litany of Vince paying of his “mistresses” that ONLY came out because Vince used company money. Ring boy scandal. Owen. Piper. Superfly’s girlfriend that Snuka murdered who got away with it because Vince used the “he’s just a savage and doesn’t understand right and wrong like us” along with a suitcase of money, Moolah’s BS that was this very similar gross sex slavery thing and long term employment/association with wwe. That’s just off the top of my head. Vince and wwe have built an empire on the mountain of exploitation, broken dreams and dead bodies. An empire that actively protected sex pests almost as much as it tried to destroy any alternative competition. It’s not just that it was capitalism. WWE is a virus. Burn it down.

It’s not like everyone was unaware. We already saw in this thread Ryan Nemeth spoke out and was blacklisted for it. Multiple women that were probably victims wanted it kept quiet because wwe was the big time and the only way they felt they could make money doing the business they loved. Tons of victims feel the need to keep quiet due to the power of the people that abused them. Sooner wwe is gone other places will spring up. Might they still be run by scumbags? Sure. They can also get shut down when people stop going until hopefully companies say “maybe we can’t just keep eating babies and puppies.” gently caress wwe. Burn it down. Salt the earth. Build something new somewhere else. Believe victims always.

Sorry to be so serious but those details are repellent and make my soul hurt. It’s also extraordinarily obvious this has been going on longer than I’ve been alive. Not even sure I want to watch a dark side of the ring about this although some public doc should be made so it’s not memory holed like 99% of Vince’s crimes. So gross.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i was supposed to go to a rumble party, and i even joined a loving rumble pool, but now…none of this is fun.

wonder if i should try to get my money back, or ride it out.

gently caress wwe. oh, i’m guessing this is why dunn suddenly left.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 26, 2024

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

fart blood posted:

John Cena posted:

I love Vince McMahon. He’s everything you could want in a great friend, business partner, father, mentor. I love the man.

quote:

AP: Is it tough to reconcile the feelings you have toward Vince McMahon with the sexual misconduct accusations made against him?

CENA: No. I mean, everyone has the right to have their perspective. I have the right to have mine. When you love somebody, you take them as imperfectly perfect as they are. We all make mistakes, we all have poor decisions. Lord knows I’ve made my collection of poor choices. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to love somebody. There’s no way I can go on record and say I don’t love Vince McMahon.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

fart blood posted:

No offense buddy but you may want to sit this one out :)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If we're recommending wrestling services then I'd be remiss from promoting 2023's Best Wrestling Promotion according to both me & the listeners of the Eastern Lariat podcast, All Japan Pro Wrestling

https://www.ajpw.tv/ is 900 Yen a month, or £4.78 or $6.08. For your cost of 2 coffees a month from a well known high food chain you can get for the month of February 3 live shows, 2 shows that won't stream live but will go up later in & of course the archives, which go back to when the service launched in 2017, & aside from that there is also the Battle Library which includes a selection of matches from the companies post-NOAH split history. For example, you can see Toshiaki Kawada against the man better known as Umaga, Jamal, from 2004, there's a cracker between Pancrase founders Masakatsu Funaki & Minoru Suzuki, plenty to be going on with. But honestly, the current stuff is where it's at. In January there have been 3 live shows, plus a 4th that airs tomorrow (see the Puroresu thread for match lineup). December had 5 shows as well, I think they were all live streamed but I can't remember off the top of my head.

There's no English commentator, there's only really Japanese commentary for the bigger shows, the production isn't exactly NOAH levels, All Japan is basically an indy as far as presentation stuff goes, but good lord it's an indy with my #1 & #2 wrestlers of 2023 plus my numbers #5, #6 & #8, plus my #4 & #9 regularly worked there despite it not being their home promotion.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he didn’t really say anything objectionable especially considering how you post towards others 80% of the time

Drink watery poo poo.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Take the L and shut up, poster fart blood.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

delightful posted:

Sure, whatever, those people who had nothing at all to do with this deserve to also suffer. Vince, Lauranitis, Brock, and anyone else who did or enabled this poo poo should rot in hell, but the average wrestler didn't do this. The average production assistant didn't do this. Joe Camera Operator didn't do this. They do not deserve to suffer for the sins of the boss.

Anyone involved should suffer, this poo poo is way more heinous than any of us knew last year when the accusations were nebulous, but as much as I would like another fed to become #1, I very much doubt AEW can absorb all of the WWE talent who are completely innocent in this.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Chatterton

Vince has been pulling crap like this for a long, long time. He needs to be humbled and brought to justice, and if the industry is so toxic that him being gone kills it, then it deserves to die.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I would not recommend it! :D

Create Royal Rumble thread.

OP is simply links to:

- the most informative articles regarding VKM's abhorrent crimes;

- an article or PSP post that lays out that many WWWF/E higher-ups and career men must have been complicit in order to keep VKM's (and other folks) crimes hush-hush;

- the most appropriate well-regarded charities or support networks (i.e. RAINN).

Lock thread.

(Not absolutely necessary obv, but I don't know how many folks are the equivalent of playoff sports fans, and will only dip into PSP the day of the event to see if it's worth watching)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’ll make a royal rumble thread where we all pretend to royal rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Paying2Lurk posted:

Take the L and shut up, poster fart blood.