Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Please tell me its not behind a paywall.

Also Link plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I was trying to figure out how everybody knows that the unnamed wrestler was lesnar and not... another former ufc champion that wwe was trying to lock in to a new contract around that time that I'm not going to name because looking at the timeline of events it clearly wasn't him

found a copy of the court filing

uh
this is real bad
like I knew it was gonna be bad, and it's so much worse than I expected
this is like borderline serial killer poo poo

it would be disturbing in a movie. you'd be like "what sick gently caress came up with this"
I don't even have jokes, it's really loving bad.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

wesleywillis posted:

Please tell me its not behind a paywall.

Also Link plz

https://archive.is/lwDK7

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
When I made my first effortpost in this thread a few years ago, going off certain information I had once absorbed, I had a touch of sympathy for Vince. Under the idea that he had an abusive upbringing, that it happened because his biological father abandoned him to go run a wrestling promotion, that maybe his whole life was about revenge against his father and wrestling, with the second never really working out.

Then Behind the Bastards presented new information that contradicted all of that, but also made it clear that if what they said was more accurate, then Vince McMahon is just...broken. He was never right in the head, and with a few changes in his life could possibly have ended up a serial killer in the vein of some of the lesser known but truly atrocious monsters, like Leonard Lake, or David Parker Ray. Because...yeah. It is becoming more and more clear and likely that Vince is a true blue monster, and while it's a shame it's taken so drat long, like the Golden State Killer, maybe they'll finally get him at the end.

Also, when I saw in another thread that 'the serial sex abuser has been confirmed to be one', my initial thought was "Oh no, did more/credible evidence come out against Chris Jericho?" Thankfully not, in a "I really don't want one of the most entertaining guys to be a complete POS too" selfish sense, rather than a "Why believe the woman?" dismissal sense.

But, yeah. Vince is broken. Utterly. And like any cult leader, he did his best to spread it like an infection, or find like souls.

(But, even for him, innocent until proven guilty, give Vince some benefit of the doubt. That's how a 'fair' system works. Key word there: some. You can decide the amount of 'some'.)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Holy poo poo :stare:

That article should have an :nms: warning attached to it. I hope the feds raided him to find more evidence about that because he and anyone who participated in that needs to be nailed to the god drat wall

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sometimes I think Vince had Epstein in his little black book, not the other way around.

And that is terrifying.

Cornwind Evil posted:

When I made my first effortpost in this thread a few years ago, going off certain information I had once absorbed, I had a touch of sympathy for Vince. Under the idea that he had an abusive upbringing, that it happened because his biological father abandoned him to go run a wrestling promotion, that maybe his whole life was about revenge against his father and wrestling, with the second never really working out.

Seems she had lost her parents when Vince approached her. So he knew how to take advantage of her, like just the same way he was likely abused. Not saying that's an excuse, it just makes it worse imho

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 26, 2024

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Vince McMahon is a loving vile person. It's a shame nothing truly bad ever happens to the truly rich because he deserves a poo poo ton of bad things

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Remember that Vince kept known human trafficker Fabulous Moolah in his employ for decades and tried to name a women’s tournament after her until people told him the internet exists and people can look things up now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

MakaVillian posted:

Vince McMahon is a loving vile person. It's a shame nothing truly bad ever happens to the truly rich because he deserves a poo poo ton of bad things

The thing that needs to be remembered is, so is Linda.

Vince couldn't have gotten away with half the poo poo he's done without Linda. He and her are truly made for each other, both monsters, the Fred and Rose West of a different kind of endless hosed up deeds, or maybe Epstein and Maxwell. Hell, she's arguably worse, because she flies under the radar so well.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Remember that Vince kept known human trafficker Fabulous Moolah in his employ for decades and tried to name a women’s tournament after her until people told him the internet exists and people can look things up now.

Oh, and Snickers got mad.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Cornwind Evil posted:

The thing that needs to be remembered is, so is Linda.

Vince couldn't have gotten away with half the poo poo he's done without Linda. He and her are truly made for each other, both monsters, the Fred and Rose West of a different kind of endless hosed up deeds, or maybe Epstein and Maxwell. Hell, she's arguably worse, because she flies under the radar so well.

Even at a surface level: she went along with a story where Vince kept her drugged into a catatonic state and would wheel her out to the ring to watch him make out with a female wrestler who in kayfabe (and likely real life) didn't want to be with him.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What did Moolah do? I heard some grumbles before but no serious allegations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Didn't she pimp out her female students AND force herself on them?

https://www.oxygen.com/martinis-murder/pro-wrestler-the-fabulous-moolah-sexual-assault-controversy-explained

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Stunt-Puffin posted:

At best, she was as carny as any male promoter with essentially a monopoly on women's wrestling. At worst, she was also a Madame but people are less willing to discuss that

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Stunt-Puffin posted:

She child trafficked Ric Flair

Edit: I wildly misremembered that but I'm leaving it because it would explain some things

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 26, 2024

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Brocks into piss games

that's not surprising, I don't know why.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

Brocks into piss games

Poor Sable.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

gently caress. adding to the horror of the whole situation, the language of his texting is like, pervy middleschool kid level fantasies. Its also really similar to how trump talks.

Also payouts are around 14 million? wonder when the next victims are gonna come forward

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Has RKO or anybody associated with the industry or out any kind of statement or plan or action or are they all going with the curtain of silence again?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Supreme Allah posted:

Brocks into piss games

because he got a tattoo of a giant dick on his chest, and the urethra is pointed at his face

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Has RKO or anybody associated with the industry or out any kind of statement or plan or action or are they all going with the curtain of silence again?

Do you mean TKO?

What I've seen so far is that TKO is saying this all went down before the took control of WWE and that Vince is not involved in corporate anymore. I call bullshit because this HAD to have come up in due diligence.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

When the initial allegations came out wasn't the board privy to documents that were redacted when they became public but the implication was that something much worse about Vince was in there?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Orton burned the gently caress out of the bridge to AEW years ago, he’s not going to rock any boats in case he needs money, because no one else can pay him like WWE can

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Bonzo posted:

Do you mean TKO?

What I've seen so far is that TKO is saying this all went down before the took control of WWE and that Vince is not involved in corporate anymore. I call bullshit because this HAD to have come up in due diligence.

If it didn't there might be a case for a shareholder lawsuit because that's the sort of thing that should have come up

TKO is in a Catch 22 of their own making: either they were so eager to make this deal that they did only the bare minimum due diligence, or they found this during due diligence and deliberately concealed it/didn't think it was much of a concern. Either one screws them, it's just a matter of how badly do they want to be destroyed at this point

I guarantee this isn't the end of it. We're going to hear a lot more in the coming weeks and none of this is going to be pretty

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If it didn't there might be a case for a shareholder lawsuit because that's the sort of thing that should have come up

TKO is in a Catch 22 of their own making: either they were so eager to make this deal that they did only the bare minimum due diligence, or they found this during due diligence and deliberately concealed it/didn't think it was much of a concern. Either one screws them, it's just a matter of how badly do they want to be destroyed at this point

I guarantee this isn't the end of it. We're going to hear a lot more in the coming weeks and none of this is going to be pretty

Could TKO throw Vince under the bus and sue him for misrepresentation? Even if there their grounds are shaky, they could still negotiate an undisclosed settlement and then make the case that they were misled as well.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Misrepresentation seems like it would have to be predicted on you NOT having a poo poo load of extremely disturbing documentation detailing human trafficking.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

They might also be waiting to see if criminal charges are brought forward. Not to mention this may trigger a new "Me Too" movement ala Harvey Weinstein.

Is there any talent that is speaking out yet? I swear I saw an article earlier this week where Cena was talking retirement and now I think I know why.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 47 hours!)

i was probably going to watch the royal rumble, cos i usually do, but christ man. it seems like the entire company are just a bunch of rapists and enablers. i don't trust a single one of them not to be involved or know about it and still be performing for those people.

it's always been a right wing organisation but that's something i sort of overlooked, and thought most of the real trouble was in the past. pretty naive. this stuff coming out happened within the last couple of years. it's full organisational rot, and it probably goes from the top to the bottom. actually we know it does.

Bonzo posted:

Is there any talent that is speaking out yet? I swear I saw an article earlier this week where Cena was talking retirement and now I think I know why.

he said within 3 years and has also said that he'll always be around to pass on what he knows etc so i doubt he was pre-emptively cutting ties

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I’m itching to pull the trigger on some TKO puts but I don’t have faith in people to care about this enough to kill WWE.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I hope vince gets to spend the last pathetic years of his life completely erased from the company he worked so hard to build. Just completely wiped away. A full Benoit.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

I don't follow wrestling much, but I was curious what Jim Cornett's take on this situation would be so I looked up his show. He's basically just laughing at the craziness, sticking up for Vince, and questioning why she didn't just leave the arrangement at various points.

This other guy on the show, Brian, tried to appeal to the humanity of her experience a couple times but Cornett just kept laughing through it and eventually drew him into joking about it too, and he folded like a little bitch. It was an uncomfortable listen.

Assholes like Cornett and Brian are the reason why so many women are afraid to speak out about this poo poo. They revel in the humiliation of the abused.

Stunt-Puffin fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 27, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So it was the "just look away from your screen" tweet but instead of internet bullying it was "how is vinny mac pooping on your head real"?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 47 hours!)

lol i think wwe i actually hosed this time

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I couldn’t even listen to Cornette talking about this poo poo. I normally find him entertaining but the victim blaming bullshit is way too boomer to tolerate.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There's a reason Cornette is verboten in PSP

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

HonorableTB posted:

She child trafficked Ric Flair

Edit: I wildly misremembered that but I'm leaving it because it would explain some things

I don't often read this thread so maybe it's been mentioned already, but just in case it hasn't:

Yes, Ric Flair was child-trafficked, but by a completely different entity run by a completely different person.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is this industry hosed up or what?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

thunderspanks posted:

A full Benoit.

i support this in its most literal sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Is this industry hosed up or what?

Jim Crockett Jr. never defecated on anyone’s head.