Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That is super neat and my rear end would be divorced in an instant if I got one. Love data visualization stuff like that but god knows I have no use for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Brain Curry posted:

I bought a $300 frisbee. https://techdisc.com/

Rules

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
That is so sick and also I don't disc golf anywhere near enough to justify it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So they put an IMU and accelerometers in a frisbee? Why does it cost $300?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

So they put an IMU and accelerometers in a frisbee? Why does it cost $300?

Likely because it's a niche product so production is expensive and putting electronics in a disc is going to effect the flight so they (hopefully) have done extensive testing and are using small/light parts.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I'm trying to convince a friend to buy one so we can see who has the bigger noodle arm. It's me.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

just yeeting 300 bucks of electronics in to the trees, whatever could go wrong!

My poor old Logitec G203 is dying and I bought it 5 years ago so it's time for a new mouse

reviews seem good and it looks comfy af

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A Weedeater album and merch

Also Mercurial World by Magdalena Bay, softscars by Yeule and the single Barz Simpson by Jay Electronica and MF DOOM

Megabound has a new favorite as of 02:26 on Jan 26, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

e: wrong thread but enjoy it anyway

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I did!

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

I'd been looking for this record for a while and finally found a great copy that didn't costs like $100+ with shipping.

Beastie Boys fans should know the main reason why I bought this one, but beyond that, it is just a great record.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Bought a 10 lb package of local grass fed beef. I’m going to pressure can a whole bunch of chili. :dance:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
My friend released a 24 disc box set of her Garfield themed gorenoise project. I went and picked up mine today.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

UwUnabomber posted:

My friend released a 24 disc box set of her Garfield themed gorenoise project. I went and picked up mine today.

Your friend is incredibly cool.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can't make a post like that and not link a sample.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Youre going to see a lot of photos of aborted fetuses and images from Rotten.com if you go looking up her music.

This release has a safe for sanity cover and is the album people bring up to me locally if I wear K9 Hemorrhoids merch out and about.

https://youtu.be/jiQ_PaItzoA?si=RaYq7QIPaY-KwYkD

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Hm not my cup of tea.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I bought a custom sith costume along with a Neopixel lightsaber and a bunch of custom tooled leather accessories. A lot of it is still being made but I am super pumped for a few cons this year.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Megabound posted:

A Weedeater album and merch

Cool UFO looking record player thing

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I want to play Simon with it.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

A Sparco Sprint seat with mounting bracket, and an extended shifter for my Miata autocross car.

I can’t wait for spring!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So.

There was a gem/mineral expo near me.

They had a geode cracking table.

I'm short on cash at the moment, but I loving love rocks and gemstones, and geode cracking stations are a particular weakness of mine. So I went to this event, promising myself that I wasn't gonna buy anything, that I was just gonna pay the admission fee, walk around, maybe watch a few geodes get cracked open, and leave. Then I rooted around in one of the geode boxes and found one that was big but relatively lightweight for its size, and, well... $59 later... you can see where this is going. I burned money on a geode. :(

However, apparently I got an ultra rare pull. The geode had some orange calcite crystals growing in it that were a different color than the rest of the inside. The guy running the table told me that this is "extremely rare" and that in 30 years of doing this he had only cracked about 8 other geodes with that kind of growth in them. You know you got something neat when the guy cracks the rock open and immediately shows it to his buddies behind the table before showing it to you.

Pics of the geode.

Closeups of the calcite crystals. If you look close at the top pic you can see a little bit of orange mixed in with the grays and blacks of the rest toward the bottom. I have no idea what the round black thing on the top right is though.

So...... that's kinda cool at least. Although I'm still a little bit mad at myself for spending 60 bucks on a rock when I already don't have a lot of money to spend. :(

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It is a really cool rock though.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
dude's rock

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

e: wrong thread but enjoy it anyway

Please tell them I love them.

Not my pics but I ordered the gigantic Gundam model. It's about 2 foot tall when it's complete. It's 1/43 scale, and I'm already trying to figure out how to have my 1/144 scale one in an "Uppies!!" pose near it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Don’t talk to me and my sonpla ever again

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

I. M. Gei posted:

You know you got something neat when the guy cracks the rock open and immediately shows it to his buddies behind the table before showing it to you.

Should have sold it back to him for double. That's the gamble right? That you get something rare and I assume you'd be able to find a buyer at a rock expo. What would the 'cost' of this even be?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Jfc they are minerals, Marie

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
congrats on the geode having a weiner

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thats pretty cool. Sometimes you have to take joy in tiny things i would recommend just enjoying your cool rock

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Yea, for as much as people live having the new thing that's popular, you have a rock that is the only one like it on the planet. Plus, both sides of the geode have showing cool. One has an orange weiner, one side has that metallic egg spore thing that looks both awesome and creepy.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Did I need a Manhunt shirt from the company that makes bootleg Rockstar Games merch? No. But the "Infrared Variant" was calling my name.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Got a Polaroid SX-70 Model 2 converted to 600 film and it's my new favorite thing

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

That is and those photos are very cool.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Thanks!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Got a new client/role for the next year or so, so I treated myself to some bullshit I didn't need.

the boi is big and he is my freind

I also realized I can print wall hangers/mounts for my records so that's been not great for my finances.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They still make full size Polaroid cameras and film? Whaaat?

I thought the film company went under

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Wendigee posted:

They still make full size Polaroid cameras and film? Whaaat?

I thought the film company went under

The camera is from the 70s, they haven't made an SX-70 since the early 80s but you can get ones that have been refurbished and restored online really easily. Else yeah, they sell new full Polaroid cameras after the Impossible Project started making film then bought the last integral film factory standing. Polaroid is back baybee (and has been for a while)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Crazy that no one is just making new equipment if the film is back in production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

They are making new equipment but it's not as good as the SX-70 for my purposes. The Polaroid I-2 is their latest and greatest but it's not an SLR and has autofocus, 2 things I don't like. There's a whole range available: https://www.polaroid.com/collections/instant-cameras