Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jack Pozz, stopped clock, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Hazo posted:

“MY PRESIDENT doesn’t pay attention to the law nor take responsibility for his actions, the very qualities I look for in a leader!”

“…what do you mean he stole all the money?”

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

also being a rapist will hurt him, but not with his base per se. what will hurt him with the gop moreso is being branded a loser and losing in court.

Well he's not a model Christian, that's for sure.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
*cough*

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hazo posted:

nah. For those comparing this to alex jones, they are very different beasts. This verdict will likely stand up on appeal. Trump, unlike Jones, has actual assets that can be forclosed upon with a finalized judgment. It may take a year or two to finalize these appeals, but she is absolutely going to get paid. The $5m that she already won is sitting in the court's coffers pending appeal and will be released to her when everything is done. Kaplan isn't likely to require a full bond of $83.3m, but Trump is going to have to pony up a considerable chunk of change to appeal this judgment.

Alex Jones entire net worth is tied up in him being Alex Jones on infowars and a few houses. Trump actually has a lot of assets.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1751008030827679768

I'm starting to think she doesn't understand how law works.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mr. Nice! posted:

Wait you mean mr "just grab em by the pussy" is a rapist?!

right. right?? literally convicted in a court of law for grabbing someone by the pussy, "that's not something trump would do!!" they scream

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Three Olives posted:

The parking lot lawyer isn't a great lawyer?! I'm shocked.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Three Olives posted:

This dumbass basically said before anyway that she's not a good lawyer indirectly.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Mods, can we get a Habba's Lil' Beauties tag?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

:qqsay:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"It is better to look good than to be good"

- Fernando Lamas

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Mods, can we get a Habba's Lil' Beauties tag?
HORNY
POSTING
IS
FORBIDDEN

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

just posting to say I'm genuinely shocked he hasn't said anything about Carroll on Truth since the verdict

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Hazo posted:

She's already getting the money from the first trial guaranteed after appeals. So does Jack think Trump is going to give up and not fight this case? I don't know what the logic is here? He isn't declaring bankruptcy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Selections from Alina Habba's wikipedia page:

quote:

Habba graduated from Kent Place School in 2002. She attended Lehigh University, graduating in 2005 with a bachelor's degree in political science.

Between 2005 and 2007, Habba worked in the fashion industry in accessories production and marketing with executives at Marc Jacobs. According to her, though she enjoyed the fashion industry, she decided to attend law school for financial reasons. She obtained a Juris Doctor from the Widener University Commonwealth Law School in 2010, not to be confused with Widener University Delaware Law School.

Not sure if that's a dig against Widener University Commonwealth Law School or what.

quote:

After finishing law school, Habba served as a law clerk to Eugene J. Codey Jr., then Presiding Judge of the Civil Superior Court in Essex County, New Jersey from September 2010 until September 2011. Habba began private practice in September 2011, when she joined as an associate at Tompkins, McGuire, Wachenfeld & Barry, LLP, where she worked from September 2011 to February 2013. From February 2013 to March 2020, she was an equity partner and the Managing Partner of Sandelands Eyet LLP, a seven-attorney firm formed by her then-husband in 2013.

In March 2020 she left to start her own firm. The firm, Habba, Madaio and Associates LLP, employs five people. Along with the firm's Bedminster, New Jersey office, Habba has an office in Manhattan.

Habba is licensed to practice law in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut. She has served as lead counsel for three cases, including a federal class action suit against a New Jersey nursing home accused of various negligent acts and consumer fraud violations.

Habba has also held the position of general counsel for her second husband's parking garage company. She has represented clients in various legal cases including a man suing a nursing home in New Jersey, and a student seeking a refund for college tuition after University of Bridgeport moved classes to an online format.

In July 2021, Habba represented Siggy Flicker, a Trump-supporting former member of The Real Housewives of New Jersey who alleged that Facebook had disabled her account for wishing Melania Trump a happy birthday. Habba wrote a letter to Facebook, which Facebook appeared to ignore.

From there, it's her adventures working for Trump.

It's fascinating the type of scum that ends up in Trump's orbit.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

kazil posted:

just posting to say I'm genuinely shocked he hasn't said anything about Carroll on Truth since the verdict

When he has absolutely HAD to, he's capable of shutting up for 24 and in rare cases 48 hours. But he'll have defamed her again by Monday morning. I guarantee it.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
whenever I see Elise Stefanik I think of that Roald Dhal quote about how having ugly thoughts turns you ugly

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Hazo posted:

Trump needs to put up the judgement as a bond to appeal the ruling (which he said in all caps he would do). The courts made him do this for the last judgement too.

Trump either pays out, or pays out to the courts to appeal and then loses the appeal and E Jean Carrol gets paid by the courts.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

Guess that means the jury was pretty spot-on in determining the exact amount of money necessary to get Trump to shut the gently caress up!

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Charlz Guybon posted:

Don't know about French, but orange was not commonly used as an adjective in English until the 17th century

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_(colour)#:~:text=dye%20in%20Asia.-,Etymology,fruit%2C%20pomme%20d%27orange.
Yeah I know... I probably should have included in my OP that would be expected for just the reason you posted.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Guess that means the jury was pretty spot-on in determining the exact amount of money necessary to get Trump to shut the gently caress up!

there's no way he'll be able to shut the gently caress up. imagine being 78 years old or however old he is and being absolutely addicted to shitposting. like a degenerate gambler betting their house on a hand of blackjack.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Habba nother botched legal defence? Don’t mind if I do!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I hope they make Trump put up the entire 83 million to file an appeal.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

imagine being 78 years old or however old he is and being absolutely addicted to shitposting.

Uh oh I imagined it and it was plausible

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Hollismason posted:

I hope they make Trump put up the entire 83 million to file an appeal.

I think he only has to put up 20%

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I read the last 20 pages. Plenty of lols to go around.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We know put up or shut up won't work, he'll never shut up

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I think he only has to put up 20%
It's 100-120%

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Looks like Trump's VP just freed up his schedule

https://x.com/BNONews/status/1751057379192361424?s=20

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hazo posted:

Cool cool. I can’t wait until they start seizing assets. Being President does not protect you from any of that

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What allegations?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Outpost22 posted:

What allegations?

He sexual content warning raped a staffer and shat on her face.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Given that orange wasn't used as an adjective for some time after Nostradamus I plugged 'red' into the search...

quote:

Quarrels and new schism by the red hats
When the Sabine will have been elected:
They will produce great sophism against him,
And Rome will be injured by those of Alba*.

*Alba is the Scottish Gaelic name for Scotland.

:kstare:

edit: source

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 27, 2024

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Outpost22 posted:

What allegations?

Sex trafficking.

Hope Brock Lesnar wasn't your favorite

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Outpost22 posted:

What allegations?

Hoooooo boy.

Bad ones. Credible 'you are guilty of sex trafficking' ones. The kind of stuff that makes you reconsider, if just a bit, the 'the death penalty is innately barbaric and inhumane 100 percent' that was talked about in the last few dozen pages because some people, if found guilty of such crimes, really feel like they deserve nothing less and being 'human and moral' in their cases is a mistake.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Outpost22 posted:

What allegations?

Vince manipulated a woman looking for a job into a "relationship" where he passed her around his executive peers and pimped her out to sign wrestlers. It's dozens of pages of the most specific and awful abuse you can imagine.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Hobo Clown posted:

Looks like Trump's VP just freed up his schedule

https://x.com/BNONews/status/1751057379192361424?s=20

Hell yeah I hope he can now be a CEO in prison.

Cell Enclosed Occupant

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Shocking that even more wealthy Trump weirdos are rapists. Man, never saw that coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I think it is possible that Trump has shut up because he might actually be hosed. Basically all of his money is highly leveraged and in Trump Co, which absolutely can not transfer a huge sum of money like that to him because of his ongoing NY criminal trial. $90M is a lot to keep liquid, even if you are a worth hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars (Remember, most of his money, including his "Brand" is in Trump Co.)

He might just not have the money and is scared that Carrol is going to file lawsuit number 3 any day now, and get another summary judgement. Remember, Trump is personally on the hook for some Trump Co loans, he can't sell off Trump Co assets to boost his personal net worth and the $90M in judgements, appeal or not, is a real financial liability that lenders are going to consider.