Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
Almost 20 years on these dead gay forums and this thread is where I get my first red text for a lame joke, and I can not be more proud. Thank you!

E: And a lame snipe! Along with the thread title I got in another thread, what do I need a probation for an SA hat trick?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
gently caress man, what a badge of honor. It's a weird habit, but certainly not a bad one, yet it tilted someone hard enough for them to run off and spend money filling out some forms. Be proud!

edit: Holy poo poo, I checked my profile and someone gave me a custom one too. I have no idea what it's in reference to either, I watched Power Rangers as a kid. What a fuckin' day, hell yea.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a banme

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ommin posted:

Almost 20 years on these dead gay forums and this thread is where I get my first red text for a lame joke, and I can not be more proud. Thank you!

E: And a lame snipe! Along with the thread title I got in another thread, what do I need a probation for an SA hat trick?

:allears:

Congrats!

I got a red text once years ago but a mod thought it was too mean so they removed it lol. I was only aware I had it for like 5 minutes.

edit: I got a lovely av before and kept it for a week or so just to make sure the poster got their money's worth

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You have ensured these dead gay forums can continue their dead gay unlife for another day. This is your burden to bear.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Imagine receiving a custom title from posting itt

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Butterfly Valley posted:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

I would be REALLY mad.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Serephina posted:

edit: Holy poo poo, I checked my profile and someone gave me a custom one too. I have no idea what it's in reference to either, I watched Power Rangers as a kid. What a fuckin' day, hell yea.

Yeah I would have just pegged you as a Power Rangers turbonerd. It's more sneaky and subversive that the obvious red text.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

:sickos:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Serephina posted:

gently caress man, what a badge of honor. It's a weird habit, but certainly not a bad one, yet it tilted someone hard enough for them to run off and spend money filling out some forms. Be proud!

You've had that for the better part of 2023

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I couldn't imagine browsing the forums with AVs off. That's how I identify most people. Once they change it, they're someone new!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

AcidCat posted:

Yeah I would have just pegged you as a Power Rangers turbonerd. It's more sneaky and subversive that the obvious red text.

Please don’t peg your fellow posters without consent. You peanutbutter pretzel hating piece of garbage.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I couldn't imagine browsing the forums with AVs off. That's how I identify most people. Once they change it, they're someone new!

Yes. Everyone is their avatar, this is known.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Snip snop, motherfuckers

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Karate Bastard posted:

What!?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Uh oh

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Its true

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hmmm...

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Karate Bastard posted:

Uncomfortable but true.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Karate Bastard posted:

Are you the mother, the baby, the cow, or the calf?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

:same:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

SubponticatePoster posted:

The phone, clearly

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Karate Bastard posted:

this is why I recently added my orange curtains (from a painting by Lois Dodd called "Night Window") that I had for like 10 years to my Stupid Newbie

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Is there an active avatar commission thread? I just checked CC and couldn't find anything from the last three years. I would pay for an avatar so I can exist

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

this is why I recently added my orange curtains (from a painting by Lois Dodd called "Night Window") that I had for like 10 years to my Stupid Newbie

Can you animate them so they open and close randomly?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Is there an active avatar commission thread? I just checked CC and couldn't find anything from the last three years. I would pay for an avatar so I can exist

Just post really shittily about Biden and you can have one of what I have maybe.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Soul Dentist posted:

join us brother

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Soul Dentist posted:

ez pz, SAmart thread: make me an avatar and i pay you money

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

that's a new av, who the gently caress are you?

Soul Dentist posted:

gbs does that every once in a while. My first av came from someone drawing my username.

edit: this is dated 2012 according to the pic data

Pennywise the Frown has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Jan 27, 2024

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I haven't had AVs on since like, 2006? When I got yelled at by a boss for browsing at work.

My job is much more relaxed and at home now, perhaps I should turn them back on.

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

I turned it off years ago and never looked back. You are all just faceless voids of entertainment for me.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Soul Dentist posted:

There's old threads in GBS where people post free avs or request avs

E: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043533&pagenumber=2#post537046113

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Jan 27, 2024

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Is that Caroline?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Can you animate them so they open and close randomly?

I used to have the Night Window with a pair of blinking glowing eyes outside in the dark. Captain Hygiene made it for me for Halloween, but it's vanished into the void now.

PKMN Trainer Red made my current one.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

I used to have the Night Window with a pair of blinking glowing eyes outside in the dark. Captain Hygiene made it for me for Halloween, but it's vanished into the void now.

PKMN Trainer Red made my current one.

Yeah avatars given by mods/admins don't show up in the Av Lookup, but I think the mods have access to them iirc.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Someone in GBS started a thread about making glitched avatars. Before that it was from some random old lady in Spain who was trying to "restore" a painting of jesus in a church

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Oh, I should also recommend this nice Avatar Lookup button script for any of the *monkey scripting engines, it adds a little button down below each person's avatar, like the "mark all replies as read to this point" and "link to this post" buttons:

https://goons.neocities.org/GAHB%20userscript

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/status/1751139742270341444?s=20

https://twitter.com/Enezator/status/1750845209708011560?s=20

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 10:15 on Jan 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

SubponticatePoster posted:

I am the malicious poo poo baby. However, I acknowledge that I may also be the sad cow, and the fat bastard with the phone. I don't think I'm the calf, but it follows from logic that I must be, at least sometimes.