Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Wudijo's no shout Double Swing build for endgame?

I haven't watched the video, but I found it. If that is what you are referencing, then I'll take a look at it when I get home.

Thanks!
Sorry I was not more specific but yes that is the one I was thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

lagidnam posted:

Then you come to Lightning Spear... 20s base cooldown, you can use an aspect to have a "chance" to spawn a second Spear when you cast it. Then you look at the enchantment and it's "10% chance to spawn a Spear when you pick up Crackling Energy". Best way to get Crackling Energy is the 30% on crit from Chain Lightning.

So they expect you to take your Chain Lightning crit chance, multiply it by 30% and then walk into the monster pack to pick up Crackling Energy, for another 10% chance to get one more Lightning Spear.
No no, to get an extra spear every time its cast. That includes from the enchantment and from unstable currents. Once you have enough spears flying round the screen applying burning with the other enchantment and something like Tal Rasha and Xfal, it can get a bit silly especially if you also have the passive that reduces your cooldowns when you crackle someone and flickerstep to make it easier to pick up more crackles.

RageGaming had a video but they did so many ULTIMATE BEST SORCERER ENGAME BUILD_FINAL_ACTUAL_BEST videos it's hard to find. I think it's this one:

E: it's not that one. There's one he made that was literally 'screen full of lightning spears, each time lightning spear hits it burns, burn sets off tal rashas & xfal, crackling energy sets off more lightning spears and unstable currents is on a zero cooldown.' Your lightning spears hit and crit so much, the passive that drops crackling energy on a crit produces so many you just need to flickerstep between them to keep yourself at zero cooldown.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 26, 2024

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

RageGaming videos are very bad. Do not watch these, do not recommend them. They crank out billions of them and they're all long drawn-out videos by design. What should be a 2 minute video getting to the point becomes 10+ minutes wasting your time.

None of the builds or info they have is nothing you can't find anywhere else

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
TBH sorc is kinda lame until you can get to Varshan and grab a Raiment.

I just switched over to a (helm-less, ofc) meteor build after getting mine, about level 55 or so, and maybe I'm still riding the level 50 paragon bump but it's just smashing groups of things.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Playing a HoTA barb for the first time and it's real fun, I understand why it's such a popular build. I was very late into S2 when I picked up the game and by the time I got to WT3 with my rapid fire/flurry rogue it was pretty much over, now I'm really enjoying ripping rear end through Helltides with random pubbies.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Are HotA, Upheavel, and Arsenal all basically the same thing except your skill to one shot stuff is a little different?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

bamhand posted:

Are HotA, Upheavel, and Arsenal all basically the same thing except your skill to one shot stuff is a little different?

Sorta, although I find WA a lot more fun because juggling your buffs and skills is a way more important, and my brain is broke in a way that I really like that stuff.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Kinda? how to maximize their damage is different but, yeah, those are all fairly standard barb bread and butter buttons.

e: okay wa is a passive but it's easy to cycle things to keep it maxed.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vegastar posted:

I cannot figure out why this team is so obsessed with siloing progress to individual characters in almost every way. After the big shocked pikachu reaction to the lilith statues and map progress at launch, I can't believe they're still doubling down on this kind of thing. For every one person you're convincing to drop another 100 hours to redo all their vampire levels/machine pet upgrades/glyphs you're probably losing 50 people when they get bored of a character and cannot be bothered to redo all this poo poo a second time.

someone still wants it to be diablo 2 but they refuse to unleash the economy in a way that would let it approach that

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Shredder posted:

so I hit 45 on a sorc and I've been doing the chain lightning build from maxroll. I kept running out of mana so I switched to spark and crackling energy instead of stupid arc lash and it's way loving better but it still feels weak as hell.

what's the move with the sorc, I don't wanna reroll but this really isn't doing it for me

how I feel this season

I've done a sorc each season and I find leveling is always best with frozen orb enchant and spam click casting inferno to proc it everywhere for small mana. The orbs stop at the target with the enchant. A few items and switching to your desired build in the 60s has worked well compared to my season 0 strategy.

Full disclosure haven't started this season yet so maybe something has changed?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Sorta, although I find WA a lot more fun because juggling your buffs and skills is a way more important, and my brain is broke in a way that I really like that stuff.

doomfunk posted:

Kinda? how to maximize their damage is different but, yeah, those are all fairly standard barb bread and butter buttons.

e: okay wa is a passive but it's easy to cycle things to keep it maxed.

Yeah, I'm playing Arsenal because it seemed the most interesting of the the 3. Just wondering if I was missing out on much between the other 2 builds.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Arsenal is pretty cool but I usually go berserking, and most often HotA. capping your resource and dropping a thermonuclear hammer feels a certain kind of way that I like.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I love the thread title change.

doomfunk posted:

Arsenal is pretty cool but I usually go berserking, and most often HotA. capping your resource and dropping a thermonuclear hammer feels a certain kind of way that I like.
Found that once high enough level with Walking Arsenal you have enough resource gen that you can get Berserk from Death Blow and Iron Grasp and boy howdy does stacking it feel good.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm enjoying the Deathblow and Iron Maelstrom aspects of Arsenal a lot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

bamhand posted:

I'm enjoying the Deathblow and Iron Maelstrom aspects of Arsenal a lot.
I found Death Blow addicting, especially once I got an Overkill unique hammer from I think Varshan

Lunge => Double Swing => Deathblow => Lunge => Double Swing => Deathblow => Overpower+crit for 40,000,000 damage.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

This is far down the list of Reasons Why Vaults Suck, but what the hell is up with the Zoltan kulle journal drop rate? Feels like they moved the decimal five or six places too far

Guy who plays 16 hours a day for a job found his third today in making a video about something. good luck

Kaysette posted:

The pet not being account wide is so dumb. Let it be about, oh, 10x as strong as you level it up and let it carry my alts. If you’re going to need to run 2,000 vaults to max all the tuning stones, don’t expect that anyone will do that multiple times. So little thought went into this season it’s absurd.

Made it to mid50s but don’t think I’m gonna keep going until something changes.

there should be a guaranteed new glyph from each activity that drops them if you haven't unlocked all the glyphs yet, like with S2 powers. there should be a maximum of 3 levels to the glyphs, like with S2 powers. the progress you make leveling the glyphs should be account wide, as with S2 powers. instead of trying to fiddle with numbers to make it appropriately powerful, the pet should just do damage equal to a rolling average or snapshot of the damage you as the character just did, something that is independent of blizzard trying to WoW balance and is a direct power-add to the PC, as with S2 powers. it should take a few hours max to obtain and cap all the new powers so you can move on to the interesting parts of the game, as with S2 powers

ultrachrist posted:

I see a lot of people using ranged attacks in the robot but I like melee (pummel) with taunt. He can group up packs or block boss attacks. For example, I stood behind him on Elias and the red balls poofed when the hit him. Or on the last room in vaults I stand in a safe spot in the corner while he runs to the middle. I’m also wearing frostburn because I don’t have better gloves and sometimes I kill everything in that room without actually seeing any of them.

none of this matters around the time you hit WT4. the construct doesn't hit its attacks often enough to do things like proc on-stun effects you slot , itdoesn't do any damage when it does hit, it does hit with enough frequency to keep any potential proc effects running, and it doesn't even stay on the screen most of the time because it fixates on random mobs in the back or whatever, so even if you slot double buffs on it, it still doesn't use them on c/d

it does less damage than a single 1 skill point basic attack. it has less impact than the first skill point you slot in your character by the time you hit WT4. even if you grind and get the glyph that causes them to apply vuln to level 10 so it applies 100% of the time (increases from 10% to 100, 10%/level) it is worse than base functionality exploit glyph for 3 out of 5 classes

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I tried that when they first added it and it was buggy so it sucked, I take it is actually works correctly now?

better than when you tried it. fine/good with M/KB, still could use more magnetism on controller. i still regularly miss packs of mobs i have highlighted that i could land on with a leap, but for some reason charge decides to stop way short or just veer wildly to one side

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Wudijo's no shout Double Swing build for endgame?

I haven't watched the video, but I found it. If that is what you are referencing, then I'll take a look at it when I get home.

Thanks!

Rob2628 is a more barb focused guy like Wudijo who hosts a bunch of builds on D4builds with explainers on youtube. HotA is still going to outdamage everything (and uses charge) but he has upheaval, double swing, and i think a rend out some other build there as well. maybe one of those would fit the mood of whatever you're looking for. wudijo generally has more conservatively built guides because he plays ssf HC whereas rob can do off the deep end w/expectations because he runs with a group of 4, trades for a bunch, and plays SC

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The usual D4 streamers are all making GBS threads and/or quitting on the season already. This plus layoffs = things are no bueno at Blizzard.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
He is also an avid reader of this thread. Guten tag, Rob!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
launcher says there's another dupe exploit being fixed, maybe there will be cheap duriel mats again

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
how the gently caress do they have so many dupe bugs good loving god even diablo 2 didnt have this many

its insane that the first one they found (iirc) was just the diablo 1 dupe bug but it used a trade window lol

reservoir hogs
Jan 24, 2024

egg
I hope the expansion really reworks skill trees for the existing classes instead of just adding whatever new class(es) they add.

Or at least radically rebalance things to hugely nerf the existing meta to shove things in a different direction.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Verviticus posted:

how the gently caress do they have so many dupe bugs good loving god even diablo 2 didnt have this many

its insane that the first one they found (iirc) was just the diablo 1 dupe bug but it used a trade window lol

What was the diablo 1 dupe bug?

reservoir hogs
Jan 24, 2024

egg

Verviticus posted:

I mean they have a horrible endgame loop for materials so I guess just be grateful they're bad at catching things?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Quick video on upcoming patches. Wait until Tuesday to craft stones as it looks like the amount required will be reduced.

Glad I waited to fully dive in.

https://youtu.be/VgjyTsf1qVQ?si=5vqAOKSscTYiY72d

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tarnop posted:

What was the diablo 1 dupe bug?

Drop an item or stack of gold, walk away from it, click on it to make your character walk over to pick it up, then click on a potion in your hot bar as soon as the character picks it up. The potion becomes a dupe of the item

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Tiny Timbs posted:

Drop an item or stack of gold, walk away from it, click on it to make your character walk over to pick it up, then click on a potion in your hot bar as soon as the character picks it up. The potion becomes a dupe of the item

Neat!

Patch notes are up

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Obelisk knockback gone
No pet buffs but easier levelling
More stones from everything
10 stacks of Warding per pearl up from 3

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

quote:

A new item—Igneous Cores—now exists for the purpose of accessing the Uber Vault and Echo of Malphas(confirm player-facing names).

lol

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Even the patch notes are coming in hot!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wauting for the patch before leveling some more I guess

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Oh good, I was wondering what the gently caress was up with all the goddamn knockback.
Did those notes mention fixing the obelisks reactivating after I shut them off, and not giving me a prompt to shut it off again? Cause that seems like an annoying bug, unless one of those loving clowns designed it that way on purpose(plausible)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
The drop rate of Unique Stones from Malphas increased from .25% to .5%

rob mentioned needing something like 80? kills of malphas to get both of them leveled assuming a 10% drop rate. make of this change what you will

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

How are the developers brain dead to what people want to do in an ARPG? Of course players want to fight the new boss!

Developer’s Note: We have noticed players tended to use their Pearls of Warding for fighting Echo of Malphas instead of on Zoltun’s Warding. We are adding in Igneous Cores—a new item used solely to summon Malphas instead of Pearls—so players don’t have to choose between extra protection in the Vaults or fighting the boss. Additionally, we have made the fight against Malphas more difficult but also increased the rewards it provides.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

He is also an avid reader of this thread. Guten tag, Rob!

lol is robb a goon

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

queeb posted:

lol is robb a goon

I know at least back in the day there were several blizzard employees with accounts, but I can't imagine any of them would actively choose to read this poo poo off the clock. Whole lot of team playing going on, very little cohesive feedback.

Even if that wasn't true, it's very obvious they don't even internally review their own game.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

MrMidnight posted:

We are adding in Igneous Cores—a new item used solely to summon Malphas instead of Pearls—so players don’t have to choose between extra protection in the Vaults or fighting the boss. Additionally, we have made the fight against Malphas more difficult but also increased the rewards it provides.

Lol
Lmao

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man that is awesome and hilarious that we're going to be able to insert a couple pearls and have dozens / hundreds of stacks of Warding and can just ignore the trap mechanic entirely

That'll make it a little more reasonable when the Butcher shows up in your nightmare vault and hookshots you into a trap

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Wait so the robot has a level that’s different from my level, what the hell?

And wow they fixed the gate hall map on ps5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There was a build last season which relied on the enchantment that autocasts firewall and combining it with an aspect that somehow gave you a chance of casting double firewalls or something. Something to do with meteors or incinerate?

Basically look into ways of using the firewall enchant to autocast it so you don't even have to :f5:

I have been trying to do lucky hit stuff with firewall/Meteor but I think it's only going to pop off at end game.