Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Artelier posted:

Emails have started going out for those who signed up to maybe get a free Naruto To Boruto Shinobi Striker game from Bandai Namco a while back

That's F___in' bada__

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Zedd posted:

IIRC he also was bidding for that same property as Jay Z and Beyonce. Imagine his life if he somehow met Beyonce and JayZ and went to that Snoop party. He'd probably be some sort of socialite now, but nope. Man chose hate and conspiracy.

Anyway Endless Legend is a cool game.

i really don't think a shut in game programmer who thinks candy walls are cool would last 20 minutes at a party with snoop tbh

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Artelier posted:

Emails have started going out for those who signed up to maybe get a free Naruto To Boruto Shinobi Striker game from Bandai Namco a while back

the costs of a "free" game

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

i really don't think a shut in game programmer who thinks candy walls are cool would last 20 minutes at a party with snoop tbh

I suspect Snoop parties attract a lot of stoned young people who would absolutely love a wall of candy.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
The candy wall came with the house. Notch didn't install it himself.

The candy wall only works if you constantly have a crew over hanging at your place or you constantly throw wild parties.

As rotund and poorly fed as Notch is, there is no chance that he can consume enough candy before it starts rotting. It has already been pulled out and lies cold and empty.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fill it with lego.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fill it with dice

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Fill it with friends?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
If you fill two adjacent ones with water and lava, you could mine infinite obsidian out of it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

StoryTime posted:

If you fill two adjacent ones with water and lava, you could mine infinite obsidian out of it.

you idiot, you moron, you somethingawfulforumsmoderator, that would make infinite cobblestone

smdh

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2667690/TEST_TEST_TEST/

TEST TEST TEST is neat looking free game that came out last week

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Go RV! posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2667690/TEST_TEST_TEST/

TEST TEST TEST is neat looking free game that came out last week

This looks cool, and ProtonDB seems to suggest it works on Deck as well

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Fine I'll add it to my library.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Mordheim City of the Damned free on GoG

https://www.gog.com/en/game/mordheim_city_of_the_damned

The giveaway link is something like:
https://www.gog.com/giveaway/claim

It's never worked for me...

E: Fixed giveaway link, had to go back to page 280 to get past all the Minecraft/Notch bullshit and back to free games.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Mordheim City of the Damned free on GoG

https://www.gog.com/en/game/mordheim_city_of_the_damned

The giveaway link is something like:
https://www.gog.com/giveaway/claim

It's never worked for me...

E: Fixed giveaway link, had to go back to page 280 to get past all the Minecraft/Notch bullshit and back to free games.

"The version on GOG does not include online features. As a token of apology, we added the DLC "HIRED SWORDS DLC BUNDLE 2 - Doomweaver + Wolf-Priest of Ulric" into the base game."

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

OgNar posted:

"The version on GOG does not include online features.

steamworks lock-in moment

this is why games are tending to use epics services more instead

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Infinifactory is this week's free Epic game. Do you want a Zachtronics game about building factories? Well, you're getting one either way, so embrace the optimization puzzle.

EDIT: Oh, and next week's free game is Doors: Paradox, a cute little puzzle game I wouldn't go out of my way to buy but seems like a fun little game to play if you get it for free. (Yes, "you can't play games you get for free", we all know about not playing free games.)

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 25, 2024

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Infinifactory is great, I've owned it for years and never finished it because it gets very difficult.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

site posted:

If getting stoned and playing xbox is too wild of a party for notch, idk what there is to be done with him.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

EDIT: Oh, and next week's free game is Doors: Paradox, a cute little puzzle game I wouldn't go out of my way to buy but seems like a fun little game to play if you get it for free. (Yes, "you can't play games you get for free", we all know about not playing free games.)

I played this a few months ago and it's excellent, highly recommended if you like The Room and House Of Da Vinci.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Good run of games on EGS. Had my eye on Infinifactory for a while and played a good amount of Opus Magnum recently, interested to see how other Zachtronics games differ. Also added Doors: Paradox to my Steam wishlist a while back on a whim but probably wasn't going to actually buy it any time soon, I'll be sure to grab it when it comes up on the rotation.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Zachtronic's Zach has been making puzzlers for decades. One of which was Infiniminer, which inspired Notch to make Minecraft.

And that was the only idea he ever had. The collaboration with C418's music helped alot to develop its mood. Everything past that has been an abject failure. He even got his name taken off the credits by the Mojang team after being too racist online.

Now he does nothing but game alone in his Beverly Hills mansion and browse 4chan and racist discords.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He had another idea, it was that spaceship game that was going to have that programmable computer in it. Then people went nuts with the emulator for that computer and that became much more interesting than whatever his game was supposed to be so he just gave up.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
it wasn't even a good computer

https://fail0verflow.com/blog/2012/dcpu-16-review/

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A couple of Portal 2 alumni were fooling around with a spaceship game that involved fiddling with computers, though in that case it was an emulated Apple II instead of some invention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLMNnEpu5Nc

Hasn't been any news on it in a couple of years, though, so who knows if it's still a thing.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Didnt he also work on wurm?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Celeste 64 is free on itch.io.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
The beast inside is free on GOG for the next 67 hours!
(anyone ever heard of this game?)

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Gun Jam posted:

The beast inside is free on GOG for the next 67 hours!
(anyone ever heard of this game?)

The demo made some waves in the "people yelling at horror games" community on Youtube, but as far as I can tell it didn't exactly stick the landing once you got past the initial haunted house segments and into parts with more gameplay. So, it could be worse but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Is there no freebie on Epic today? It shows Doki Doki Literature Club coming soon, but otherwise has a big icon for "Free Games" which shows Genshin and stuff like that. ( Unless I'm just early? )

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Is there no freebie on Epic today? It shows Doki Doki Literature Club coming soon, but otherwise has a big icon for "Free Games" which shows Genshin and stuff like that. ( Unless I'm just early? )

Doors is loading for me here https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/doors-paradox-5896c7

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

DDLC has always been free, hasn't it?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

FFT posted:

DDLC has always been free, hasn't it?

I believe it is for Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! which is the paid version with slightly more content

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Boxes: Lost Fragments is finally available, and I am very happy the developers delayed it for this long so that it could be polished.
It's much easier than The Room, but still a lot of fun.
Their previous game, Doors: Paradox, is currently free on Epic so check it out if you like puzzle games.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

All this time I thought that Doki Doki Literature Club was some dumb dating simulator.
I've been playing it for the past five hours, and man it is hosed up.
Love it.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

The Mighty Moltres posted:

All this time I thought that Doki Doki Literature Club was some dumb dating simulator.
I've been playing it for the past five hours, and man it is hosed up.
Love it.

So uhh... what is it?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

revtoiletduck posted:

So uhh... what is it?

hosed up, like they said

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
If you enjoy subversive games and the phrase "man it is hosed up" appeals to you, it's best to experience it yourself unspoiled.

If you want to know more about what you're getting into: It pretends it's going to be a dating sim at the start, but fairly quickly drops to mild horror, reveals that the girls are all have some serious issues, and eventually starts to break the fourth wall and talk to you, the player.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's definitely best when you go into it expecting a cute slice of life visual novel, which also limits its potential audience because there's only a certain segment of the population that's going to play a game on that basis. It used to be free which lowered the barrier of entry enough to expand the playerbase, and when it got popular through word of mouth I guess the developer decided to add some more content and re-release it. I'm curious how the added stuff interacts with the original game, it did feel like there was room to expand but I wonder if it ends up in the same place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
the original is still free