Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RavenousScoot

Sarah Cenia posted:

I'm trying to play some earthbound every day because it seems that the second I put a hobby on the back burner it is DEAD TO ME according to my brain

this was my downfall with many rpgs.. metroidvanias... hell even a lot of shows which is why I don't watch many or fall off after hiatus

I put a game down for juuust too long for me to remember what I was doing and it's like oops, well, guess I'll maybe try again in a few years

anything that involved I gotta power through and hope I don't get stupid busy

e: hell, it even happened twice specifically to earthbound like 5 years apart, and I still never finished it

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

RavenousScoot posted:

this was my downfall with many rpgs.. metroidvanias... hell even a lot of shows which is why I don't watch many or fall off after hiatus

I put a game down for juuust too long for me to remember what I was doing and it's like oops, well, guess I'll maybe try again in a few years

anything that involved I gotta power through and hope I don't get stupid busy

e: hell, it even happened twice specifically to earthbound like 5 years apart, and I still never finished it

yup.
same with Monster Hunter, Dragon's Dogma, any of the Dark Souls games, lots of RPGs...

Fighting games are a total no-go, same with anything that has involved control schemes or battle systems...

I really only have the attention span for F-Zero 99 nowadays. 3 minute races. Before that it was Red Dead Redemption 2 but I was mostly birdwatching and exploring and also only ever played on edibles.

still beat it tho

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Finger Prince

Sarah Cenia posted:

yup.
same with Monster Hunter, Dragon's Dogma, any of the Dark Souls games, lots of RPGs...

Fighting games are a total no-go, same with anything that has involved control schemes or battle systems...

I really only have the attention span for F-Zero 99 nowadays. 3 minute races. Before that it was Red Dead Redemption 2 but I was mostly birdwatching and exploring and also only ever played on edibles.

still beat it tho

Better than I managed. I don't think I've ever finished a Rockstar game since GTA3. They're amazing worlds, but eventually I get to a point of there being too much to do and I forgot what priority is what, where I am in the story, what the story even is, what I'm trying to accomplish, oh well I guess I'll just wander around and explore, get bored of that and stop playing.

baka of lathspell

Finger Prince posted:

Better than I managed. I don't think I've ever finished a Rockstar game since GTA3. They're amazing worlds, but eventually I get to a point of there being too much to do and I forgot what priority is what, where I am in the story, what the story even is, what I'm trying to accomplish, oh well I guess I'll just wander around and explore, get bored of that and stop playing.

in the warriors which is one of these They have this impossible graffiti mission that has foredoomed my playage on hardcore

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

i literally refuse to edit that post atm

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I like your post, I totally understood it

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Scuba Trooper

Philippe posted:

no worries friend

also I'm playing the outer worlds! (space new vegas) It's better than people said at the time. It's pretty clear that the Fallout designers (Tim Cain and the other guy) made this game, because it's Fallout as hell

ive been meaning to give this another shot, especially since i got the spacers choice version for free on epic

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Finished Mario Wonder, the final final stage should be banned forever to hell. Then I remembered I was still playing Kirby and the forgotten game so I started that up again. Games? They're good! Check em out

Finger Prince

I finally finished BG3. I was going to jump right in with a new campaign, but, actually no. I'm good. Satisfied. The two endings I chose to do were an excellent end to the story. I'll put it on the shelf for a while.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I've decided to stop playing Void Stranger for a week. I just managed to complete a full run without the VOID status for the first time. Intense.

Finger Prince

Swordsman VR is a kind of fun for about 20 minutes before the motion sickness kicks in. I could see it getting really boring and repetitive but thankfully/unfortunately I get to the point where I have to take the goggles off before I get there.
Fantavision 2020 VR mode is chill AF and reminds me of playing OG Fantavision on drugs back in the day.

Scuba Trooper

getting back into disco elysium after letting it sit for a while and omg. its so good. i havent beaten it yet but i'm in it to "win" it

Ass-penny

Scuba Trooper posted:

getting back into disco elysium after letting it sit for a while and omg. its so good. i havent beaten it yet but i'm in it to "win" it

:allears: pray tell what day is it and what are you are politics going to be

Scuba Trooper

i picked up my last save where I leaned into being a drug-addled superstar and a money-grubbing ultraliberal

got to the tribunal at the end of day 5 (i think?). oh my god that was stressful

EVIL Gibson

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
I used to play long games and complete them. Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 1 and 2. Puybso much time into EverQuest, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest 2, and WoW.

Now I play a game where I'm a network engineer robotman underground for hours trying to make the perfect packet filter to get those bits per second up for $$$$

There are monsters in this game too, but I turn that off because I just only care about making those bit rates stay above dial up rates.

Tunnet

Ass-penny

Scuba Trooper posted:

i picked up my last save where I leaned into being a drug-addled superstar and a money-grubbing ultraliberal

got to the tribunal at the end of day 5 (i think?). oh my god that was stressful

oh dip, you are on the home stretch! go get em, hustler

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I figure now's a good time to get into Frostpunk.

Prof. Crocodile

i have started the elden ring :negative:

FutonForensic

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i have started the elden ring :negative:

oooh elden ring

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
obligatory :goatse: joke

ToastGhost

20% cooler
I'm not touching Elden Ring until I beat the Dark Souls 3 DLCs and Sekiro, but I have only myself to blame. I'm so out of practice I had to start a new file on both of them. Oh well, that just means more souls for the taking.

Ass-penny

Visions of Valerie posted:

obligatory :goatse: joke

the Ring is right there in the title

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
bookworm has always owned and it still does

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

rear end-penny posted:

the Ring is right there in the title

there we go. i feel better now thanks

Ass-penny

Visions of Valerie posted:

there we go. i feel better now thanks

:haibrow: I typed up a joke about it and ultimately deleted it like I do 90% of my posts but yeah, the game name is basically a Lego brick that joins up with existing forums jokes.

calhoun
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Ness is a freaky boy with freaky powers

Philippe

(she/her)
SIR GIDEON OFNIR, THE ALLLL-KNOWING

kalel

rear end-penny posted:

:haibrow: I typed up a joke about it and ultimately deleted it like I do 90% of my posts but yeah, the game name is basically a Lego brick that joins up with existing forums jokes.

lol it's true

Farecoal

There he go

Philippe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssncnO5GeaM

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

been back in my grim dawn bullshit again

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Prof. Crocodile

Philippe posted:

yeah that intro was just a wee bit over the top

Ass-penny

re: bg3

if this was my first brush with the Dungeons & Dragons IP I would be shocked to learn later that there isn't actually buried treasure everywhere

Scuba Trooper

beat disco and oh my god what a game. Kim deserves a medal

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I'm watching supergreatfriend's let's play of nier automata. I wasn't expecting the clown tank!

Ass-penny

Scuba Trooper posted:

beat disco and oh my god what a game. Kim deserves a medal

he really does, the abuse and unprofessionalism he tolerates are astounding. congratulations :cheersdoge:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Scuba Trooper

he commented on my rampant drug use ("mostly amphetamines") but had my back

no spoilers but i implore all players to dabble in cryptozoology

Farecoal

There he go

Scuba Trooper posted:

he commented on my rampant drug use ("mostly amphetamines") but had my back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQRdm5_fknk

Ass-penny

lmaoooo but also spoilers if'n you haven't played the game

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
palworld is real good, my best fox buddy Jeremy "warcrimes" fenton and I have been bringing peace to a tropical paradise for two days now

Im wielding a fox as a flamethrower and its sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
and to save my pals, I only enslave the slavers for work in my base