Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

itshappening.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Plane Jane might be forcing herself into the villain role this season (oh my god the stupidness of doing shady voting and then panicking she might get caught doing it is so pathetic for being an actual villain) but I'm convinced the real natural, and therefore funnier, villain this season is Plasma. Talk about a huge perceived:actual talent ratio.

"I'm obviously competing for the seamstress of the season" *walks out in a black bedsheet with a slit cut in it with all the confidence in the world*

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0tNFSO_3dQ

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Week 4 - Act One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpGN41u6hnw

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This cast has some of the best chemistry in a long time. Up there with season 5

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Eej posted:

Plane Jane might be forcing herself into the villain role this season (oh my god the stupidness of doing shady voting and then panicking she might get caught doing it is so pathetic for being an actual villain) but I'm convinced the real natural, and therefore funnier, villain this season is Plasma. Talk about a huge perceived:actual talent ratio.

"I'm obviously competing for the seamstress of the season" *walks out in a black bedsheet with a slit cut in it with all the confidence in the world*

I thought the exact same thing re: Plane Jane. A true villain would look forward to that reveal but she turned so pathetic

Idk, I don't enjoy her shtick at all personally

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The full Meatball as Megami performance:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7326105994772155690

(Love that Megami is going along with the gag.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Flopping with a memeable talent show is better than being safe with a forgettable one

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Given how much I see Meatball on social media lately, I sometimes wonder if she'd ever been on Drag Race, but no. Looking at her wikipedia, apparently she was on season 1 of Dragula, which is the only season I've seen, and I don't really remember anyone except for the hosts. Has she ever said she would go on Drag Race? Does WoW have a ban on anyone who first appeared on Dragula? I know some Ru girls have gone on to do Dragula, but haven't heard of the reverse.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Has Ru ever even acknowledged Dragula's existence? Or any other drag competition show for that matter

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'd assume that DR has more than enough applications to not need to worry about pulling Dragula people in.

I don't see Meatball trying out for the show at this point, especially being in the MOM suite of shows.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

gandlethorpe posted:

Has Ru ever even acknowledged Dragula's existence? Or any other drag competition show for that matter

I don't think Ru is aware of anything that's happened in the world outside of Drag Race since the late 2000s.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Chewbecca posted:

I thought the exact same thing re: Plane Jane. A true villain would look forward to that reveal but she turned so pathetic

Idk, I don't enjoy her shtick at all personally

Plane Jane not going full hog with villainy would be an incredible cop out

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The drama already :munch:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

"Gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss!"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
This Barbra fight is giving flashbacks to season 4 when Phi Phi assigned the spooky character to Sharon, who got offended, and ended up winning the challenge. Isn't that the episode where we got the classic, "Go back to party city, bitch!" line?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

FUUUUUUUUUCK

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:stare:

(she's at Roscoe's tonight I can only imagine the reaction)

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pan Dulce posted:

FUUUUUUUUUCK

Wooooooow! Mirage was eating up that lip sync, I'm stunned that they sent her home, even though she definitely bombed the challenge

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

This season is. BRINGING. IT.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I don't want to be "that bitch" about hating on minority queens for not being in the bottom, but goddamnit Ru, Mh'iya sucks. She's continually sucked. Why has she not been in the bottom two and lip-synced? Ru hated Mirage's look, but did she even SEE Mh'iya's?

It figures the SMG episode would bring highs and lows. Highs in that snotty Dawn got hosed over by Plasma, who killed it. I hate mean girls schtick. I was hoping for bottom for Dawn, but she's fine safe, I GUESS. :fuckoff: Dawn, you pushed Plasma into the Barbra role because she wanted the news-anchor role.

Sad Mirage left. Her heart was crushed. But still, you had the moves, but if you don't know the lyrics... poo poo man.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting
Tonight's episode: I have never cried actual tears at an elimination until tonight. Holy poo poo Mirage broke my heart! It's going to be hard for me to watch the rest of this season.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I do really low key kind of love Amanda and I hope she gets a good make up glow up once she's eliminated.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I kinda thought Amanda should've been in the top over Q, her role wasn't the most prominent but her performance felt the most natural. But I'm fine with Plasma's win. They're totally Janning the gently caress out of Q, lol

I'm really sad about Mirage because she absolutely loving killed that lipsync, it's just that her lips don't match.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

I haven't really felt engaged with the franchise properly since DRT S2.......

Therefore appreciate that I will be early posting due to being a future gay on a Saturday arvo here in Australia, so I will use the spoiler tags having already watched this weeks episode and untucked.

Amanda comment in Untucked: "I'm an intuitive person" (in reference to Plane Jane's cuntery) was giving me Deanna Troi "Captain Picard..... I am sensing hostility......:ughh:" when the Enterprise gets attacked vibes.
Also I am absolutely loving dead at the thought of all these straight guys sending horny messages to these managed OF content producers, only to be getting roleplay gaslighting replies from Amanda doing her day job. Massive respect to the hustle on that one.

Dawn: I've known people like this, getting those misplaced confidence, and extremely catty signals from this one. Watch this space!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
This elimination hurts

Also Mhyia's Cher looks like she was going for Megami's Cher look and I really thought that was what she was going for.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 27, 2024

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ok, now that I'm emotionally recovering... How was Morphine safe?

Plasma owned this episode right from the Barbara confessional at the beginning.

Glad Mhi'ya had a moment to charm the hell out of everyone.

Eagerly looking forward to Q's meltdown.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm really sad about Mirage because she absolutely loving killed that lipsync, it's just that her lips don't match.

You can't win a lipsync with all sync and no lip. I love her, but this song is tough, especially since she doesn't seem the type to know Cher songs.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
That episode hurt. It’s tragic to see someone bare their heart on the stage, especially when they’re eliminated like that. Realistically, it had to go that way but it still sucks.

I’m honestly feeling pretty mid about Dawn. At first, I thought I was going to love her but each episode that goes on, I’m not really having an amazing “wow” moment from her and her edit hasn’t been super flattering. I’ll have to see how things go but right now Sapphira and Nymphia have my heart.

I must also say I called at the editing of Plasma rambling about Barbra in the confessional. The editors knew what they were doing.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jan 27, 2024

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
You have got to learn the lyrics. Even if it's just a few lines you can hammer home, then try to flub the rest :shrug:

Nymphia is my favourite so far and I hope she snatches the crown!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Do the queens not all get told in advance what the lip sync song is gonna be so they can prep it? I always assumed they did but Mirage literally looked like she'd never heard it before

There is such a huge gulf in class between the top half and the bottom half it's ridiculous

Plasma's Babsfessional was loving gold

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Rarity posted:

Do the queens not all get told in advance what the lip sync song is gonna be so they can prep it? I always assumed they did but Mirage literally looked like she'd never heard it before

From what I remember, they usually do, but production Riga morris can change the song that very night to one the competitor who they want to win, knows. It happen in Jinkx v. Detox and almost happened in Jimbo v. Kandy.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ru Paul emerges from behind the desk for a wide camera stage shot dancing. The harvest will be good this year

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I can't believe I'm feeling empathy for plane Jane but the fact she had clearly been crying in the first scene gave it a very different feel once it was pointed out to me

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I know way more iconic cher looks by sight than I would have thought before this

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I love watching people have mild panic attacks on stage... Not!!!! Rip mirage I love you I think it shouldn't have mattered you didn't know the words you were amazing

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the untucked context for mirage not knowing the words is so heartbreaking and now I'm rewatching buffy. Great untucked episode and tbh the editors did good work this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

This has been a very good season so far and tbh the only critique I have is they need to introduce the fame game poo poo in some form to have a specific "official" look at early out queens looks so I don't need to trawl twitter or insta looking for them