Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
changed my mind. we gotta get rid of kongou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WFD?

I'm making a meatloaf but they've been too bland lately so I dumped a 1/2 cup of chopped jalapenos into the mix.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

can i threaten to beat people up in this thread

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
it is nice enough to eat on the patio in DC today so we are eating Irish pub patio food for dinner tonight

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ohtori Akio posted:

changed my mind. we gotta get rid of kongou

"kongou" is an anagram of "no goku" he must be killed

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

an egg posted:

only if it is peaceful violence

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

threaten to lay hands (hug)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

an egg posted:

No, but you can in doom econ. Hell most of them need their asses kicked.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

thank you, friends. i'll take that into consideration when planning my next outburst

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

No, but you can in doom econ. Hell most of them need their asses kicked.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

an egg posted:

only if i can post the dick pregnancy comic in here

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

only if i can post the dick pregnancy comic in here

compromise: you can post it, but only in pyf where everyone will jack off to it

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

i have decided to fight you all, one by one. if you get beaten up, that's your problem. if i get beaten up, that's justice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

jalapeños were the missing ingredient :discourse:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Love the deranged gbs and pyf types

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Mr Hootington posted:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Mr Hootington posted:

peacefully]: you'll meet even more different types of people when you try powering on your monitor, too

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Doom econ needs to be closed for the weekend

selec
Sep 6, 2003

man i was just thinking the other day i hope the peace thread comes back. good to see it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Something's got all the rich computer touchers upset in multiple threads

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

jalapeños were the missing ingredient :discourse:

aw yiss

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

being effortlessly defeated by the moderators has calmed my furious heart and now i am ready to join the party

selec
Sep 6, 2003

gm peace thread, i found this song recently that I'm going to sample, or maybe just throw onto a mixtape called Da Funky Counselor or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PwvntnvRUE

"Recorded in 1974 under the auspices of a senior project at a small Quaker boarding school in Newtown, Pennsylvania, “Eternal Life” is the product of Shira Small’s four years away from the Wagner Projects in East Harlem. In Harlem, Small grew up imitating Ray Charles, the Temptations, Ella Fitzgerald—and Joni Mitchell. “When I was younger, I could do a great Joni Mitchell imitation,” Small remembered. “I used to really nail it.”

JFC a high school senior's project!

selec has issued a correction as of 14:50 on Jan 27, 2024

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

we have a volunteer for ik

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Doom econ needs to be closed permanently

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Here's another beaut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNk2U3wcl8o

Nothing but Triple A Piano Destroyers for the best thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

woke up this morning thinking about how i was living in brooklyn when that jay z song where alicia keys sings "lets hear it for new york" came out. did they force everyone else in the country to listen to that song 24)7 for a time

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Al! posted:

woke up this morning thinking about how i was living in brooklyn when that jay z song where alicia keys sings "lets hear it for new york" came out. did they force everyone else in the country to listen to that song 24)7 for a time

every time I walked onto the bodega that song would be playing, and we'd chop it up behind the counter as the chopped cheeses were prepared

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Al! posted:

they sure loving did

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

da yankees baby love da yankees. granted i lived there at the time but the obama years felt very new york focused culturally. obama loved new york, didn't give a single poo poo about chicago anymore. thanks for the help up lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

my bony fealty posted:

every time I walked onto the bodega that song would be playing, and we'd chop it up behind the counter as the chopped cheeses were prepared

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1014940775757635591?s=20

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

aw frig aw dang it posted:

they sure loving did

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

that should have been our first red flag because nobody was saying "chop it up" in 2018

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Bodegas... truly there is nothing more unique than a dirty corner store that sells bofh ciggies and worryingly mushy apples

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

:thanks:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Bodegas... truly there is nothing more unique than a dirty corner store that sells bofh ciggies and worryingly mushy apples

billboards, streets, public transportation.... only in new york babyyyyy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Peaceful idea for any up and coming sketch comedians out there: 'Only in New York' music montage that is filmed in a bunch of cities that aren't New York. Chicago corner store, Toronto subway, Seoul version of Time Square

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

selec posted:

gm peace thread, i found this song recently that I'm going to sample, or maybe just throw onto a mixtape called Da Funky Counselor or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PwvntnvRUE

"Recorded in 1974 under the auspices of a senior project at a small Quaker boarding school in Newtown, Pennsylvania, “Eternal Life” is the product of Shira Small’s four years away from the Wagner Projects in East Harlem. In Harlem, Small grew up imitating Ray Charles, the Temptations, Ella Fitzgerald—and Joni Mitchell. “When I was younger, I could do a great Joni Mitchell imitation,” Small remembered. “I used to really nail it.”

JFC a high school senior's project!

I liked that; she kind of reminds me of sarah vaughan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3UKKR_JtsQ

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

I liked that; she kind of reminds me of sarah vaughan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3UKKR_JtsQ

hell yeah this is nice. she really gets gooey with it towards the end there, love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

selec posted:

hell yeah this is nice. she really gets gooey with it towards the end there, love it

"I Love Brazil" (1977) is my favorite album of hers.