Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My "Not a rapist" posting keeps answering the question you keep replying with.

Edit: lol didn't mean to start a page off with this, just so we're clear this is a joke on RG3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Post the political burrito

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I kinda want a burrito now but I'm also doing tacos tomorrow with friends so it's a very minor dillema.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I had a steak and eggs breakfast burrito from a hole in the wall Mexican joint with a drive thru this morning. It ruled.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

pmchem posted:

just watched sydney sweeney's "hot ones" episode and she is straight up loving insane and did all the wings without taking a drink of anything

She grew up in Spokane, don’t be surprised at the lengths she needs to go to in order to not feel dead inside

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pmchem posted:

just watched sydney sweeney's "hot ones" episode and she is straight up loving insane and did all the wings without taking a drink of anything

A few weeks ago, David Samson (former Marlins President and now podcaster) ate the spiciest sauces from the show without so a flinch. He said he hasn't had a sense of taste or smell for a year since getting COVID. It was like it was nothing to him. He confirmed it was real sauce the next day by describing the pain on exit

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jan 27, 2024

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

swickles posted:

A few weeks ago, David Samson (former Marlins President and now podcaster) ate the spiciest sauces from the show without so a flinch. He said he hasn't had a sense of taste or smell for a year since getting COVID. It was kike it was nothing to him. He confirmed it was real sauce the next day by describing the pain on exit

hell of a freudian slip there boss :eyepop:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I kinda want a burrito now but I'm also doing tacos tomorrow with friends so it's a very minor dillema.

Too much mexican food? I've never heard of such a thing

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Weekend plans:

Tonight we're watching my nieces so my sister and her wife can go out
Tomorrow is gonna be a bunch of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and then board games with our board game crew
Sunday is gonna be cycling a metric century and football and work and more Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Gonna own, my dudes.

Post the Artisinal Board Games

I think I can put together a 5P board game group (GF and some of her D&D nerd friends) and I think I wanna get Moonrakers because it looks like a fun space game with player interaction, but it’s a Kickstarter game that I haven’t heard talked about out over in TG

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

pmchem posted:

hell of a freudian slip there boss :eyepop:

Swickles just having a heated gaming moment is all!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I blame touchscreen phone keyboards

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

T-Square posted:

I think I can put together a 5P board game group (GF and some of her D&D nerd friends) and I think I wanna get Moonrakers because it looks like a fun space game with player interaction, but it’s a Kickstarter game that I haven’t heard talked about out over in TG

Moonrakers is fantastic, one of our group's favorite faster games. Way it works is on each player's turn, they have to pick a contract that has a bunch of card requirements and rewards points, money and sometimes cards. But are mostly too difficult to do solo, so you need to find people to help you for a cut of the profits. You then turn around and buy better cards / ship parts with your profits, and it's a race to 10 points. Great, great game. There's also a couple expansions that do things like give you an extra benefit for teaming up with people and a very degenerate expansion that introduces way more upgraded cards as well as new mission types. I love that last one, but it lets the game get very silly towards the end as you can like burn through 30 cards by yourself no problem soloing the hardest contracts, which does help the "no one will help the dude who needs 2 points to win" drag the game can have. Fully recommend the base game to start, it's pretty great right out of the box

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

T-Square posted:

Dunno what we're playing yet! Group hasn't gotten together since before the holidays and one guy buys new ones all the time, so probably something he picked up.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I recently got Divinity Original Sin: The Board Game, which I apparently kickstarted back in 2018 and showed up a bit over a month ago, so our group started cranking through that as a legacy game. It's pretty neat and I think they did a solid job converting that into a board game, and it's really fun having a solid idea of where everything's gonna go and just letting the others who haven't played it just make all the choices.

The guy whose house we play at compiled a list and he has... 24 games he kickstarted that are supposed to come in still.

We have so many games that have never hit the table, SMH.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I wish I had people to play board games with, but no dice! :sigh:

I am going to a cat cafe Thursday apparently, so that's great! My coworker legit thought I would judge her for wanting to sip coffee while surrounded with cats. Like, negatively! That woman be anxious.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Take pictures of the cats!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I wish I could get into board games, same with drinking games. Everytime they come up I have this internal primal “uuuuuuuuugh”

Lemme just drink in peace

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh god there's a second season of that farmer bachelor show.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

My "Not a rapist" posting keeps answering the question you keep replying with.

Edit: lol didn't mean to start a page off with this, just so we're clear this is a joke on RG3.

MrLogan posted:

I kinda want the light bulb to go off in RG3's head one day and he posts the artisanal burrito. Remember, he's permabanned for the burrito, not the rape stuff.

It probably didn't even need to be a good burrito. Just a picture of a burrito he attempted to make. The thing that keeps coming back to me is that he could probably skate at least for a while if he didn't make it obvious he's RG3, and wasn't weird about stuff. Perhaps I'm frugal but if I'm just burning 10 bucks at a time I'll start smoking again instead of doing this. The pack would last longer than an average run here for him.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ok Blind post your Sourdough recipe, my only questions are if you got a live yeast going, if it’s room temp (moved mine to the fridge to slow it down) and if you had to feed it a few hours beforehand to prime it (and how I’d adjust feeding time with it being in the fridge)…….and altitude I’ll still have to eyeball it

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

A cord of wood is huge, but me and my axe are made of steel

https://imgur.com/a/iKanC68

I’m warm as gently caress

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Got an appointment moved around and I do indeed have early-stage diabetic retinopathy, even though I manage my blood glucose absurdly well. Just part of the family curse.

Got an exam at Shopko Optical scheduled for a week and a half from now, since I get one (plus one set of frames and lenses) every year on Iowa Medicaid, and since contacts + reading glasses are not an option for me--I have a virulently negative reaction and phobia of anything touching my eyeballs--bifocals / transition lenses it's gonna be.

At least I'll be able to do the crossword in the paper, and do readings at AA meetings, without having to remove my glasses for every other crossword clue or passage from the Big Book.

Edit: My fiancée has been screaming at me that my eyes are going since last year, my best friend gave me side-eye when we went out to lunch a week or two ago and I had to lift up my glasses to actually read the menu, and I was doing a reading from Grapevine (monthly AA magazine) at tonight's meeting and kept having to remove my glasses and re-focus on the page, and after I was done, this lovely lady who is a longtime member of the Friday night group said to me, "Tim, how old are you?"

"Well, Elisa, I'll be 40 on July 31."

She said, "And when was your last eye exam?"

Thought about it, remembered it was when I first moved back to Iowa in 2021, and said, "June 2021, so it'll be three years since then."

She smiled and said to me, "I think it's time, my friend, the need for reading glasses or whatever else isn't just here, it's been here for a bit." And if a 71-year-old woman attending an AA meeting on Zoom can see that I am having trouble reading small print ... yep. Just gotta accept the aging process.

Timby fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jan 27, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Don’t know how you can do all that hospital stuff, last time I had any kind of a visit I went to an urgent care right before the lockdown with pneumonia. Which looked bad cause it was day one with a new warehouse manager who was doing a meet and greet. I was pale and out of breath, within 5 minutes “I gotta go”

Lockdown happened 2 weeks later and all of the managers begging me to comeback cause they didn’t use computers to track anything and it was all in my head.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 27, 2024

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a sexual elk posted:

Don’t know how you can do all that hospital stuff, last time I had any kind of a visit I went to an urgent care right before the lockdown with pneumonia. Surprising cause it was day one with a new warehouse manager who was doing a meet and greet. I was pale and out of breath, within 5 minutes “I gotta go”

I had to get used to it real quickly starting in January 2016, when I was told by an ED attending that I should have been dead from how many blood clots I had, and from how much time I've spent in hospitals and clinics and doctors' offices since then.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I mean, gently caress

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Like my wife owns our home and pulls in 40k a year and we’re still week to week. It’s crazy. I’m terrified of needing any kind of health care because it’d break us. She always jokes men will do anything to avoid a doctor, well no poo poo I don’t have a few grand laying around

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

a sexual elk posted:

Like my wife owns our home and pulls in 40k a year and we’re still week to week. It’s crazy. I’m terrified of needing any kind of health care because it’d break us. She always jokes men will do anything to avoid a doctor, well no poo poo I don’t have a few grand laying around

There's nothing fun about being broke. (Hell, I couldn't afford toilet paper and toothpaste tonight because I only have a few bucks in my account and my debit card got declined; Iowa SNAP doesn't cover non-food items.) But there is one perk: Medicaid is really fuckin' great ... unless you're trying to get approval for a kyphoplasty to fix your broken back.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Don’t get me wrong, we’ve had 2 kids under Medi-Cal completely free (room and board for the both of us, both extended) thank god we live in a civilized state

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Why I’m all for Newsom, he’s a greasy San Fran Dem but what the the gently caress else do us poor got going for us? Least that Mayor Quimby is punching up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

What's a good restaurant for lunch in Escondido? Next week, I am going for a day trip for work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Newsom just vetoed a law making it illegal to discriminate based on Caste which makes me wonder how many Brahmins are donating to some SuperPac for his inevitable 2028 presidential run.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Ok Blind post your Sourdough recipe, my only questions are if you got a live yeast going, if it’s room temp (moved mine to the fridge to slow it down) and if you had to feed it a few hours beforehand to prime it (and how I’d adjust feeding time with it being in the fridge)…….and altitude I’ll still have to eyeball it

I'll post the deets tomorrow for ya bruv. I'm out atm and don't have my book.

Yeah I got a little starter goin. I keep mine in the fridge if I'm not using it and feed it once a week.

If I want ro use it on the weekend I'll take it out wednesday and triple feed it every day and keep it out. Make the dough Saturday and let it rest til Sunday in the Fridge.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

What's a good restaurant for lunch in Escondido? Next week, I am going for a day trip for work.

Terramar Mexican Kitchen

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There any good podcasts on football history or historic events in football? Or even just like, retrospectives on whole seasons?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

There any good podcasts on football history or historic events in football? Or even just like, retrospectives on whole seasons?

For the NFL or college?

College podcast Split Zone Duo has done a few episodes of a series they call Dead Letters about college programs that have declined, and why (see: Nebraska). It’s behind their Substack subscription, but it’s well worth your time.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh you're right I should have specified the NFL there but I'll def check that one out, that sounds intriguing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheKingslayer posted:

Oh you're right I should have specified the NFL there but I'll def check that one out, that sounds intriguing.

Not a podcast exactly but if you haven't already seen it check out Jon Bois's thing on the Falcons. There's a lot going on there, and a lot of material.

Generally not happy material, but entertaining material.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Anything Jon Bois is pretty great tbf

Dumbest boy alive
My favorite worst baseball player
222-0

All classics

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

What if Barry Bonds played baseball without a bat is how I explain the value of walks to ppl learning baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

a sexual elk posted:

Don’t get me wrong, we’ve had 2 kids under Medi-Cal completely free (room and board for the both of us, both extended) thank god we live in a civilized state

Wife and I both have “good insurance” and our daughter’s completely uncomplicated birth ran us like ~6k out of pocket. The bills were hilarious because they filed about 35k of charges with insurance.

America!