Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Very loud warning

https://twitter.com/shitposts_mp4/status/1750730296872337822

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Pogonodon posted:

Unfortunately for all of you, I DO remember.

This says fresh horsemeat. It's in Dutch, French, and German. I've never seen anything like this in Belgium and I've seems some weird poo poo.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The packaging and the meat are like what I can get in my local Carrefour, but it's unclear what the rest of it even is.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So the blob on the left is melted gummies, but what's the green? Obvious answer would be spinach, but I've never seen spinach come in perfect cubes

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

So the blob on the left is melted gummies, but what's the green? Obvious answer would be spinach, but I've never seen spinach come in perfect cubes
I can picture someone freezing (leftover) cooked spinach in ice-cube trays to be reheated or tossed into soup later. I feel like we used to do that with baby food.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
My first thought was leftover takeaway/delivery palak paneer.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cubed spinach you say?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Are those still $50 for a handful?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Frozen spinach does come in vaguely cube shaped chunks here.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

stereobreadsticks posted:

My first thought was leftover takeaway/delivery palak paneer.
Mine too, some hosed up palak paneer. It doesn't make a lot of sense next to the rest of that slop, but nothing about that plate is making sense to me.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

hi guys, long time no see

i made mac and cheese and mixed in the filling for the burritos i make for lunch

my partner isn't a big fan yet but i think they'll come around

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the queen is back

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mmm weevil delight!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

cash crab posted:

hi guys, long time no see

i made mac and cheese and mixed in the filling for the burritos i make for lunch

my partner isn't a big fan yet but i think they'll come around

They're right, I can't see this as anything but a beetle centric recipe made by a raccoon

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

hurt and offended no one remarked on how wet it is

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

cash crab posted:

hurt and offended no one remarked on how wet it is

It's an unholy abomination of molten cheese and grease, it's supposed to be wet!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

you're supposed to be wet

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

cash crab posted:

you're supposed to be wet

That's what I said.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just want to crosspost this beauty

ChairmanMauzer posted:

A supposed pork tenderloin sando from somewhere in Ohio.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the breading that came from beyond.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
im probably just racist and or used to a singular culture of food prep but every street vendor food from india looks like id poo poo myself afterwards

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Would.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

im probably just racist and or used to a singular culture of food prep but every street vendor food from india looks like id poo poo myself afterwards

Indians have iron stomachs.

They could eat a dish floating in a puddle on a dirt road and suffer no ill effect while a weak bitch made foreigner eating the very same thing off a plate would poo poo nonstop for 48 hours.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

FreudianSlippers posted:

Indians have iron stomachs.

They could eat a dish floating in a puddle on a dirt road and suffer no ill effect while a weak bitch made foreigner eating the very same thing off a plate would poo poo nonstop for 48 hours.

my experience from mexico is it doesnt take that long to develop gut flora sufficient to eat whatever. 48 hours yeah but like a week+ and i've never gotten sick cross borders

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Defrosted spinach according to OP. It was indeed in frozen blocks before being microwaved :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How did that get worse than I imagined :psyduck:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pogonodon posted:

Defrosted spinach according to OP. It was indeed in frozen blocks before being microwaved :v:

love when we get to go DEEP

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i've seen something with the same texture in a creek

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

AARD VARKMAN posted:

:) that's a granola bar

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

love when we get to go DEEP

Get that horse meat deep in ya

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Alright, as promised time for the next batch. I went to a different store that had an additional flavor so the bubblegum gets skipped for now. I've already had bubblegum-flavored energy drinks before so I know what to expect there.

Today's selection, marshmallow, toffee apple and rocket ice lolly. The last one should be instantly familiar to Dutch and Belgian readers as it's a classic.

Marshmallow delivers on its promise of smelling and tasting of marshmallow. Pretty good stuff.

Rocket ice lolly is a mix of orange, raspberry and pineapple. Unfortunately the orange is pretty strong in this one overpowering the other two and it makes the sweeteners taste worse. So far the only real disappointment.

Toffee apple on the other hand is surprisingly good. Heavy on the toffee, light on the apple, goood aftertaste. Might pick it up again for that reason alone.

Overall four out of five so far being at least worth a try isn't bad and a lot better than I expected, especially as someone who dislikes artificial sweeteners.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
My teeth fell out just from reading that post. Godspeed, good goon

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The rocket ice lolly seems like an oddball choice since the flavors are normally separated, not a big surprise that it doesn't come out so good blended together with one stronger flavor.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Captain Hygiene posted:

The rocket ice lolly seems like an oddball choice since the flavors are normally separated, not a big surprise that it doesn't come out so good blended together with one stronger flavor.
Rocket pops are made to be licked base to tip or tip to base. If you just polish the tip you're a selfish popsicle enjoyer.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And get a pinky in there.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Always love a good X sandwich recipe that boils down to "put X on bread; eat"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Toasting my saltines to make sure they’re extra dry

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Garnish with a pickle, or eat immediately? Pick one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Captain Hygiene posted:

Always love a good X sandwich recipe that boils down to "put X on bread; eat"

quote:

Make Your Own Sub Sandwich

4 loaves French bread, each about 6 inches long
Soft butter or margarine
2 to 3 tablespoons thousand island salad dressing or mayonnaise
Lettuce leaves
2 cans (3 2/3 ounces each) smoked salmon, drained
4 slices caraway cheese
4 slices broiled ham
4 slices Provolone cheese
8 slices tomato
Thin onion slices
Dill pickle slices
2 cans (3 3/4 ounces each) sardines, drained, if desired
Endive leaves

Cut loaves horizontally in half. Spread cut sides with butter and salad dressing. Layer lettuce, salmon, caraway cheese, ham, Provolone cheese, tomato, onion and pickle slices and sardines on bottom halves of loaves.

Place endive on sardines and top with remaining halves of loaves. Secure with wooden picks. 4 sandwiches.

Bring along a slicing knife and a butter spreader; pick up the food at a store en route to your picnic. Beverage could be your favorite cold pop or a bottle of light wine.

Tip for picnic-happy people: your own 2-wheel fold-up grocery cart makes transporting food to and from the picnic a breeze.
You have to cut the bread...in half? :aaaaa: