Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it is basically just the Oilers' already terrible third jersey with the little bit of personality it had sanded off

dunno why the NHL keeps pushing those horrid designs

The jersey design zeitgeist slowly shifts back and forth over the years between cool designs and hideous designs as new generations of designers arrive determined to change everything to make their own mark, we've drifted back into a Hideous Design era the past couple years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

And that said, the Habs are gonna make a loving killing flipping Sean Monahan at this rate

Absolutely. It's the logical move, and while flipping a guy for a good return when you received assets to acquire him for free is almost an impossibly best case scenario of asset management, it's still gonna make me sad to see him go.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
As a Flames fan, yes Huberdeau meant to hit him. He didn’t mean for the helmet to crush him, but I have no doubt that the hit was meant to be nasty. Roslovic had some questionable actions that night. Slammed Weeger in the back, got a trip on Zary (I think) by sticking out a leg (he did get called for that one). I wouldn’t be surprised if it was simply “Gonna give this rear end in a top hat a taste of his own medicine.” It was incredibly stupid on Huberdeau’s part.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mr. Fish posted:

5 game suspension for Gallagher.

Also dear God our stadium series jerseys look awful.

Should've been at least 8. What a load of bullshit.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Come playoff time someone should hire Matt Cooke to teach their players how to kill dudes with elbows. It's effective and there are no significant repercussions.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Has anyone thought of the poor souls googling “5 guys London Ontario” when all they wanted was a burger?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Oilers are a bit scary because they're doing this without mcdavid putting up 3+ points a night since he'll just get interfered with into oblivion when ~playoff rules~ come into play.

Then again: For Edmonton Something About This Year Just Feels Different.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/nhl/status/1751027796623634841?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

These kick rear end

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

They've been trying to make the black third work forever and I think they finally did it, that's loving incredible
top tier jersey

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Wow those are fuckin slick

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

:popeye: those are sick as gently caress and should be their mains

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

They're nice but fuckin' everyone wears black. The teal is distinctive and awesome and the Sharks should stick with it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Black Stones posted:

As a Flames fan, yes Huberdeau meant to hit him. He didn’t mean for the helmet to crush him, but I have no doubt that the hit was meant to be nasty. Roslovic had some questionable actions that night. Slammed Weeger in the back, got a trip on Zary (I think) by sticking out a leg (he did get called for that one). I wouldn’t be surprised if it was simply “Gonna give this rear end in a top hat a taste of his own medicine.” It was incredibly stupid on Huberdeau’s part.

it was by miles the best thing he did all night, and he hasn't even been that bad lately.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Congrats to whoever draws the rangers in the first round. You're gonna get a sweep.

Dogshit garbage. The whole team.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I can't remember the last time I've been so bored by watching the Capitals. The team isn't winning, Ovechkin isn't scoring, Kuznetsov has lost any drive, hell even Tom Wilson has decided to stop hitting people after he locked up his retirement contract. Even when they sucked under Adam Oates at least the power play was sick.

The only players worth watching now are...Dylan Strome and Charlie Lindgren? Both good players, but hardly players I'm going to turn the TV on to watch.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 27, 2024

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Congrats to whoever draws the rangers in the first round. You're gonna get a sweep.

Dogshit garbage. The whole team.

It's January

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mind_Taker posted:

I can't remember the last time I've been so bored by watching the Capitals. The team isn't winning, Ovechkin isn't scoring, Kuznetsov has lost any drive, hell even Tom Wilson has decided to stop hitting people after he locked up his retirement contract. Even when they sucked under Adam Oates at least the power play was sick.

The only players worth watching now are...Dylan Strome and Charlie Lindgren? Both good players, but hardly players I'm going to turn the TV on to watch.

It sucks so bad. I thought we'd be able to at least watch Ovie sock dingers in losing efforts...nope

My advice to you, if you have ESPN+, is to watch Boston College hockey. Get insanely excited about Ryan Leonard. Wouldn't surprise me if he's in the NHL next year or even this spring. He rules.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

I'm not overreacting here they've been mid to trash for well over a month now. I legitimately have no idea how they fix it. I know I had my moment a few weeks ago but I've seen zero improvement.

I'm onboard with Drury making some big move to shake poo poo up because somethings got to give here.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't believe any of the teams in the East are good to be honest. Including Boston. They all have some kind of fatal flaw. I think there are probably 4-5 teams from the West I'd rank as cup favorites before I got to an East team.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It sucks so bad. I thought we'd be able to at least watch Ovie sock dingers in losing efforts...nope

My advice to you, if you have ESPN+, is to watch Boston College hockey. Get insanely excited about Ryan Leonard. Wouldn't surprise me if he's in the NHL next year or even this spring. He rules.

Watching the BC vs BU game is exactly what prompted me to post this! I don't even give a poo poo about college hockey and it's been a million times better than any Caps game this season.

My hope for Leonard is that he becomes more of an annoying pest that pisses off other teams and fanbases rather than a dirty player. The Tom Wilson comparisons aren't quite apt since Leonard is definitely more skilled, but I hope he occupies the brain space of other teams like Wilson has in the past without the brain scrambling.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mind_Taker posted:

Watching the BC vs BU game is exactly what prompted me to post this! I don't even give a poo poo about college hockey and it's been a million times better than any Caps game this season.

My hope for Leonard is that he becomes more of an annoying pest that pisses off other teams and fanbases rather than a dirty player. The Tom Wilson comparisons aren't quite apt since Leonard is definitely more skilled, but I hope he occupies the brain space of other teams like Wilson has in the past without the brain scrambling.

My impression of Leonard is that he's one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive. And I mean that in a positive way. He's basically a golden retriever on skates. I also think he's more of a prime TJ Oshie than a Tom Wilson. Definitely can play physical but more of an emphasis on skill.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
I'd have a lot more faith in Colorado steamrolling everyone (mostly because Mackinnon is on another level) .. but Georgiev is posting a sub .900 right now.

They really need a Markstrom

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't believe any of the teams in the East are good to be honest. Including Boston. They all have some kind of fatal flaw. I think there are probably 4-5 teams from the West I'd rank as cup favorites before I got to an East team.

I hadn't even thought about how the playoffs may go but looking now I am positively titillated by the possibility of Canucks/Bruins round 2

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

I hadn't even thought about how the playoffs may go but looking now I am positively titillated by the possibility of Canucks/Bruins round 2

I am obviously biased but I'd love to see Vancouverites burn their own city down again after Brad Marchand score the cup winning goal.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
More color please.

Otherwise cool.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm not overreacting here they've been mid to trash for well over a month now. I legitimately have no idea how they fix it. I know I had my moment a few weeks ago but I've seen zero improvement.

I'm onboard with Drury making some big move to shake poo poo up because somethings got to give here.

A big move or a tall move? I have a suggestion

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

My impression of Leonard is that he's one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive. And I mean that in a positive way. He's basically a golden retriever on skates. I also think he's more of a prime TJ Oshie than a Tom Wilson. Definitely can play physical but more of an emphasis on skill.

Yeah I've seen the Oshie comparisons which would be a great outcome for Leonard. I think a lot of people forget how good Oshie was before he got old.

But Leonard definitely has some of the Wilson "every opposing fanbase will hate my guts" which will also be great

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

So uhhh Todd McLellan has to get fired right ???

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
He should. A team with 3 first(ish) lines shouldn't be trapping.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

So uhhh Todd McLellan has to get fired right ???

You'd think this would be the end for a coach that's been past it for going on a decade, but ~experience~

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Time to bring back Darryl Sutter.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

deoju posted:

More color please.

Otherwise cool.

Yeah, I'd probably add a teal shoulder yoke.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/1750932680227639643?s=19

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I know Twitter gonna Twitter, but I love how the guy goes on another rant and ends it with “again I’m not really offended”, fulfilling the dril prophecy “and another thing, I’m not mad, please don’t put in the newspaper i got mad”

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Easily the best black alternate jersey I've seen

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I actually liked the Sharks' thirds they would shift to in the playoffs, but these blow the doors off them. :aaa:

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Zach Parise to Colorado 👀

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wamsutta posted:

Easily the best black alternate jersey I've seen

I disagree

They are very good though

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Kyle Dubas and the Pens org are using the 'patience and process' talking points again and I'm going to scream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Kyle Dubas and the Pens org are using the 'patience and process' talking points again and I'm going to scream.

By point percentage they're actually not that far off being a playoff team, but a lot of that is predicated on them winning their games in hand and they aren't winning poo poo of late.

I dunno what to do with them really. Even if they decide to sell they aren't going to get some king's ransom for Guentzel. He'd fetch like a first and a b+ prospect which is whatever.

Actually I do know what to do with them and it involves changing the coaching staff but Sullivan is never going anywhere it seems