Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Morbus posted:

Everyone blabbing about the ICJ while the court of Ansarallah is just handing down verdict after verdict

Also just lol that in 2024, a bunch of mountain hillbillies have theater ballistic missiles precise enough to hit a surface vessel with a single shot. Good luck dealing with this poo poo hegemailures

tbf there is an iranian SIGINT ship helping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

the boat is surrounded by water, just roll over??? wtf

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Raskolnikov38 posted:

even if the fire is contained to one holding tank, won't the heat eventually weaken structural components of the ship ala the twin towers or is the red sea enough of a heat sink

Uncontrolled fires at sea are incredibly destructive.

Iirc during the battle of the Atlantic, tankers whose cargo did not catch fire were incredibly durable, because their designs are structurally strong and have good compartmentalization (?). However, tankers whose cargo did catch fire were almost always lost, from what I recall.

Obviously this was much more dramatic if their cargo was aviation fuel or kerosene or whatever, but oil tankers had a very bad time.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

dudes being bros and having a great time.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

alarumklok posted:

brianna wu is so loving dumb. tech startup fartlow

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i wish any of the five biggest arab zionists who rule arab countries would die a dogs death sooner rather than later.

Griz
May 21, 2001

they got the fire out and the ship is loving off to an unspecified safe harbor. I wonder how long it'll be stuck there for repairs.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"The start-up developed by the Ministry of Defense to 'get a real picture of the situation in Gaza'"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1751299657760735488?t=JXuFUS3Q_gea-AsmAC5lmQ&s=19

quote:

In recent months, the Ministry of Defense has been developing a system based on artificial intelligence, which will help Israel monitor the humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip. Fox News Digital wrote that the development of this NRTM type (near real-time monitoring) system began on the order of the Minister Yoav Gallant.

The system is reminiscent of ChatGPT and other AI platforms. It relies on reports from international aid organizations, satellite images, news articles and social media posts coming from Gaza. Using a variety of data and publications, it creates a "real picture" of the situation in the Gaza Strip, where about two million Palestinians live, and gives updates, among other things, on the Gazan health system, on the situation of the displaced Palestinians, and on the food, water and medicine available in the Strip.

New startup from the startup nation: an app that (I suspect) will launder Israeli lies about the humanitarian situation in Gaza.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
oops the ai "hallucinated" that this icu was a hamas training camp

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"we didnt mean to commit genocide, it was Tay's idea" is maybe one of the funniest deflections i can imagine

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
oops we discovered the system was erroneously categorizing rocks as loaves of bread, resulting in a massive overestimation of how much food is available in gaza

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mandel Brotset posted:

the boat is surrounded by water, just roll over??? wtf

Just pull the big cork out from the bottom of the hull

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
lmao
Got em

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Sancho Banana posted:

"The start-up developed by the Ministry of Defense to 'get a real picture of the situation in Gaza'"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1751299657760735488?t=JXuFUS3Q_gea-AsmAC5lmQ&s=19

New startup from the startup nation: an app that (I suspect) will launder Israeli lies about the humanitarian situation in Gaza.
https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-israel-creates-ai-platform-090007666.html
english version (fox news exclusive)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Al! posted:

"we didnt mean to commit genocide, it was Tay's idea" is maybe one of the funniest deflections i can imagine

maybe by posting hard enough in dnd the calm hitler ai will be radicalized before it's too late

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Sancho Banana posted:

lol the bazillion dollar signint military got smoked by dudes in flip flops on o7 and their solution is more, even dumber, more worthless signint. labor theory of value is a bitch

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Are you sure the boat is still on fire? I saw they were saying the fire was put out and the boat is heading to a port.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Good for them but what kind of sophisticated signals intelligence do you think is needed to identify the location and nature of a commercial shipping vessel? They have transponders lol. Their owners, history, and cargo are (mostly) public.

If you want to cite Iranian support i'd say the technology transfers & components for the missiles are a lot more significant. The point, though, is at the time when the US surface fleet, its weapons, and its doctrine were conceived, the ability to deliver a ballistic missile to a point target with an accuracy of a few meters was a capability that required expensive, cutting-edge technology only available to a few nation states. Today it is a commodity. That has some very lol & lmao ramifications, some of which we are seeing today.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Gotta think this is more bullshit to throw at the ICJ so they can say they are actually doing something to help

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Morbus posted:

Good for them but what kind of sophisticated signals intelligence do you think is needed to identify the location and nature of a commercial shipping vessel? They have transponders lol. Their owners, history, and cargo are (mostly) public.

If you want to cite Iranian support i'd say the technology transfers & components for the missiles are a lot more significant. The point, though, is at the time when the US surface fleet, its weapons, and its doctrine were conceived, the ability to deliver a ballistic missile to a point target with an accuracy of a few meters was a capability that required expensive, cutting-edge technology only available to a few nation states. Today it is a commodity. That has some very lol & lmao ramifications, some of which we are seeing today.

i imagine its providing some form of guidance to the missiles

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Are you sure the boat is still on fire? I saw they were saying the fire was put out and the boat is heading to a port.

remember the moskova? she was well on her way back to port until she wasn’t

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Morbus posted:

Everyone blabbing about the ICJ while the court of Ansarallah is just handing down verdict after verdict

Also just lol that in 2024, a bunch of mountain hillbillies have theater ballistic missiles precise enough to hit a surface vessel with a single shot. Good luck dealing with this poo poo hegemailures

They don’t even have to hit the boats. Just scare insurance companies enough to stop insuring them. The Houthi win condition is so simple for how hard the win condition is for the US navy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

remember the moskova? she was well on her way back to port until she wasn’t

i still want to know why the DoD thought it had returned to port after it had sunk lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

sued for copyright infringement by adult film star brian "iron dome" tallamasse

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Fartlow having to turn on her comments to get more engagement for her genocide denial business trip is hilarious.

However, the idiots leaving comments don't realize that even mean comments are helping boost her, so hopefully, it causes her just a bit of mental anguish.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

apatheticman posted:

Fartlow having to turn on her comments to get more engagement for her genocide denial business trip is hilarious.

However, the idiots leaving comments don't realize that even mean comments are helping boost her, so hopefully, it causes her just a bit of mental anguish.

Thankfully there's cspam to boost her and stensil

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Thankfully there's cspam to boost her and stensil

we're their biggest fans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they're garbage

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Morbus posted:

when you MIC so hard you MIC yourself

check yourself before you MIC yourself

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

US pausing aide because 12 people may have worked for Hamas.

Israel slaughters 15k kids. Express train for more weapons

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Raccooon posted:

US pausing aide because 12 people may have worked for Hamas.

Israel slaughters 15k kids. Express train for more weapons

because hamas has principals

israel respects the military industrial complex's delicate funding structure.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i imagine its providing some form of guidance to the missiles

The terminal guidance on the ballistic missiles is just IR/optical. They need an initial aiming point (which, again...it's a narrow strait, ships have transponders, you can just send a small boat + some dude with binoculars and a gps if you want). Idk if the INS on the missiles requires some kind of ground based telemetry for correction during boost (probably does not), but if it does, this is usually (and best) provided near the launcher, and does not require sophisticated equipment.

Mu guess is any Iranian support is mostly there to keep an eye on US/UK military aircraft and ships and their RF emissions.

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/GlobeEyeNews/status/1751217299636580518?t=UnfTUsgRZu2M6L5pmyTY5w&s=19

Insurance companies no longer cover us UK or Israeli ships through the red sea

https://en.sputniknews.africa/20240127/1064812003.html

Palestinian minister seems positive about ICJ outcome.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Has anyone said cope cages for British tankers yet?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Morbus posted:

The terminal guidance on the ballistic missiles is just IR/optical. They need an initial aiming point (which, again...it's a narrow strait, ships have transponders, you can just send a small boat + some dude with binoculars and a gps if you want). Idk if the INS on the missiles requires some kind of ground based telemetry for correction during boost (probably does not), but if it does, this is usually (and best) provided near the launcher, and does not require sophisticated equipment.

Mu guess is any Iranian support is mostly there to keep an eye on US/UK military aircraft and ships and their RF emissions.

to summarize: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LjN3UclYzU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Morbus posted:

the moment your average Amerifat worker could afford a gaming pc it should’ve been obvious that miniaturization and increased computing power would result in the guided explosive version of the AK-47.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Al! posted:

Already happens. I thinks its called a mass assassination matrix or something.