Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Scarabrae posted:

kyoto animation arsonist got the death penalty, I didn’t know japan still had a death penalty

they almost never enforce it anymore and seem to be reserving it for mass murderers. the last guy executed in Japan was the leader of Aum Shinrikyo.

lots of countries still have the death penalty on the books and are just waiting for an edge case to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they almost never enforce it anymore and seem to be reserving it for mass murderers. the last guy executed in Japan was the leader of Aum Shinrikyo.

He wasn't even the last guy they executed that month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_executions_in_Japan

Nevil Maskelyne
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I think most countries aren't like america where they're just looking for an excuse to execute as many people as possible including the mentally disabled.

In Japan generally nobody is going to oppose executing the guys who killed multiple people so I dunno if there's much opposition to the death penalty there.

Also there's not really any opposition to anything in Japan I guess, people seem pretty completely checked out of politics on average.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coxswain Balls posted:

He wasn't even the last guy they executed that month.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_executions_in_Japan

When they killed Shoko Asahara the news reported on it as if they hadn't killed anybody in years, but this is more like a State of Texas death rate.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

been reading denjin n. it's all about a pop idol dork who kills himself by plugging his Google glasses into his ears and gets turned into the internet. it's stupid pulp horror fun, very gory. he crashed a helicopter into a swat team and they just caught him by luring him into a laptop with chat AI and froze the laptop in liquid nitrogen

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

there's like 7 more books in this so I'm thinking he gets out of the pc popsicle

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Buck Wildman posted:

been reading denjin n. it's all about a pop idol dork who kills himself and gets turned into the internet. it's stupid pulp horror fun, very gory. he crashed a helicopter into a swat team and they just caught him by luring him into a laptop with chat AI and froze the laptop in liquid nitrogen

lmao ok you sold it to me

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Buck Wildman posted:

been reading denjin n. it's all about a pop idol dork who kills himself by plugging his Google glasses into his ears and gets turned into the internet. it's stupid pulp horror fun, very gory. he crashed a helicopter into a swat team and they just caught him by luring him into a laptop with chat AI and froze the laptop in liquid nitrogen

:goofy: this sounds dumb as poo poo where do I read it?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I. M. Gei posted:

:goofy: this sounds dumb as poo poo where do I read it?

https://mangadex.org/title/c3c1f4b0-e274-4ebb-87f9-fd83f4f1c3eb/denjin-n?order=asc

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Gripweed posted:

I assumed they were going to rearrange stuff a bit, at least to get the cat girl in earlier. But she's not even in the OP so maybe they're doing it straight.

I think she’s in the OP. obviously, she’s not part of the current main party, nor was she in the previous party before Senshi. But I think you can see her legs and tail at the end of the OP as part of the party she currently travels with before she meets up with the main cast.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

new dungeon episode is the best

BREAD BREAD BREAD

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the orcs rule

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Buck Wildman posted:

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Thanks to everyone who recommended Vinland Saga its great to have a show about Vikings that absolutely hates Vikings

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

War and Pieces posted:

Thanks to everyone who recommended Vinland Saga its great to have a show about Vikings that absolutely hates Vikings

watch The Northman too.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

marcille dub voice is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roOSWTT0pYQ

Bro Dad has issued a correction as of 20:25 on Jan 27, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I finished it the other night and had a lol at the unsubtle shading to make it look like putin has a little hitler mustache

anime is so dumb lol

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

the most problematic status effect

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

After watching 4 episodes I was curious who voiced Senshi in the English Dub because it sounded vaguely familiar and it turns out it's SungWon Cho

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

not the right thread for it but drat if the trailer for netflix’s avatar looks pretty good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Huh, this is basically like Death Note (except the premise is more interesting to me so far).

An L was even just introduced lol

Edit: lmao, I got to a part where Trump, Putin, Xi, and Queen Elizabeth are at the idol concert

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 23:30 on Jan 27, 2024

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Scarabrae posted:

not the right thread for it but drat if the trailer for netflix’s avatar looks pretty good

the line reads are pretty rough. they did a great job with costumes and makeup though

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I don't get what the dudes problem is with her voice acting?

Also it's the vice of the person that plays live action Nami in the Netflix one piece

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

This seems neat but too gory for me

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

This seems neat but too gory for me

yeah it's squishy for sure I don't blame you

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Jan 28, 2024

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

a lot of people getting pulped by large vehicles, up to and including space stations

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

serial perfect experiments blue

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

gimme that dwarf taint trigger

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Dwaussy

Is that the preview or did the new episode leak

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mr. Lobe posted:

After watching 4 episodes I was curious who voiced Senshi in the English Dub because it sounded vaguely familiar and it turns out it's SungWon Cho

From Vaseraga to Senshi, gotta love that range.

BREAD
BREAD
BREAD
BREAD

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

tokin opposition posted:

Dwaussy

Is that the preview or did the new episode leak

that episode was already out, it's when they fight the living armor

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Doc Hawkins posted:

that episode was already out, it's when they fight the living armor

Oh gotcha. I missed the taint

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
just started it last night. i love all the character designs and that includes how all the women so far have very practical clothes that you wouldn't mind wearing out camping for a few weeks underground with a bunch of guys. its beautiful that the only skirt the camera can crawl up is the dwarf guys. feminism to me. ryoko kui ftw

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Ok read the whole thing anyways:
Dudes rock

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Ok read the whole thing anyways:
Dudes rock

that's the spirit

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

gonna try to find a new horror anime comic that doesn't cater to pedophiles will keep you apprised

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Buck Wildman posted:

gonna try to find a new horror anime comic that doesn't cater to pedophiles will keep you apprised

hell yeah

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trigger gave us fanservice and now it gives us manservice. Can't say they don't have range.

Ohtori Akio posted:

just started it last night. i love all the character designs and that includes how all the women so far have very practical clothes that you wouldn't mind wearing out camping for a few weeks underground with a bunch of guys. its beautiful that the only skirt the camera can crawl up is the dwarf guys. feminism to me. ryoko kui ftw

Ryoko Kui publishes and posts a ton of her design work. A lot of little details are revealed in her concept art that's not made explicit in the manga.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 03:46 on Jan 29, 2024