Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
*Silksong finally gets released*

Prince: Wait a minute, that's not what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

SkeletonHero posted:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I never considered the charms system to be that characteristic to Hollow Knight but when I saw that PoP has you buying maps from a shopkeeper hiding just off the path but who you can detect through objects scattered around the surrounding environment and the sound of them humming to themselves an eyebrow did raise.

To be clear I'm all in favour. I love to see all the really direct pulls it does. It's also got Celeste strawberries, an air dash that's Metroid Dread as gently caress and a mirror match fight (though, if anything, that one pulls from the original Prince of Persia, right down to having to parry counter his parry counters).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fedule posted:

I never considered the charms system to be that characteristic to Hollow Knight but when I saw that PoP has you buying maps from a shopkeeper hiding just off the path but who you can detect through objects scattered around the surrounding environment and the sound of them humming to themselves an eyebrow did raise.

To be clear I'm all in favour. I love to see all the really direct pulls it does. It's also got Celeste strawberries, an air dash that's Metroid Dread as gently caress and a mirror match fight (though, if anything, that one pulls from the original Prince of Persia, right down to having to parry counter his parry counters).

I will say the forbidden thing and say that PoP's map system is better than HK's.

Also that one dude (you know who) is 150% Vergil from DMC.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

SkeletonHero posted:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Man...the platforming in this game really gets challenging. There are a couple sections I couldn't even figure out what I was supposed to do. There's one bit that if this were Hollow Knight has the big centipede things in a room. They are going in big circles. Every so often they break through some crystal that then grows back. There are also platforms you can stand on for a second or two that then disintegrate. You have to jump, double jump and air dash around in there. I can get a few in and then have no idea how to progress because once you start, you can't stop and if the centipede hasn't broken the crystals, you are imprisoned. Pretty sure this is optional. But man, it's hard. There are other sections that aren't as challenging that appear to be required for progress. Not sure if there is a way around them but I made it through after figuring it out.

Game is good. Real good. And harder than non pantheon Hollow Knight.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Waltzing Along posted:

Man...the platforming in this game really gets challenging. There are a couple sections I couldn't even figure out what I was supposed to do. There's one bit that if this were Hollow Knight has the big centipede things in a room. They are going in big circles. Every so often they break through some crystal that then grows back. There are also platforms you can stand on for a second or two that then disintegrate. You have to jump, double jump and air dash around in there. I can get a few in and then have no idea how to progress because once you start, you can't stop and if the centipede hasn't broken the crystals, you are imprisoned. Pretty sure this is optional. But man, it's hard. There are other sections that aren't as challenging that appear to be required for progress. Not sure if there is a way around them but I made it through after figuring it out.

Game is good. Real good. And harder than non pantheon Hollow Knight.

Those centipedes are real fuckers but I loved it

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Waltzing Along posted:

If you don't buy PoP you have made a bad decision.

it's going to be 75% off by june

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

goblin week posted:

it's going to be 75% off by February

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

goblin week posted:

it's going to be 75% off by tomorrow, ie the day Silksong comes out

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nikumatic posted:

wake me up when prince of persia has a single aesthetic redeeming quality

It's pretty generic, worst thing about the game imo. Much prefer HKs graphics and soundtrack.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
But PoP when it comes to steam in a year

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Waffleopolis posted:

This is what happens when Silksong takes too long to release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8HUELoNayE

I thought this was a rom hack of HK for the first 30 seconds of that trailer, I'm not sure if I'm impressed or not that they were able to copy the art style of HK to such an uncanny degree.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

runaway dog posted:

I thought this was a rom hack of HK for the first 30 seconds of that trailer, I'm not sure if I'm impressed or not that they were able to copy the art style of HK to such an uncanny degree.

The character animation looks pretty rough. Pass

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

i just checked and this game still isnt out yet, whats up with that?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it got delayed until 2023, youll have to wait for time to reset and the universe to start over

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Too Many Birds posted:

i just checked and this game still isnt out yet, whats up with that?

Did you try restarting steam?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

you have to delete clientregistry.blob

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It has too many bugs to release

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The bugs want to get out. But you're not helping them. Why is that?

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Mr. Cherry for every day you dont meet our demands and release Silksong we will release another critically acclaimed metroidvania. Signed the games industry.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Gonna get a bunch of dudes who barely know what they are doing together and make Silksong but with guns and survival crafting.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I have no idea if it's any good but I learned today in the wake of Riot Forge's shutdown that they published a Metroidvania last year. (Riot Forge apparently published indie devs making things set in their universe. I had no idea it existed until it didn't anymore.) Reviews are pretty positive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Gonna get a bunch of dudes who barely know what they are doing together and make Silksong but with guns and survival crafting.

Bloodstained already exists.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has anyone said bapanada today

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Hoo.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

guppy posted:

I have no idea if it's any good but I learned today in the wake of Riot Forge's shutdown that they published a Metroidvania last year. (Riot Forge apparently published indie devs making things set in their universe. I had no idea it existed until it didn't anymore.) Reviews are pretty positive.

Convergence is a very good game. Excellent platforming, solid combat, clever use of time travel. The first half of the story is really good. The second half is...whatever. Its also shorter than most entries in the genre lately. You could beat it in a weekend.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

worm girl posted:

Mr. Cherry for every day you dont meet our demands and release Silksong we will release another critically acclaimed metroidvania. Signed the games industry.

Have they really not released it yet? At this point they're being as irresponsible as we are!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm2oikWymg8

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Another day another bapanada

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I mean a few pages ago there were a couple of posters who were playing but I guess most others itt prefer running the joke into the ground instead of actually talking about the game. :rolleyes:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

my man ain’t nobody playing this dusty rear end old game in 2024.
we’re playing PoP

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

my man ain’t nobody playing this dusty rear end old game in 2024.
we’re playing PoP

I think you'll find that Shoehead here was playing it. :colbert:

Shoehead posted:

This is pretty good but I'm having such a hard time fighting the Pincer Spirits in Earwig Caverns

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

1stGear posted:

Convergence is a very good game. Excellent platforming, solid combat, clever use of time travel. The first half of the story is really good. The second half is...whatever. Its also shorter than most entries in the genre lately. You could beat it in a weekend.

Yeah, it felt really polished. I vaguely remember it handling the time travel better than most games, but it's probably significant that I don't remember how.

Its a shame to hear about Riot Forge. For what I first thought would pump out crap they published some great games. Every single one is at Very Positive.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Whenever you're not playing Hollow Knight, you should be asking yourself "Who can I introduce to Hollow Knight?"

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

It makes a great birthday present, Christmas present, wedding present, anniversary present, b'nai mitzvah present, "thinking of you" present, "git gud" present, "bapanada" present. Fun for all ages!

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nopenada

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sway Grunt posted:

I think you'll find that Shoehead here was playing it. :colbert:

Yeah I had to find the Pillbug Pillow charm first :doh:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

Whenever you're not playing Hollow Knight, you should be asking yourself "Who can I introduce to Hollow Knight?"
Asked someone I introduced to Hollow Knight if they ever beat it. This was what I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Hogama posted:

Asked someone I introduced to Hollow Knight if they ever beat it. This was what I got.

Mimicking the progress and pace of Team Cherry as they work on Silksong, I see. We should all be so dedicated.