Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Shut the gently caress up, Dernald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I bet their source was rfk jr

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Jesus what is wrong with RFKs eyes, is his face collapsing?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Biden will remain my favorite President because of the student loan relief. I had my repay times cut in half and my bill is like ridiculously low. The Save plan loving rules. Also , I may be getting more credited months this year which means my repay time to total forgiveness is 2 to 3 years off.

I loving love Biden.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

CommieGIR posted:

Wait till you hear his voice.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

CommieGIR posted:

It looks like an ill-fitting mask

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

Your favorite president texted me again:

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM DONALD J. TRUMP:
What Biden is doing to Texas is SICK!

Our border has been transformed into a total WARZONE!

Biden has SURRENDED to the cartels.

And now, he’s going after Texas for protecting its citizens against an INVASION!

SURRENDED lol

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Trump is alright
MAGA’s alright
They just seem a little weeeeiiird,

SURRENDED
SURRENDED

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That drug list is something else, that seems like a lot of fentanyl, morphine and ketamine, was someone recovering from painful surgery or something??

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at thinking Don would lose the primary choose a non white guy as a veep.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Blurred posted:

By basically any metric - church attendance, belief in God, religious self-identification, etc. - Christianity is on the decline in the US. The US has long been an outlier among developed Western nations in terms of its religiosity, but that's changed a lot just in the past two decades. And the histories of other Western nations tells us that this decline is probably irreversible; once a nation loses its religion, it tends never to come back (former Communist countries are a special case which only partially disconfirms that rule).

There are caveats, though. Firstly, Evangelical strains of Christianity have actually bucked that trend and grown in recent years (most notably during the Trump presidency). Secondly, a decline in mainline Christian adherence doesn't necessarily correspond with a decline in religious nominalism. People still hold onto the label of "Christian" even when that doesn't correspond to any particular religious beliefs, or commitment to any particular religious institutions. Here, though, it has an exclusionary, nativist sense. When people say that 'we are a Christian nation', 'we are guided by Judeo-Christian values', 'we must abide by Biblical teachings', etc., this has nothing to do with any particular ethical or spiritual commitments, the only goal is to set up clearly defined in-groups and out-groups. The label of 'Christian' is nominally religious, but obviously in an American context is also bound to particular notions of nationality and race designed to exclude the 'Other'.

In some ways this is more pernicious than Christianity proper, because it doesn't demand anything of the adherent beyond hatred of those outside the group. I live in Europe, and I can tell you that most of the right-wing dickheads espousing 'Christian values' have never set foot in a church in their lives. So religion proper is in decline, but the dark, bigoted shadow of religion is going to be with us for a while yet.

This is exceptionally well put, and exactly what I would have said. I'm also reminded of a time when a chuddy guy from my rugby team posted something dumb on Facebook a few years ago, and I pointed out that it was dumb, and he said something to the effect of "you don't understand the second amendment and christianity!!!!!" and I responded by saying "I go to church twice a week and teach sunday school, and I own 12 guns" (both true) and he was absolutely MORTIFIED and dmed me a profuse apology.

It was the weirdest poo poo.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Did Trump take another cognitive test recently or is he still talking about the Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV test he took five years ago?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

wa27 posted:

Did Trump take another cognitive test recently or is he still talking about the Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV test he took five years ago?

Do you think he can tell the difference?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
PEACE THROUGH EARTH

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Please let this be true lmao

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

wa27 posted:

It seems like he's taken a second test recently.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
You know who will win back suburban mothers whose rights you've stripped away? A scion of a political dynasty, that's who

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what ever happen to nolabels?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

It looks like an ill-fitting mask

He looks like the guy who got the juices sucked out of him by a spider in 'Earth vs Spider' by Bert I Gordon

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PhazonLink posted:

what ever happen to nolabels?

They're getting sued by a billionaire who gave them something like $150k because he claims they promised not to run a presidential candidate, and that their work was just going to be outreach to try to get Dem politicians to be more right-wing (my summation, not theirs). :shrug:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

CommieGIR posted:

two pissholes in the snow is a term that fits

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
You’d think with all this border poo poo Trump would be going on and on about his dumbass wall

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

while i think its probably JFK jr making poo poo up. i wouldnt be shocked because whatever trump picks, its gonna be one of the worst choices.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its probably JFK jr making poo poo up

Considering JFK Jr. died in 1999, that'd be a pretty neat trick.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

redshirt posted:

I have a hard time imagining him willingly taking these tests. Do they tell him he has to identify these animals to get your new genius card or something?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1751388234511220921

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

wa27 posted:

He is confident that was just last month.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

profound quantities of testosterone

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

CommieGIR posted:

It looks like one of those Eric Andre skits where he wears a facial prosthesis

Also lol thats why they were flailing about the baggie of coke in the secret service locker room or w/e because, like everything, they were doing it 10000x worse

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Toxic Mental posted:

Please let this be true lmao

I hope RFK stays independent so he can siphon votes from Trump.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How’s Target poisoning me the only thing I ever buy there is Lego and maybe a lamp or something once in a while

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

CommieGIR posted:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Trump is too narcisstic to consider RFK as a running mate. He wants some no-name grey mouse guy, that doesn't still the thunder.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And by sold 10,000 I mean a PAC purchased them.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I support the GOP telling it like it actually is, also lol @ barred permanently

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

redshirt posted:

Sir, Donald has taken a second dementia test

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Yeah all those are being shipped off to developing countries like the shirts of teams that lose the Superbowl that year

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

TulliusCicero posted:

They are STILL trying to push Horse paste as a panacea?

Motherfucker WHY?! :psyduck:

I used ivermectin when my rats got mites because I forgot to freeze the bedding - but it was half the size of an uncooked grain of rice and spread on a Cheez-It. - but it dide it's job it got rid of the mites - it does not get rid of Covid lol.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

Yeah all those are being shipped off to developing countries like the shirts of teams that lose the Superbowl that year

Ahh, early labeling immigrants, cunning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Asterite34 posted:

I love that she used THE "Women" font though, like something Tim & Eric would have used.