Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

here we go again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

sonicice posted:

The Rumble is nearly sold out and it's happening whether you like it or not. Punk has a job to do so I don't find it that unreasonable that he's watching old rumble matches to prepare for that.

I'd like to see what some of you would do put in his position and not just sitting in front of your computer angry posting about it. I'm just sure you would all quit your jobs immediately and burn the world's supply of Slim Jims. :rolleyes:

E: on second thought, :golfclap: is all your post deserves

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
If I found out my boss was raping people literally in the office I would, in fact, find it very easy to quit that job.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

sonicice posted:

The Rumble is nearly sold out and it's happening whether you like it or not. Punk has a job to do so I don't find it that unreasonable that he's watching old rumble matches to prepare for that.

I'd like to see what some of you would do put in his position and not just sitting in front of your computer angry posting about it. I'm just sure you would all quit your jobs immediately and burn the world's supply of Slim Jims. :rolleyes:

CM Phil, noted for his dedication to just doing his job despite any extenuating circumstances

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

these fed fans just get so hyped up about rape that they start posting again. it should be studied

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sonicice posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress you

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If I was gonna make that poo poo argument I'd sure pick a better guy to frame as the dedicated professional than the one who has found many reasons to not just do his job in the past, because it just makes it worse that this isn't a bridge too far for him specifically.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

at least it was an old timer instead of an epic rereg guy this time

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sonicice posted:

Well maybe not the world's supply.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
One thing that feels important to post is that a core argument of the lawsuit is that knowledge of this abuse was widespread in the company and there is a culture of sexual misconduct in WWE. This is not a case about a few bad apples but a company culture that permits it to happen, and based on some of the evidence cheerleads it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It is nice that the most rabid of fed stans can't help but to run in here and Stand Up For Known Rapists and Sex Traffickers and Unprincipled Sellouts WWE

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

thank god at least one brave soul had the guts to stand up for cm punk, consummate professional

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Punk post WWE very much went after them for stuff like the blood money shows and it makes his silence/shilling for the Rumble even more disgusting cause it's clear he's being silent for the money. Plus you know if he didn't gently caress up in AEW he wouldn't have to do this

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sonicice posted:

maybe, just maybe, cm punk could have been less loudly against Vince's sexual harassment and the awful company culture when it suited him to do so, and then immediately turn around and start nursing off the WWE teat the second he had burned his bridges elsewhere, and now is pointedly keeping his head down

It's great to take a moral stand, but if you only do it when it benefits you, then you are a scumbag

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I reiterate: making excuses for this company and this situation won't be tolerated, and neither will storming into a thread where people are expressing disappointment or frustration with how it's being handled and trying to start fights in it. The WWE Universe™ doesn't need a crusader to stop their name from being besmirched on these dead forums. CM Punk won't see you standing up for him, man! But people actually upset or affected directly or indirectly by the largest company to be part of this artform normalizing a culture of sexual assault and trafficking sure will.

Don't be an rear end in a top hat. I don't really care that much if you watch the Rumble. I don't think you should but I can't control you. But don't pretend you're morally correct about it just because you're mad that people are laughing about The Guy Whose Character Is Counterculture Rebel went back to the sex trafficking company and posted a picture of himself drinking coffee from a place that is currently being boycotted for an entirely different reason.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like while I understand the talent that just shows up to work and doesn't speak out on anything cause I get it, need money and not a lot of wrestling jobs out there....I am disappointed they aren't speaking out cause this could force actual change on the company

But if you have actively spoken out before and are silent now? Yeah that's a big scumbag approach

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Punk's a complete sellout, any shred of respect anyone ever had left for him should be completely gone, after this week

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

sonicice posted:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Punk's a complete sellout, any shred of respect anyone ever had left for him should be completely gone, after this week

yep, especially after this

https://x.com/AIRGold_/status/1750694439431893234?s=20

he was too busy hanging out with 22 year old women and posting instagram stories about the royal rumble to say poo poo. what an embarrassing loving clown

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The failure of building your brand on being a truth telling Punk rebel that after being fired with cause for Keeping It Real Goes Wrong becoming an amoral bootlegger for a racist rapist who will do a silent protest by wearing a shirt like he is a celebrity in a video with Gal Gadot.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

sonicice posted:

You got me, I'd blow all my money and go back to the place that fired me on my wedding day and uploaded a video of my rear end and sued me and called my wife unfuckable and use the money from my merch sales to silence victims.

The Royal Rumble probably has the most social pressure to watch, given the amount of casuals who still get together each year for an excuse to check it out. Plenty of people are going to go ahead with that, and they'll have to hang out with people making jokes about the situation or dismissing it. I assume the people who don't feel that invested, also don't feel too affected to not watch one show a year and have some chips. The real hope is that the media keeps up questions and coverage of this while WWE try to warm up the media machine for Wrestlemania and the Netflix move.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

voice of the voiceless unless he really needs to be a good boy for the abusers he crawled back to 🥺

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Lid posted:

The failure of building your brand on being a truth telling Punk rebel that after being fired with cause for Keeping It Real Goes Wrong becoming an amoral bootlegger for a racist rapist who will do a silent protest by wearing a shirt like he is a celebrity in a video with Gal Gadot.

It's nice when punk (or anyone else, especially in these times) wears the pro-trans shirt, it is not nice when he ignores poo poo like this even if his contract states he has to. He has plenty of loving ways to make a statement within the confines of his contract. Or ask for a release.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Personally I'd find it offensive after this, if Punk came out wearing a "Believe Women" or "#MeToo" shirt or whatever

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It takes a special kind of loser to do that kind of poo poo. Nice surprise in their rap sheet to really drive it home too

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Won't someone please think of Punk's 4 million dollar house mortgage payments???

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It's nice when punk (or anyone else, especially in these times) wears the pro-trans shirt, it is not nice when he ignores poo poo like this even if his contract states he has to. He has plenty of loving ways to make a statement within the confines of his contract. Or ask for a release.

Was bot suggesting its wrong to wear the shirt but its so empty now. It's a matter if degrees - if Cena wore the shirt for example with no other comment it would be substantial as he hasn't built his entire personality on such stands. Punk, outspoken and built on an unimpeachable moral hierarchy, is avoiding talking anything about it but we can all predict hell wear a Believe Women hastily sharpied on his wrist tape while continuing to participate. He burned bridges because he feared the Young Bucks were shooting on him and so punched his own boss but won't say a word on being surrounded by rapists and wanting to participate.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Lid posted:

but won't say a word on being surrounded by rapists and wanting to participate.

yeah I know you weren't suggesting anything heinous or lovely about the shirts, we're chill and all. I don't know what his contract says, but there are always ways around it on social media. even if all he posted was a "believe women" meme or some poo poo. literally anything that says he dissents and then he gets the gently caress out of the company. maybe he can't get out immediately (lawyery poo poo, I don't know), but he should be doing Something and he's not. so gently caress him.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i worked for a nonprofit for a ceo that was constantly racist and verbally abusive towards staff. it was bad enough that it was covered in multiple outlets sometime after i left but nowhere near as bad as what vince is accused of. i am definitely not a millionaire but i got out of there as fast as i could after the first incident i witnessed.

it really says something about your moral character if even with millions of dollars, vastly more financially secure than the average worker, you couldn’t imagine speaking up about your employer doing the most vile poo poo imaginable

i really wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror if i was like a little coward like you sonicice

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

sonicice posted:

think sexual assault is bad? enter the royal rumble or stfu....

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Punk himself admitted to assaulting women in shoot interviews back when. He’s old school wrestling bad and always has been a pretty lovely guy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sonicice posted:

The Rumble is nearly sold out and it's happening whether you like it or not.

no it's not. try me

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

nevermind

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Plus you know if he didn't gently caress up in AEW he wouldn't have to do this

he doesn’t have to do this at all which is why it’s so pathetic

I honestly wonder wtf AJ Lee is thinking rn

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

the escape goat posted:

he doesn’t have to do this at all which is why it’s so pathetic

I honestly wonder wtf AJ Lee is thinking rn

Folks have laid out an at least convincing to me case for why punk might be too broke not to wrestle and make the millies he could undoubtedly get from tko

He mc hammer'd himself

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont really care if punk takes the paycheck, its bad but its a normal level of moral cowardice, but dont also post about it a bunch of instagram and try and deflect, come the gently caress on

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008
20 bucks says this is the biggest swerve in sports entertainment history

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It beats thinking about a very rough couple of days (I'm personally ok, just a few deaths that rocked everyone in my circle) in conjunction with the Cuomo case makes it all feel very relevant.

Thanks for all you do MRT. I always find your posts very well informed. Much love to you and yours

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rotinaj posted:

Folks have laid out an at least convincing to me case for why punk might be too broke not to wrestle and make the millies he could undoubtedly get from tko

He mc hammer'd himself

Which is funny because wasn't the story for ages Punk was super frugal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008
If Slim Jim forgave, why can't we.