Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The real reason Alastor controls Husk's soul is that there's only room in Hell for one demon with a creepy voodoo gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Oxxidation posted:

hoping that we get to see adam turned inside-out by the end of this season at least. christ, what an rear end in a top hat

kind of funny that his character hews closest to the general tone of HB and HH's pilot episodes

Honestly would not be surprised he gets killed and it just causes further tension between Heaven/Hell wtih Sara as she probably would double down on the executions. I would not be surprised if Lute falls back after Adam is killed and becoems the new head of the executioner. I"m honeslty expecting either Eve or God to show up at the end of season.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm also expecting Emily to either join Charlie or get killed trying to help (her faith in the system was pretty thoroughly eradicated by that meeting)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 27, 2024

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

Similar hats too

Only difference is Dr. Facilier died in the 1920's as a young man and Husk died in the 1970's when he was around 60-70.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Flopsy posted:

Husk died in the 1970's when he was around 60-70.
Funnily enough this makes him the most recent arrival in Hell when it comes to the Hotel's cast.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we have death dates for the other major sinners out of curiosity then?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Larryb posted:

Do we have death dates for the other major sinners out of curiosity then?

Now I am going off the Wiki for this, so these might not all be right, I don't know if there's a current official character list out there. Some of this might be outdated pilot info.

Nifty: 1950s
Cherri Bomb: 1980s
Husk: 1970s
Alastor: Specifically 1933
Mimzy: 1920s
Pentious: Specifically 1888
Angel Dust: Specifically 1947
Vox: 1950s
Valentino: 1970s
Velvette: ??? (probably 2000s if I had to guess)
Zestial: ??? (probably one of the oldest if not the oldest)
Carmilla: ???

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Now I am going off the Wiki for this, so these might not all be right, I don't know if there's a current official character list out there. Some of this might be outdated pilot info.

Nifty: 1950s
Cherri Bomb: 1980s
Husk: 1970s
Alastor: Specifically 1933
Mimzy: 1920s
Pentious: Specifically 1888
Angel Dust: Specifically 1947
Vox: 1950s
Valentino: 1970s
Velvette: ??? (probably 2000s if I had to guess)
Carmilla: ???

Kind of funny when it's put down like that, but Sir Pentious is one of the oldest sinners in the series other than Zestiel and he's basically a nobody in hell. Makes you wonder how he survived so many executions.

Hidingo Kojimba fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 27, 2024

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Macaluso posted:

cant place exactly why but the hat makes me think of 1600s dutch merchants

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The only thing we know is that Zestial is the oldest of all the overlords.

He's practically anicent.

His manner of speech might suggest a time of catles, knights, etc.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wonder if any of the goetia demons other than Stolas will show up.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Velvette is about as old as Vox and Valentino as far as when she died, she just is basically the only overlord who enjoys modernising. She chases the latest trends in everything even though she died in the 60s or something.

The Vees all arrived close together and quickly formed a collaboration effort.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Kind of funny when it's put down like that, but Sir Pentious is one of the oldest sinners in the series other than Zestiel and he's basically a nobody in hell. Makes you wonder how he survived so many executions.

Someone suggested that he might have worked for an Overlord that Alastor killed and overthrew. Hence the 20 fights even though Alastor has been gone for 7 years.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I would guess that if higher ranking demons (sans Lucifer) show up, it'll be stuff from later seasons - antagonists for the first two seasons are probably mostly related to heaven (with a possible secondary antagonist in the Vs), but once there's some sort of "the hotel has actually somewhat worked/improved life in hell somehow"-proof, we might get other powers in hell starting to pay attention to it, both good and bad. For contractual reasons I doubt any sin or goetia that appears in helluva boss will appear in Hazbin, besides maybe some small cameo. I'm fairly sure one or two will eventually pop up if the show gets 3+ seasons. I guess Belphegor might, apparently Charlie had their number on her phone? I feel like Satan probably won't, as imp stuff seems way more relevant in Helluva Boss, and he's kind of related to them. On the other hand, Satan and Lucifer appearing and being different people could work as a gag, with some sinner demon or angel being confused by them being different entities.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There’s also Leviathan though somehow I feel like she also has a better chance of showing up in HB than she does in Hazbin

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I think any character who has a voice actor in both series is plausible, and frankly the Sins in general seem like the most obvious to show up at least once in Hazbin even if they're mostly in HB. Just because I can easily imagine Lucifer calling them in for a song/fight/plot beat.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
It won't be the answer, but an answer that would get Adam into heaven and exclude a ton of other people: How many people you hurt in life and how many have forgiven you.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The -iel ending implies that Zestiel is also a fallen angel, like Lucifer.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Madurai posted:

The -iel ending implies that Zestiel is also a fallen angel, like Lucifer.

This is my opinion, Zestial is a fallen angel who doesn't want the attention and so is acting as a Mortal Overlord instead. It would explain why Lucifer is willing to hang with him in the pilot, beyond just uncertainty about the overall story.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 28, 2024

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So are the Exorcists heavenborn? Is Lute a Heavenborn or Sinless? Sinless would be the mortal opposite of Sinners yeah?

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

a neat cape posted:

So are the Exorcists heavenborn? Is Lute a Heavenborn or Sinless? Sinless would be the mortal opposite of Sinners yeah?

Winner is the show lore opposite of a sinner. And I expect the exorcists are all hand-picked human souls gifted certain abilities to get the job done.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Adam is explicitly stated to be the biblical Adam (as for why he never takes off his Executioners mask I’m guessing he got his face hosed up during a raid, likely by going after Lilith at one point)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

Given they're all female looking I'm guessing it's just Adam building a fanclub of ladies amongst mortal "Winners" in heaven.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kinda makes me wonder what Eve’s deal in this universe is then

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
kinda surprised there hasn't been an outpouring of hazbin merch (I know there's the pilot related stuff) since it came out.
No...fat nuggets plush (official) or anything.
Vivzie was quick to put out stuff for helluva boss but nothing new for hazbin, wonder if there's some contractual thing of 'none'

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
A24 has its own merch store, they might be tailoring some stuff for it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There's been Hazbin stuff amongst the Helluva Boss merch, I think they just didn't want to put too much out until the show is actually out and we've had a chance to meet all the characters. There will be swimsuit Vox keychains in no time

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I actually really wanna see Adam's face not because I expect it's messed up but because I want him plain as gently caress because it makes his monstrous behavior even more blatant. That someone who looks extremely human is one of the most hosed up people in the show's canon is interesting to me.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
He's probably bald under the mask.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
As an aside, I'd actually say Sera's judgement was correct, but only in a technical "letter of the law" sense.

Angel is evidence that souls in hell can become better people. He is not, however, evidence that they can be redeemed into heaven, as he's still in hell and still a demon. And since they do not know the criteria for entering heaven, they can't even say he's actually achieved any of the criteria.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Adder Moray posted:

As an aside, I'd actually say Sera's judgement was correct, but only in a technical "letter of the law" sense.

Angel is evidence that souls in hell can become better people. He is not, however, evidence that they can be redeemed into heaven, as he's still in hell and still a demon. And since they do not know the criteria for entering heaven, they can't even say he's actually achieved any of the criteria.

But it essentially makes it a kangaroo court as she knows it's going to be a lose/ lose situation either way.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Flopsy posted:

I actually really wanna see Adam's face not because I expect it's messed up but because I want him plain as gently caress because it makes his monstrous behavior even more blatant. That someone who looks extremely human is one of the most hosed up people in the show's canon is interesting to me.

My money's on the twist of him being a demon under it.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Flopsy posted:

But it essentially makes it a kangaroo court as she knows it's going to be a lose/ lose situation either way.

I think she expected that the conclusion was foregone, but also expected Adam to have some idea of how he got there in the first place, so there'd be evidence that none of the sinners were achieving the criteria. Adam laying out an actual check list and Angel ticking all of the boxes probably wasn't a result she was expecting. Charlie'd probably have a stronger case if Angel hadn't checked all of the boxes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oxxidation posted:

hoping that we get to see adam turned inside-out by the end of this season at least. christ, what an rear end in a top hat

kind of funny that his character hews closest to the general tone of HB and HH's pilot episodes

I love all the little touches (the ribs, him photobombing multiple cuts in the Heaven court song) but I think the one that just adds the right needlessly obnoxious frisson is him singing his own guitar solo in e1

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Adder Moray posted:

that last part is what kills her case, because if she doesn't know the criteria then it's not even certain if "better people" are qualified to get into heaven at all. one place is a sparkly shopping plaza where everyone's happy and polite, and the other's a puke-soaked anarchic slum where shooting someone in the gut is how you say "hello" and "goodbye." who's to say that the many sinners act the way they do because they get randomly binned into the latter?

sure, like you said, she's "technically correct," but it's a correctness that results in someone burning down the courtroom

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
More things need to make room for flapper energy so Sarah Stiles can just bring it every time.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So can the sinners have children in hell? Because Carmilla had her two "daughters" with her.

And I just noticed, the blonde one doesn't actually have horns, they're just a headband, which is adorable.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So can the sinners have children in hell? Because Carmilla had her two "daughters" with her.

And I just noticed, the blonde one doesn't actually have horns, they're just a headband, which is adorable.

No, Sinners (except Lilith?) cannot have children in Hell. Hellborn and definitely the Goetia can. Fallen Angels presumably can.

Those were probably her daughters in life, reunited in death. Given how protective she is, they may have even died before her.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

that last part is what kills her case, because if she doesn't know the criteria then it's not even certain if "better people" are qualified to get into heaven at all. one place is a sparkly shopping plaza where everyone's happy and polite, and the other's a puke-soaked anarchic slum where shooting someone in the gut is how you say "hello" and "goodbye." who's to say that the many sinners act the way they do because they get randomly binned into the latter?

sure, like you said, she's "technically correct," but it's a correctness that results in someone burning down the courtroom

It's why I keep saying someone's getting in by the end of the season. The idea of people getting out of hell has to be proven possible or impossible by the end of the season or else the show is spinning its wheels. If it happens in a scenario that's non-replicable, even better, because it's now proven that the goal is possible, but whether or not Charlie can do it consistently is still in question. But whether or not a soul can be redeemed needs to be answered.

Lord_Magmar posted:

No, Sinners (except Lilith?) cannot have children in Hell. Hellborn and definitely the Goetia can. Fallen Angels presumably can.

Those were probably her daughters in life, reunited in death. Given how protective she is, they may have even died before her.
Sinners and Heavenborn Angels might be able to have kids. Possibly sinners and Hellborn Demons. Though I do assume those are either her daughters in life or two girls she adopted in hell.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 28, 2024

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i wonder whether Angel Dust's sister is gonna be A Character, she's supposed to be up in heaven right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

i wonder whether Angel Dust's sister is gonna be A Character, she's supposed to be up in heaven right?

Probably, especially considering that during the Welcome to heaven-song one of the characters who kept showing up in the background was a spiderlike angel who did have some resemblance to Angel Dust.