Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a.lo posted:

This is the Rumble thread

royal

rumble.

no, but really.

ChrisBTY posted:

We're in a mood. A bad mood spawned by a combination of outrage and helplessness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Professor Skittles posted:

I'm a catholic. If i watch the rumble - how many rosaries do i have to do after to stay saved, or do i resort to self flagelism. I'm so confused tia

you're going to hell for supporting a cancerous den of predation and abuse and when they find out you watched WWE too then you're really in trouble

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Grem posted:

Just regular ol' Jade.

Did 2 power moves and now just laying in the corner like your typical jabroni. lol

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the hell of not live posting a show

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Well I missed a bunch of WWE PPV's so I guess I'll check back in for the Royal Ru... uh... oh no...

Welp back to video games I guess!

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

I'm a catholic. If i watch the rumble - how many rosaries do i have to do after to stay saved, or do i resort to self flagelism. I'm so confused tia

Nothing you or anyone who posts here does matters w/r/t WWE. PSP is a niche within a niche and even here what, probably 10% of people read the whole report? For WWE fans as a whole it's probably 0.001% of people.

If you want to make the world better go volunteer, donate to a food bank, or do something nice for someone in your life. If you don't then shut up and do what you will do

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Well I missed a bunch of WWE PPV's so I guess I'll check back in for the Royal Ru... uh... oh no...

You could watch Bryan Danielson having an amazing match with Nagata

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

WrasslorMonkey posted:

The correct choice :)

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Liv at 30, no Sasha Banks, that's a relief.

Liv and Jade would be a good fued....

in AEW

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
youre not even allowed to support the company that covered up child abuse, killed people, exploited its workers, sexually abused its staff and ran propaganda for the saudis anymore, because of woke

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Friends, we are on the road to wrestlemania

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ashen one, if, when thou peerest upon the First Flame... Thou wishest yet, for a world without fire, for an end to the linking of the fire... Then call upon me.

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008

Erebus posted:

you're going to hell for supporting a cancerous den of predation and abuse and when they find out you watched WWE too then you're really in trouble

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism. Also HULK HOGAN opened the Rumble promo. He is a true american, and has never done anything wrong ever. Would a guilty company make that decision?

ps you buy shoes, you're probably evil too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Grem posted:

Liv at 30, no Sasha Banks, that's a relief.

Liv and Jade would be a good fued....

in AEW

I hope Jade wins and has to do a 20 minute singles match at Mania.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism

...that phrase doesn't mean what you think it means

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism. Also HULK HOGAN opened the Rumble promo. He is a true american, and has never done anything wrong ever. Would a guilty company make that decision?

ps you buy shoes, you're probably evil too.

we've covered this already

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

smartest people alive

Professor Skittles
Jul 10, 2008

fez_machine posted:

we've covered this already

i was obviously joking about the Hulk Hogan thing. But explain ?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I hope Jade wins and has to do a 20 minute singles match at Mania.

She didn’t

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The argument that you can't escape evil because shoes exists because you need shoes. You can do something else for entertainment.

At the same time, goons bullying other goons for continuing to be fans feels like it'll be as effective as one of those "if we all stop buying gas on Tuesday" campaigns.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

If you like wrestling the new Yakuza just dropped and wrestlers frequently make appearances plus you can german suplex bosses to death.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

If I was a big fat wrestler my finisher would be a banzai drop and I'd call it the Ethical Consumption.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there is no alternative to watching thje royal rumble 2024 under capitalism. just gotta do it. the way of the world unfortunately.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Craptacular! posted:

The argument that you can't escape evil because shoes exists because you need shoes. You can do something else for entertainment.

At the same time, goons bullying other goons for continuing to be fans feels like it'll be as effective as one of those "if we all stop buying gas on Tuesday" campaigns.

Nothing that happens in this thread is going to change anything, but by that same token, there's no reason for this community not to be entitled to its communal anger. We're all getting through it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Well I guess a feud with Nia Jax might be even funnier.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Hey Wrasslor! It's good seeing you but sad this is what brought you back. Collision is real good right now if you wanna switch threads

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Welp, if I ain't gonna hate-watch this stupid garbage with m'goons, then I guess I'll save $5.99 a month. Peace out Peacock!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Lord Of Texas posted:

If you like wrestling the new Yakuza just dropped and wrestlers frequently make appearances plus you can german suplex bosses to death.

Like NJPW wrestlers? That's cool if so, learning a lot about them from AEW.

Actually gonna go play Yakuza now until the men's rumble.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i'd be more sympathetic to the hellworld ethical consumption argument if wwe werent the lamest most boring poo poo on earth and the best argument for watching it wasnt my pals and i get together for it every year to remember being 7 years old

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Shard posted:

Hey Wrasslor! It's good seeing you but sad this is what brought you back. Collision is real good right now if you wanna switch threads

Yeah I gotta figure out a schedule. I was just sticking with WWE because it was easy and I already had the historical knowledge.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the hotline miami collection on nintendo switch is about the price of peacock

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hi wrasslor monkey. miss you pal

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
"institution wide participation in sex slavery? but I can't not post about shows on Something Awful!!! I have to act like things are fine! Two days are too long!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Craptacular! posted:

We're not "bullying other goons for continuing to be fans", we're just telling them the truth about the company they support. Not our fault if they can't handle the truth :shrug:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

its not even the end of the world if people are watching the show its just beyond strange to try and be proud or smug about it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think it's fine to watch the rumble if you really want to or whatever but drat you're dumb as hell for saying that poo poo out loud.

Also I'm on the train and heard a dude watching it on his phone lmao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Grem posted:

Actually gonna go play Yakuza now until the men's rumble.

Yeah New Japan guys. It owns.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Grem posted:

Ya Japanese wrestlers from the 70's all the way to current day make cameos throughout the series.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lord Of Texas posted:

You could also just watch another wrestling company, it's never been easier! There's hundreds from your local indy to companies with 5 or more decades of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Real question, why is this thread even open? It seems like any talk outside of Vince gets a negative reactions, and there's already a thread dedicated to talking about Vince, which seems to be the only acceptable subject right now. You even had a mod coming in and saying you're posting at your own peril if you talk about WWE. So why not avoid all this conflict and close this thread?