Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Inceltown posted:

Nitter looks like it's permanently out of action going forward. Elon appears to have won.

drat. But on the bright side, I'm sure this will fix the botting problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm guessing the Knives Out movies are way more fun to make and way less demanding physically. And while it's probably not Bond money he's probably still getting millions for each one and I assume he's a producer on them as well.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Knives Out movies give him the opportunity to actually act as opposed to just standing around looking stoic. The same thing happens with Chris Evans in the first one and you can tell he's having a blast.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

PainterofCrap posted:

You a short-haul/cargo pilot?

USAID-funded project that doesn't allow for it. We get a per diem that's for these expenses, but I eat local food for like $2-5 a day and pocket the rest.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

As Bond he got to spend like 40% of his time on sets that look like fancy mansions, and the rest doing stupid stunts often in inclement weather. As sounthern detective it has been nearly 100% fancy mansions and no stunts.

My sincere wish is that we find out somewhere in movies 3-5 that the detective character is also a british man putting on a dodgy southern accent.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He's also got to look cut for the shirtless scenes, which is no fun. I haven't seen Knives Out, but I imagine Benoit Blanc doesn't take his shirt off that often.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Facebook Aunt posted:

As Bond he got to spend like 40% of his time on sets that look like fancy mansions, and the rest doing stupid stunts often in inclement weather. As sounthern detective it has been nearly 100% fancy mansions and no stunts.

My sincere wish is that we find out somewhere in movies 3-5 that the detective character is also a british man putting on a dodgy southern accent.

Someone in one of these threads hoped he had an unexplained completely different accent in the sequel. Sadly this did not happen

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Philippe posted:

He's also got to look cut for the shirtless scenes, which is no fun. I haven't seen Knives Out, but I imagine Benoit Blanc doesn't take his shirt off that often.

he's got a bathtub scene in the second one.

playing among us in the bath and arguing with his boyfriend.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Let Blanc become an Ernest-esque character. Knives Out at Camp. Knives Out to Save Christmas. Knives Out 'Cause I'm Scared Stupid! Knives Out and Slam Dunk!

Yestermoment has a new favorite as of 05:31 on Jan 28, 2024

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Yestermoment posted:

Let Blanc become an Ernest-esque character. Knives Out at Camp. Knives Out to Save Christmas. Knives Out 'Cause I'm Scared Stupid! Knives Out and Slam Dunk!

Just skip Knives Out Goes To Africa, because :chloe:.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Philippe posted:

He gets in a pool in Glass Onion and he wears like a polo shirt for it.

Yeah, he might just be doing this because he wants to be able to eat bread.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
They made Matlock a private investigator and gave it to Daniel Craig and it's the first franchise defining character I've actually cared about since, I don't know, Jack Sparrow or Frodo.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

He gets in a pool in Glass Onion and he wears like a polo shirt for it.

And a fun little kerchief

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I love Benoit Blanc and am glad there’s no more extremely dour Craig Bond movies where he and his girlfriend and unborn child and all of humanity are going to die.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Daniel Craig took numerous catastrophic hits to his scrotum during the making of James Bond.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I used to have a flatmate who'd sit in the dark watching the Desolation of Balls scene on a loop, occasionally muttering things like "ohhh" and "arghh, the balls"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Daniel Craig took numerous catastrophic hits to his scrotum during the making of James Bond.

I have to assume this also happened to Roger Moore

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

She said she had a dream where she was stretching my scrotum over her head like a swimming cap and I dipped right there

e: wrong app

freeedr has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Jan 28, 2024

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

he's right, and he should say it

Oceans are battlefields

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

freeedr posted:

She said she had a dream where she was stretching my scrotum over her head like a swimming cap and I dipped right there

Mods, can we do something about all these braggart tanuki running around?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6bVdqOdjNQ

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Based on interviews I think that and the flirting with Javier Bardem were his favorite parts of making those films.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Air Skwirl posted:

Based on interviews I think that and the flirting with Javier Bardem were his favorite parts of making those films.

Which makes sense because he gets to emote in those scenes.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Inceltown posted:

Nitter looks like it's permanently out of action going forward. Elon appears to have won.
Just try another instance that isn't down like nitter.net is now. So far that seems to work. If you've got somewhere saying it's definitively broken, I'd be interested to know.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the main dev says the trick they were using to get around rate limits has been fixed

https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/issues/983#issuecomment-1913362376

https://github.com/zedeus/nitter/issues/1155#issuecomment-1913361757

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

grittyreboot posted:

Incredibly hyped. I wish Hollywood made more whodunnits. I keep trying to get into the Poirot movies but I always take smoke break half an hour in and don't have any interest in pressing play when I come back in.

Oh god the David Suchet ones are so much better, do those if you haven't.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Ah yes, that seems lethal. What a bummer. Thanks.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/TH0MASBAHAMA/status/1751339495566307724?s=20

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/bigmannick_/status/1751688009290780695

When you mishear the chant and bring everyone’s attention to it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/AKBrews/status/1751258771517768073?s=20

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh, it's okay, no need to be scared. It can't be a real one because it doesn't have feathers.

E:

Ok, but doesn't that mean to use a different instance in the hope that it hasn't hit the rate limit yet for the day?

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Jan 29, 2024

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/bigmannick_/status/1751688009290780695

When you mishear the chant and bring everyone’s attention to it.

what are they actually saying?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't speak Welsh or English English but I think it's "Anthony is a papist'

E: no, I'm getting word from production that is also incorrect

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I don't speak Welsh or English English but I think it's "Anthony is a papist'

E: no, I'm getting word from production that is also incorrect

I mean thats at least in the same ballpark

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

[quote="Facebook Aunt" post="
[/quote]

This is what I had hoped that Don Cheadle would do with the Basher character in the Oceans 11 movies. Come back the next time with a Russian accent, and then after that, use the same accent as Serge from Beverly Hills Cop. And maybe after that, the Swedish chef.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

boofhead posted:

what are they actually saying?

"Anthony's a rapist"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Inceltown posted:

I mean, this just means I won't read twitter at all. So who really won?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Ok, but doesn't that mean to use a different instance in the hope that it hasn't hit the rate limit yet for the day?

from what i gather nitter instances have a pool of guest accounts which only work for a certain amount of time before they need to be replaced, and twitter shut down the API for making new guest accounts, so the remaining working instances are all on borrowed time

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

repiv posted:

from what i gather nitter instances have a pool of guest accounts which only work for a certain amount of time before they need to be replaced, and twitter shut down the API for making new guest accounts, so the remaining working instances are all on borrowed time

Ah. Oh well:

Nuebot posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nuebot posted:

You