Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

For Zero just find your fav npcs and check with them each story event.

And by fav npcs I mean like the few that have portraits. And the cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Smdh at not eagerly looking forward to Bennet furiously simmering because of her entirely one-sided rivalry. Also the Testaments, it’s cool seeing them grow up over the course of two games and you’re already probably going in the bar to Wazy anyway until Azure.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

For Zero just find your fav npcs and check with them each story event.

And by fav npcs I mean like the few that have portraits. And the cat.

Zero hides them in inaccessible areas more often than it though. Honestly one of my bigger problems with it lol.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 32 hours!)

3 days off.
i'm gonna do it.
gonna finish Reverie.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I’m at the start of chapter 2 in Zero; tbh for npcs I usually just talk to the roof cat and then book it to the Bracer Guild to see who’s there, and then maybe check on the downtown district weirdos

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

in Zero/Azure, maybe because I played on hard. I actually paid attention to positions and taking advantage of that is the only way to beat some fights.

But in Cold Steel, I didn't pay attention to any of that and spammed.

In Reverie, didn't either, but then I was like oh, it does do some stuff like how I move my Duvalie behind the enemy to make it face his back to us and directs its cone aoe attacks to her. I'm playing just normal so it doesn't matter, but at least its nice to see some stuff still matters.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

You know, its okay to still kill some people...you can do it, you done it before!

Reverie finale chapter
They Death Star an entire fortress.

"The troops were stationed elsewhere (how lucky), so no lives were lost"

really? EVERY troop in this military fortress? Are you sure there wasn't a janitor, watchman or skeleton crew or someone there to pick up the phone? At least knock a few heads off a few NPCs

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GateOfD posted:

You know, its okay to still kill some people...you can do it, you done it before!

Reverie finale chapter

really? EVERY troop in this military fortress? Are you sure there wasn't a janitor, watchman or skeleton crew or someone there to pick up the phone? At least knock a few heads off a few NPCs

Nobody in Trails can actually die. If you think someone died it is just because they actually went off to become a bartender in another city.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its very funny tbh

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody in Trails can actually die. If you think someone died it is just because they actually went off to become a bartender in another city.

My headcanon is that this is literally true in-universe, and some of the cleverer characters like Lloyd have started to figure it out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Thoom posted:

My headcanon is that this is literally true in-universe, and some of the cleverer characters like Lloyd have started to figure it out.

Rufina, Loewe, Weissman, Estelle's mother and Agate's sister all died

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Some Numbers posted:

Rufina, Loewe, Weissman, Estelle's mother and Agate's sister all died

Note how all of those people died before the Azure Tree incident. Same with Joachim Guenter, Lianne Sandlot, Rutger Claussell, Giliath Osborne, and Franz Reinford. Maybe something happened when KeA was messing with causality. Has any named character that died for their first time post-Azure Tree not come back?

For reference, I'm only like 25% serious about this.

Edit: Was the razing of Celdic before or after the Azure Tree? I can't quite remember where in Cold Steel II that cutscene happens. Edit 2: Celdic was Dec 24th S.1204, Azure Tree was Dec 26th S.1204, theory survives.

Thoom fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 17, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

May we remember the brave sacrifices of our soldiers going to war so it won't happen again.
Death Toll: 0
Injuries: 1xxxx

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Thoom posted:

Note how all of those people died before the Azure Tree incident. Same with Joachim Guenter, Lianne Sandlot, Rutger Claussell, Giliath Osborne, and Franz Reinford. Maybe something happened when KeA was messing with causality. Has any named character that died for their first time post-Azure Tree not come back?

For reference, I'm only like 25% serious about this.
Playing along a bit, Crow died after the Tree and while he did come back, that was Gnome fuckery, not KeA.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

need to go around and talk to every npc ever now in reverie now that the world opened up

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GateOfD posted:

need to go around and talk to every npc ever now in reverie now that the world opened up

you missed one

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

GateOfD posted:

Reverie finale chapter

There is a daydream that tries to explain this. Does it strain credibility? Yes but nice try sucker this series has you by the throat you can't escape now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MechaX posted:

I’m at the start of chapter 2 in Zero; tbh for npcs I usually just talk to the roof cat and then book it to the Bracer Guild to see who’s there, and then maybe check on the downtown district weirdos

One of the boards in the bracer guild will tell you where everyone is stationed, if that helps.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

following Estelle and Joshua around Crossbell really enhances the story

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

damnit, I ordered a Fie figurine, but didn't know I already had it!
She was still in the box in my closet. damnittttt..

I also put in pre-orders for the upcoming Tio and Emma figurines. But Fie was already released, and it shipped before I had a chance to cancel...and trying to sell figurines 2nd hand is a pain...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
So I’m in the middle of Chapter 1 in Azure, I’m just wondering how badly I got spoiled on something;

I met Shirley and uh, yeah that was pretty bad. But I googled her and found out two things that I’m wondering if it’s supposed to be a gigantic deal or not

Shirley “Orlando,” oh alright, probably Randy’s sister or half-sister. But tbh, she was next to the big eye-patch dude in the intro and I just met him in game thinking “lmao this has got to by Randy’s dad.”

But the second thing is that now I know Dieter is up to sus poo poo which surprised me a little given how supportive he was in Zero

It’s not going to make me stop playing but it would be a shame if these are supposed to be big things Azure is working to reveal (my lesson is that I’m just not going to look up any character ever until I’m completely caught up)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

GateOfD posted:

damnit, I ordered a Fie figurine, but didn't know I already had it!
She was still in the box in my closet. damnittttt..

I also put in pre-orders for the upcoming Tio and Emma figurines. But Fie was already released, and it shipped before I had a chance to cancel...and trying to sell figurines 2nd hand is a pain...

What price are you looking for?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MechaX posted:

So I’m in the middle of Chapter 1 in Azure, I’m just wondering how badly I got spoiled on something;

I met Shirley and uh, yeah that was pretty bad. But I googled her and found out two things that I’m wondering if it’s supposed to be a gigantic deal or not

Shirley “Orlando,” oh alright, probably Randy’s sister or half-sister. But tbh, she was next to the big eye-patch dude in the intro and I just met him in game thinking “lmao this has got to by Randy’s dad.”

But the second thing is that now I know Dieter is up to sus poo poo which surprised me a little given how supportive he was in Zero

It’s not going to make me stop playing but it would be a shame if these are supposed to be big things Azure is working to reveal (my lesson is that I’m just not going to look up any character ever until I’m completely caught up)

They're spoilers but you haven't exactly spoiled what happens before the end credits. Don't worry about it and keep enjoying the game.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

MechaX posted:

You get the lowdown of Shirley's relationship with the characters you mentioned as early as the end of the first chapter so it's not that big a deal.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

MechaX posted:

tbh I feel like you’re at least supposed to make the Shirley connection immediately, like I was spoiled too but it’s kinda obvious when she starts smelling people and Lloyd/Elie specifically smell “familiar” or whatever.

I don’t think the Dieter thing is that big of a deal since it’s kinda multifaceted, iirc if you’re playing in localization order it gets offhandedly spoiled in its entirety at the end of Cold Steel II so you’re better off than some!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Veryslightlymad posted:

What price are you looking for?

I paid $200 for it. I see recent eBay prices going at 230-250, but if I go that route, eBay gonna take like $40 out of it anyway. If direct, I probably be fine with $170 shipped, just trying to cut my lost on it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I would 100% do that if I had the funds available.

If Veryslightlymad doesn't want it, I'll happily get it from you in like a month?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Yea, whoever wants it, I can wait, I’m in no rush to recoup what I can

I saw Estelle preorder is up, but I never played Sky.
All I know of her is from post Zero/azure. I really need Renne though

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Well, that's annoying. Estelle preorder is maxed out at the two proxies I tried, and they won't accept my card for the forwarding service I have.

MechaX posted:

(my lesson is that I’m just not going to look up any character ever until I’m completely caught up)

This is pretty standard, yes.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://x.com/NoisyPixelNews/status/1751417856456307187?s=20

I know some people in this thread aren't going to like it, but I'm absolutely stoked about this news

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

will this be the first RPG to have 1,000 party members

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Trails into Marketability

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hwurmp posted:

will this be the first RPG to have 1,000 party members

no

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1176040/I_Have_Low_Stats_But_My_Class_Is_Leader_So_I_Recruited_Everyone_I_Know_To_Fight_The_Dark_Lord/

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

SgtSteel91 posted:

https://x.com/NoisyPixelNews/status/1751417856456307187?s=20

I know some people in this thread aren't going to like it, but I'm absolutely stoked about this news

I really liked the split POV chapters with separate parties. But please no more room of time and space. Just lame filler

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
At least it still mentions revolving around Van.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SgtSteel91 posted:

I like several members of Class VII, I'm just so sick of Rean's tragic, angst filled bromance which took up half the runtime of CS2-4.

More Fie, Sara, Gaius, Machias or the new kids? Great.

More Rean and Crow drama? Pass.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i like rean.
kill crow for good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
Crow is the best. Only Rean, Crow, and New Class 7.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Was gonna say I think Reverie's 'flow' only really works because of its fanservice "all your pals are here" vibes. But I guess considering Kuro 2 it's probably just referring to the style of switching between multiple protag parties? Hope it stays with Kuro 2 style of it being per chapter and not game long routes.Think that would be a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I like several members of Class VII, I'm just so sick of Rean's tragic, angst filled bromance which took up half the runtime of CS2-4.

More Fie, Sara, Gaius, Machias or the new kids? Great.

More Rean and Crow drama? Pass.

Unless I'm missing something, Reverie pretty much wraps up Rean's sad comedy that was his life

Not done with Reverie just yet, I'm at Act 3 atm, but I know there's some beef or at least there has to be a re-match between him and Shizuna. And then there's whatever's happening in the East that he and Class 7 wanted to help out with at some point.