Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this thread is kind of like the royal rumble with all the posters no one recognizes who keep showing up and getting a poor reaction

i’ve been posting off & on for years, and i know a couple people recognize me. still doesn’t excuse the poor reaction i get though.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i’ve been posting off & on for years, and i know a couple people recognize me. still doesn’t excuse the poor reaction i get though.

Getting Bluetista'd isn't so funny now, is it??

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this thread is kind of like the royal rumble with all the posters no one recognizes who keep showing up and getting a poor reaction

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Okay which thread is the Rumble GDT thread??

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

escape artist posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052930

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

escape artist posted:

Here

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
AEW and NJPW are really fun to watch and everyone should do that tonight

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Grem posted:

You know these two things are wildly different

yes because miramax made content that appealed to people with an education level beyond the 8th grade

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Count Thrashula posted:

AEW and NJPW are really fun to watch and everyone should do that tonight

I still have the Battle in the Valley show before they start their Feb run.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yes because miramax made content that appealed to people with an education level beyond the 8th grade

Well that and if most people had to name four Miramax films in the last ten years off the top of their heads they'd have to be wildly lucky to go 4/4. People watch WWE, no one says they watch Miramax movies because Miramax doesn't put the brand before all else.

What I'm saying is Vince's transgressions should tank WWE while I think a lot of people would have trouble naming the studio Weinstein worked for. In fact I'm just going off that one posters word that he was even affiliated with Miramax.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

CarlCX posted:

We all watch wrestling and I have it on good authority that it's fake so we're all morons.

What?! No!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

1glitch0 posted:

Getting Bluetista'd isn't so funny now, is it??

nah i’m just a bad poster. it’s accurate.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Grem posted:

In fact I'm just going off that one posters word that he was even affiliated with Miramax.

What?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
some folk in a discord i'm at watching the rumble, whatever i don't care for them that much, but it made me find out that the Universal fourway match was in the middle of the show. Like it was directly followed by the US title match. Does HHH not know how to book a card?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

some folk in a discord i'm at watching the rumble, whatever i don't care for them that much, but it made me find out that the Universal fourway match was in the middle of the show. Like it was directly followed by the US title match. Does HHH not know how to book a card?

Roman Reigns needs to get out early before any media can ask him for comment.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Grem posted:

Well that and if most people had to name four Miramax films in the last ten years off the top of their heads they'd have to be wildly lucky to go 4/4. People watch WWE, no one says they watch Miramax movies because Miramax doesn't put the brand before all else.

What I'm saying is Vince's transgressions should tank WWE while I think a lot of people would have trouble naming the studio Weinstein worked for. In fact I'm just going off that one posters word that he was even affiliated with Miramax.

Miramax was named for Weinstein's parents

E: also I'm pretty sure that the Miramax logo was displayed quite prominently on the films they released, so :lol: at them not putting their brand "before all else". This is a Hollywood movie studio we're talking about, they absolutely want their brand front and center

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
This show has been so boring. I was wrong, I shouldn't have watched :( The crowd is asleep

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i support endeavor

...s for psp to be righteous and angry tonite

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Sasha Banks – who did NOT sign!

(said in Gonzo’s voice from The Muppet Christmas Carol saying “Tiny Tim – who did NOT die!”)

Don’t know if this is funny or not but I think about that line delivery a lot.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Ganso Bomb posted:

(said in Gonzo’s voice from The Muppet Christmas Carol saying “Tiny Tim – who did NOT die!”)

It's very funny imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

I'm out at Medieval Times. And if I wasn't I still wouldn't be watching.

medieval times is real

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Ganso Bomb posted:

that's one hundred percent how it's written in the original printing. all caps and everything. Gonzo is nothing if not respectful of the source material.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Why is there a Universal world title and a world title?

I just heard that Roman Reigns has been champion for almost 4 years lol. They're still doing that to WWE fans? I haven't watched WWE in years, I was just curious about CM Punk returning so started again this month

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
drat I wish I was at Medieval Times right now

I've got stuffed crust pizza at least

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's very funny imo

I appreciate your support

Karma Tornado posted:

that's one hundred percent how it's written in the original printing. all caps and everything. Gonzo is nothing if not respectful of the source material.

I only just learned that this past year and it made me love it even more!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Medieval Times was sweet. Chicken was real good. My knight lost.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

some bust on that guy posted:

I just heard that Roman Reigns has been champion for almost 4 years lol. They're still doing that to WWE fans? I haven't watched WWE in years, I was just curious about CM Punk returning so started again this month

So they can have a participation trophy for the people that can't beat Roman, which is literally everybody ever.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

some bust on that guy posted:

Drakkel posted:

So they can have a participation trophy for the people that can't beat Roman, which is literally everybody ever.

That isn't a sarcastic response, OP. That's almost the exact stated reason.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Enjoyed one of the 700 films Miramax has produced over the past four decades? Sorry, pal, it’s curtains for your credibility!

EDIT: Seriously, though, what the hell are we even doing here? lol

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
People don't even like Roman, why is Paul keeping him champ for like 4 years

Just dumbshit booking

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Hulk Hogan making his comeback to WWE to shill for Clearwater, Florida on this week of all weeks is some next level poo poo.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

1glitch0 posted:

That isn't a sarcastic response, OP. That's almost the exact stated reason.
Yeah roman was RAW and Smackdown champ for a while so they introduced a third World Title to "unify" them which Roman won and then just started wearing all three belts. So they introduced a fourth. There are four world titles and one man has 3 of them

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

1glitch0 posted:

Hulk Hogan making his comeback to WWE to shill for Clearwater, Florida on this week of all weeks is some next level poo poo.

LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY BROTHER

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

Yeah roman was RAW and Smackdown champ for a while so they introduced a third World Title to "unify" them which Roman won and then just started wearing all three belts. So they introduced a fourth. There are four world titles and one man has 3 of them

:lol:

Who loves Roman Reigns so much? Even with the change of management, he still persists. Triple H for the past decade?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

1glitch0 posted:

Thunder in Paradise was basically a commercial for Tampa Bay so if anything he's consistent

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The fact they went "Whose our least problematic legend we can drag out right now?" and the answer was Hulk loving Hogan sure says a lot.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

Enjoyed one of the 700 films Miramax has produced over the past four decades? Sorry, pal, it’s curtains for your credibility!

EDIT: Seriously, though, what the hell are we even doing here? lol

The actual funny part is the Weinsteins haven’t been associated with Miramax for twenty years, they left over disagreements with Disney not wanting to distribute Fahrenheit 9/11. They literally named their follow-up company The Weinstein Company, and Harvey’s crimes destroyed that company entirely, as one might expect for a production company with a rapist’s surname emblazoned on it.

Miramax eventually got sold off to a venture capital firm by Disney (well before the crimes were made public; they were pivoting to the Iger plan of strengthening the core branding, abandoning prestige cinema, and eventually just buying their way to blockbuster success with teen boys), and is now owned by Paramount and just put out The Holdovers and #1 movie in the country at least during this past week, The Beekeeper. It as a company is so decoupled from its founders that I think people would be surprised if you told them “oh it was co-founded by the serial rapist film producer”.

Wouldn’t shock me if that’s why Vince was in such a hurry to sell when he reassumed control of the company, all of this would have probably burned WWE to the ground had he not managed to slide it into a larger conglomerate before poo poo truly hit the fan.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
saw a clip of Andrade returning and it wasn't a big pop. Why do people pay so much money for these and not cheer their asses off? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Miramax was named for Weinstein's parents

Most people who have seen a Miramax film doesn't know that, I certainly didn't, and I've seen plenty.

E: like if you told me Avatar was a Miramax film I'd believe you because that's just not something most people pay attention to, even though it's at the beginning of all their movies.