Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Ammanas posted:

i think he's going to win roty

I think the Los Angeles Lakers might really have something with this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ammanas posted:

i think he's going to win roty

ben simmons back magically healing when he hears about the fabled 20 year rookie

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1751472931996393887?s=20

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
wemby is a real rookie

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ammanas posted:

so you would not trade chet for wemby? ok got it ill let pop know not to send the offer

This is not the same thing as who is having a better season. It's not terribly hard to have a better season than someone who has more potential than you.

Ammanas posted:

well now I'm curious why ghost dog thought wemby was having a substantially worse season than chet? i did too until i looked it up, mostly from media narrative stuff

Chet was doing way better not that long ago, Wemby has been catching up and Chet has taken a bit of a step back. Its not all narrative, it's just things change.

6 weeks ago Chet was definitely having a better season, but Wemby is having his best month as a pro so this might not be a comparison at all by the end of the season. Chet is also a key player on a very good team (that is also rating out MUCH better defensively) and that will factor. Chet is also almost 2 years older which really makes a difference, but I don't think that should really weigh that much into ROY.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

On the real I'm glad the rich traditional rivalry of the Thunder-Spurs is continuing into another generation, complete with OKC also not winning a ring this time as well.

Zombie Sonics

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hey guys I know this may shock you but those therapy sessions for Draymond may not have actually worked

https://youtu.be/LQ2_pzV0lD0?si=whNvj-UUf868LPzb

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Payton/Kemp sonics were one of my favorite teams as a kid so it's only fitting basketball ahriman is now wielding them against me as an instrument of hatred.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

No one plays the aggrieved passive aggressive guy quite like Kerr

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1751475639482466416?s=20

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

Metapod I love you but anyone in this thread that uses the term hooper jokingly or not shouldn’t get banned

Agreed

Lmao

temple posted:

wemby is a real rookie

I'm sure the guy who had an entire country build him a perfect development team to showcase his skills is just like all the others

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Anyway Timberwolves are playing very unserious basketball right now and they really need to figure it out.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://x.com/lakersreporter/status/1751469849895932079?s=46&t=-Xph8rh7aZz1xpeP_SGXlw

:hmmyes:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

man managed to convince a professional referee in one of the 3 major american leagues to respect the Do Over call and is complaining about officiating lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

I'm sure the guy who had an entire country build him a perfect development team to showcase his skills is just like all the others
Minnesota, Oklahoma and Washington have a combined GDP twenty times that of France. We all know the deep state led by cackling three toothed miners with neckbeards and weird guys who look like Abraham Lincoln (40% of goons) have been trying to manipulate the narrative in favor of Chet. They host all the podcasts.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

A segment of Wolves fans on social media are loudly calling for Finch's job. This is the problem when the Vikes are out early and the Wild are a trainwreck, the idiot bandwagoners hop on to the Wolves.

they turn to poo without conley

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
We just can't tell which guy is doing better
The one leading a team coached by the greatest ever to 2 wins above Jordan poole

OR

The one that turned a barely 10th seed coached by a guy no one knows into the 1st seed in the west

Impossible to tell

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

you did dodge the podcast accusation. does chet have or has he ever had a podcast?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

you did dodge the podcast accusation. does chet have or has he ever had a podcast?

Only thing chet has to do with a podcast is making people call the gambling addiction hotline from ads after people bet against him

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

He's no Naz Reid

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

Most podcast hosts look like shrunken chets. Look it up. Checkmate.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Metapod posted:

We just can't tell which guy is doing better
The one leading a team coached by the greatest ever to 2 wins above Jordan poole

OR

The one that turned a barely 10th seed coached by a guy no one knows into the 1st seed in the west

Impossible to tell

You're right, Wemby on the Thunder would make them unstoppable.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Laugh now but the receipts are gonna come in for White Shawn Bradley in a season or two when Wemby has some actual support.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Metapod posted:

Only thing chet has to do with a podcast is making people call the gambling addiction hotline from ads after people bet against him

true, true

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Laugh now but the receipts are gonna come in for White Shawn Bradley in a season or two when Wemby has some actual support.

Took Minnesota much longer than a season or two to find enough people to hide towns you're in for a long haul buddy see you in 2032 when wemby can finally compete

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

WhyteRyce posted:

maybe your soft baby team should drive to the rim more if they want to go to the line more, steve. the lakers have famously never benefited from bad ref calls against other california teams.

Ghost Dog posted:

by basically every metric? wemby is shooting pretty bad, and yeah i understand there are reasons for it. doesnt really change the fact that hes been outplayed pretty severely by chet. i dont really care who gets the award

chet is losing to wemby in the most important metric, actually being a rookie.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Wemby is obviously the ROY. The Chet convos are just as pathetic as the Derrick White for All-Star bullshit that The Ringer is peddling.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chet had a much better first month or so than wemby but he has come down somewhat since november when he was shooting like steph curry meanwhile wemby has been playing out of his mind since late december

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pop is running a masterclass in tanking while pretending not to this year by spending the first two months playing wemby out of position and without a point guard then once they couldn't keep that charade up much longer they put him on a tight minutes restriction for the next month

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

If you were a veteran free agent, would you sign with the spurs?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

If I were a vet PG looking to put up gaudy stats next to Wemby for a big future contract, I'd sign for a couple of years with a player option.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymond forcing a trade and then doing the funniest thing

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Mean Baby posted:

Wemby is obviously the ROY. The Chet convos are just as pathetic as the Derrick White for All-Star bullshit that The Ringer is peddling.
derrick is mvp, bitch

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Chet seems good and he and the thunder are fun to watch. He might not be rookie of the year but it's cool watching him be weird shaped and doing good basketball things.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

temple posted:

derrick is mvp, bitch

I’m fine if the Celtics want to circle jerk each other but keep it on the low.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Rookie Yao ming got 250k more all star votes than Shaq in 2003. Barkley and Shaq learned some poo poo about casual racism that year.

Also I know it's over with but I just put wembys advanced stats next to chets and the Frenchman is acclimating way, way faster to the NBA

D White MVP

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://youtu.be/6nc8PGrsAzs?si=NnKwcauQnreMAp2r

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
lebron james

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

This loving alien

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

toggle posted:

If you were a veteran free agent, would you sign with the spurs?

Gonna be hard for D'lo to turn down that $20mil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

WhyteRyce posted:

anyone in this thread that uses the term hooper jokingly or not shouldn’t get banned

:( aww man I wanted to use that term