Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Which one of you input bighead mode for Luxon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004
Someone dropped their boat on the northern motorway.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Why does he always look like he is biting his lower lip, orgasming constantly or at least trying to abstain from orgasming

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

klen dool posted:

Why does he always look like he is biting his lower lip, orgasming constantly or at least trying to abstain from orgasming

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

This is a hell of a post to come across when you're lying down, holding your phone close to your stomach.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

That's Amandas favourite view

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Spyderizer posted:

Someone dropped their boat on the northern motorway.

Non-car transport causing traffic jams

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Front fell off

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/507913/watch-live-james-shaw-resigns-as-green-party-co-leader
https://twitter.com/jamespeshaw/status/1752089326824104285?s=20
James Shaw's out. Any bets on who his replacement will be?

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 29, 2024

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
someone post the chloe jeb meme

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
chlœ has knifed james shaw 😔

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

patiently waiting for the herald editorial about how the replacement isn't a white man and is therefore bad for attracting national voters

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Ghostlight posted:

patiently waiting for the herald editorial about how the replacement isn't a white man and is therefore bad for attracting national voters

they just need to wait for the posts on r/nz saying this to use as anecdotal evidence

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
Hopefully not Chloe, I suspect her popularity would wain if she was associated with the powerlessness of minor opposition party co-leader. Also I don't think she needs the additional vitriol.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i think swarbrick is unlikely given how many times she's said she wasn't interested in a leadership role over her local representation one

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's a foregone conclusion that Chloe will be the next leader. She has already decided to put her name forward and there's literally no way the party would elect someone else over her.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

oh well then nevertheless

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

voiceless anal fricative posted:

It's a foregone conclusion that Chloe will be the next leader. She has already decided to put her name forward and there's literally no way the party would elect someone else over her.

can you get her to read lenin, or at least to google 'democratic centralism'

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

can you get her to say "pokémon are real. geodude is real, and strong, and he's my friend" in a press conference

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yes and yes. Anyone else want to throw in some stuff for me to get Chloe to do?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

capital gains tax

klen dool
May 7, 2007

get chloe to do an plank and have an beer with prince william

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Communism

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

klen dool posted:

get chloe to do an plank and have an beer with prince william

I like this idea too, I'll add play golf with Obama

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Slavvy posted:

Communism

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Destroy capitalism. Thanks Chloe.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i think chloe should disappoint everybody who put their faith in her

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

i think chloe should disappoint everybody who put their faith in her

I hope this is a cunning reverse jynx move

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

coup

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The destruction of the west.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
It's looking increasingly certain that chloe will put her name forward tomorrow.
edit: I was wrong! But this time it's tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/tomdaynz/status/1752930727329673539?s=20

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Feb 1, 2024

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

So this is a dumb question. Probably even one google would answer but I'm lazy and that'd involve opening chrome.
How do politicians who aren't in cabinet get paid? Or do they all need real person jobs until their time comes.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2020/0327/latest/whole.html

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004
You mean outside parliament?

Outside cabinet includes some ministers, non ministerial MPs and opposition. They'd all be on Parliamentary services payroll. It's actually a full time job even if you're an opposition list MP.

For outside parliament, like being #28 on the list and they've only got 27 MPs, you'd be needing your own source of income.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Spiteski posted:

So this is a dumb question. Probably even one google would answer but I'm lazy and that'd involve opening chrome.
How do politicians who aren't in cabinet get paid? Or do they all need real person jobs until their time comes.

Cabinet is a small portion of the government, members of parliament all get a salary, ministers in cabinet get a bigger one. If you're not in Parliament you don't get paid.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ok that makes sense. Cheers for that. I thought it might be the case but wasn't sure.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Confusedslight posted:

It's looking increasingly certain that chloe will put her name forward tomorrow.

Def going to the local meeting tonight

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Tamatha Paul's maiden speech was fantastic. Weirdly having even a small amount of hope watching parliament tv but hey.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
she's a great speaker, makes chlőe look like dirt tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012