Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

euroshopper posted:

unrelated but why are finns uniquely brain-broken online? like even compared to other euros it's crazy

the further they stray from rally, sauna and reindeer the greater their mental malaise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Weka posted:

Seems likely given what we know of biology that the things giving rise to consciousness are distributed throughout the body although denser of course in the brain.
The fascia operates partially independently to threats, and very quickly, before the brain can process things. Almost like how a jellyfish or a worm responds to stimuli. In people with PTSD, it can be way overtuned and it's part of the reason why it can be so hard to recover from it. This is fairly well known, but the body can also sort of store emotional triggers in them to function in survival situations. Like instead of going to emotional processing it gets bypassed and locked in place somatically.

A while back, I was doing yoga and trying to be extra mindful for most of a day. I could eventually perceive the whole fascial system and let it relax- I could basically ragdoll completely when normally I'm fairly stiff. Lots of crinkling. It felt almost like an internal speed suit. I then felt really vulnerable and had a panic attack, and my spine got frozen up in like 30 different hosed up ways though, oops.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

nice obelisk idiot posted:

The fascia operates partially independently to threats, and very quickly, before the brain can process things. Almost like how a jellyfish or a worm responds to stimuli. In people with PTSD, it can be way overtuned and it's part of the reason why it can be so hard to recover from it. This is fairly well known, but the body can also sort of store emotional triggers in them to function in survival situations. Like instead of going to emotional processing it gets bypassed and locked in place somatically.

A while back, I was doing yoga and trying to be extra mindful for most of a day. I could eventually perceive the whole fascial system and let it relax- I could basically ragdoll completely when normally I'm fairly stiff. Lots of crinkling. It felt almost like an internal speed suit. I then felt really vulnerable and had a panic attack, and my spine got frozen up in like 30 different hosed up ways though, oops.

Mostly same

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

:hai:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

FirstnameLastname posted:

ever notice ur skin is not inside of your head and but you feel it inside of your head?
the entire things an illusion created by input from several component parts
where is you it's not your vision
that's not even real it's a composite from two separate eyeballs
itsa hallucination that works well
there is no individual point of self or free will
consciousness is a composite sum of several collective processes that respond over different timespans up different stimuli
your conscious mind is signal output gathering in one spot, that's going back out to other spots to do things, they send stuff back and your mind updates
you're welcome

I am real, nobody else is- how many times must we go over this?? :mad:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

a song i really like a lot is "nobodys real", by powerman 5000

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

hmmm

Cindy the SKULL
Nov 27, 2023

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the solution to this problem of solipsism, is the stimulation of the prostrate

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

lobster shirt posted:

a song i really like a lot is "nobodys real", by powerman 5000

PM5K is underrated imo. Did you know the main guy is Rob Zombie's younger brother? Now that's a cool family.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rob Zombie uses his money to rescue farm animals slated for the slaughter and that's neat :kiddo:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

I've noticed yoga can sometimes trigger my seizures. Wild how things interconnect in the body.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

doing suburban mom exercises and dying

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

pilates is a serious rear end beater

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

kill the fascia in your head

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i want to know what all the neurological material in my gut is doing. is this an octopus intelligence situation where we have multiple brain-like things

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut%96brain_axis

quote:

enteric nervous system also makes use of more than 30 neurotransmitters, most of which are identical to the ones found in CNS, such as acetylcholine, dopamine, and serotonin. More than 90% of the body's serotonin lies in the gut, as well as about 50% of the body's dopamine;

HAIL eSATA-n has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Jan 28, 2024

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

the further they stray from rally, sauna and reindeer the greater their mental malaise

tbf this seems normal. i could use more rally, sauna, and reindeer instead of work and depression

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If you get a kidney removed you get a -4% debuff to INT

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i want to know what all the neurological material in my gut is doing. is this an octopus intelligence situation where we have multiple brain-like things

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gut–brain_axis

concerning

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

DaysBefore posted:

If you get a kidney removed you get a -4% debuff to INT

skill issue

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

thinking about jess la bombalera today

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I got plantar’s fascia but it don’t slow me down much. gm goons.

https://youtu.be/he-z7XWDGFM?si=nqqkbo11cl_hTo1M

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Revisiting music from my youth by searching YouTube for "Rockband 2 playlist". Reciting the lyrics like an activated mentat, each run still modulated to how the ol fisher price game measured pitch completely divorced from reality.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

DaysBefore posted:

kill the fascia in your head

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

selec posted:

Buy new shoes

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

selec posted:

all planetars are fascists

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Buy new shoes

bruh this used to be a real problem for me, but i'm a changed man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
consumed an accidental amount of thc ln trying to deal with a bad back and slept for 12 hours

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Al! posted:

consumed an accidental amount of thc ln trying to deal with a bad back and slept for 12 hours

I woke up with a bad back yesterday too but fixed it in an hour with a magical combo of naproxen, bio-freeze roll-on, and one of those mats with the plastic spikes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My morning project was putting up cork board above my old rear end pc and placing various buttons and enamel pins I have bought from flea markets, antique stores, or tourist traps I've been to over the years. I plan on getting 2 flag banners to hang down on either side and will move certain buttons to each.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

wb ewb

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a powerful technique....

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm the pin that just says "WIN"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mr Hootington posted:

My morning project was putting up cork board above my old rear end pc and placing various buttons and enamel pins I have bought from flea markets, antique stores, or tourist traps I've been to over the years. I plan on getting 2 flag banners to hang down on either side and will move certain buttons to each.

cool

lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm the pin that just says "WIN"

whip inflation now!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

nitrous oxide would have tremendous explanatory power for hootington posts actually.. much to consider ..

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

lumpentroll posted:

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

moms are tough

selec
Sep 6, 2003

COOKIE

that’s a great board hootington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mr Hootington posted:

so who is chubby monroe!!?!?!?!?!?