Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Doesn't the senate still have to convict a impeachment of a cabinet member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKub
May 11, 2006

sugar free jazz posted:

no this is real I just checked it’s on his feed, wow it’s kinda crazy

No way donny wrote that

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hollismason posted:

Doesn't the senate still have to convict a impeachment of a cabinet member.

Yes, and the threshold is still two thirds.

Republicans see polling show immigration is their best issue and they’re absolutely going to blow their wad on it before July.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

When the Pledge of Allegiance brainwashing ritual that every American school kid is forced to participate in gets internalized to such a degree that you think our country’s logo is more deserving of love and respect than the people who live here.

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, Trump’s dopey flag humping stunt or a person admitting on camera that they admire him for it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ralph Hurley posted:

When the Pledge of Allegiance brainwashing ritual that every American school kid is forced to participate in gets internalized to such a degree that you think our country’s logo is more deserving of love and respect than the people who live here.

I don’t know what’s more embarrassing, Trump’s dopey flag humping stunt or a person admitting on camera that they admire him for it.

Or Democrats inevitably stroking their chins and going "perhaps if we integrated some flag hugging into our messaging"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Can’t wait until this is submitted as evidence when he tries to get out of paying Carroll!

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This is a compromise. Half the House GOP wants to impeach Biden, the other half realizes doing so would only boost Biden’s approvals in an election year, so they’re letting them impeach a cabinet member… as a treat.

Basically, give the baby a lolly to shut it up.

Maybe, but it seems like a big part of it is just continuing the plan to try to make the election about immigration, rather than all the issues like Trump's behavior, abortion, etc. that they've realized are losers for them. That's what Ken Paxton's stunt is about, too.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Ralph Hurley posted:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Data Graham posted:

Or Democrats inevitably stroking their chins and going "perhaps if we integrated some flag hugging into our messaging"

They should look into seeing if they can make some flags that hug back, show ever one who the flag really loves.

I believe we have the technology to do that now.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Shitshow posted:

He’s outright admitting to fraud in those tweets.

He’s been doing it all along. The $18MM figure is his.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

dr_rat posted:

They should look into seeing if they can make some flags that hug back, show ever one who the flag really loves.

I believe we have the technology to do that now.

Now that Trump has definitely seen that person loving him for that stunt (you know he's endlessly Binging his name), he's going to do it a lot more.

I want to rig one to slap him in the face when he tries to touch it. Then have the flag sue him for assault.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

credburn posted:

Golly, I Margaret, I just can't believe the guy who bragged about being a rapist and admitted to being a rapist and everyone has known about being a rapist for decades was found to be a rapist, now I need to reevaluate whether or not I want to work for the guy.

It's not that they don't know he's a rapist, it's that they don't care. They can't say that though, so they gather a collection easily defeated doubts, strawmen arguments, and what aboutisms to throw out like a smoke bomb when they get cornered.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

all about that flag hugging. flag hugging deez nuts

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Habba was the kid brought on to fetch coffee, TRUMP barely met her.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

He’s been doing it all along. The $18MM figure is his.

“The judge is accusing me of valuing my property at the exact amount I submitted for a property tax assessment. Witch hunt!”

Also

“Square footage isn’t an exact science, that’s why I said my apartment is three times the actual size. The bank should have measured it.”

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Data Graham posted:

Reclaiming patriotism back from the chuds would play well with all the squishy suburban types that cheer for Team USA at like the Olympics and whatever. It's not a project without merit.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh my god, he admit it!

I saw a car today with Trump-sign-style bumper stickers attached to the side windows (???) that said JUST SAY NO TO MARXISM and LET'S LIVE BY THE CONSTITUTION

I assert that this person has not the slightest idea what Marxism is or could give even a vague conceptual overview of what is in the Constitution

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Habba? Never heard of her!

Whenever someone in his employ screws up big time, he always denies knowing them.

Now we wait for the inevitable sexual harassment trial between Trump and Habba where he says he never met her.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Oh my god, he admit it!

I saw a car today with Trump-sign-style bumper stickers attached to the side windows (???) that said JUST SAY NO TO MARXISM and LET'S LIVE BY THE CONSTITUTION

I assert that this person has not the slightest idea what Marxism is or could give even a vague conceptual overview of what is in the Constitution

I spotted a guy at a local game store wearing a t-shirt that said something along the lines of, "The Constitution does not need to be rewritten, it needs to be read," and I just thought to myself, "Is this dude forgetting what amendments are?"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kw0134 posted:

Reclaiming patriotism back from the chuds would play well with all the squishy suburban types that cheer for Team USA at like the Olympics and whatever. It's not a project without merit.

Agreed, though when I think about how that would play out I always have this intrusive thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JAUqxsH4go

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

If you press them enough, they will tell you the 13th, 16th, 19th, and 26th amendments at least were mistakes.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

One side of this argument makes perfect sense to me. The other side - the one in the reply - reads like nonsense, word barf, and gobbledygook.

What frightens me is that I suspect half the population sees it my way, and for the other half, it reads the exact opposite.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

One side of this argument makes perfect sense to me. The other side - the one in the reply - reads like nonsense, word barf, and gobbledygook.

What frightens me is that I suspect half the population sees it my way, and for the other half, it reads the exact opposite.

His argument boils down to, "When we do the indoctrination, it's okay, because it's for my team. When other people do the indoctrination, it's bad."

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Growing up catholic, the reply makes perfect sense to me (which is different from agreeing with it). “If we don’t force people to believe this poo poo, nobody will. It sure as poo poo isn’t going to maintain a following on its own merits.”

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Batterypowered7 posted:

His argument boils down to, "When we do the indoctrination, it's okay, because it's for my team. When other people do the indoctrination, it's bad."

See also "Rarrrgh these liberals and their virtue signalling! :argh: Anyway I'm gonna go buy tickets for a Ted Nugent concert, never mind I've never been to a concert before or liked his music, we have to support him. And don't drink that Bud Light, I'm saving it for a video I'm making later"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I habba never met her, habba never seen her before, she's a deranged and low energy woman

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

kazil posted:

That Trump Truth about Alina is fake

Well it really speaks to the state of things that I would believe it is real!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Batterypowered7 posted:

I spotted a guy at a local game store wearing a t-shirt that said something along the lines of, "The Constitution does not need to be rewritten, it needs to be read," and I just thought to myself, "Is this dude forgetting what amendments are?"

Sometimes I am awed that the constitution still doesn't ban slavery, it just requires a court to sign off on it. And we had a whole civil war over that.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

how would the police even function without TOTAL IMMUNITY and the ability to enslave people every now and then, as a treat?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Sometimes I am awed that the constitution still doesn't ban slavery, it just requires a court to sign off on it. And we had a whole civil war over that.

Well yeah, because FREEDOM is paramount. Freedom to deprive others of freedom!

FREEDOM

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Has Texas started an international incident and/or shooting war with their own country yet? Wasn't that this weekend?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Droogie posted:

Has Texas started an international incident and/or shooting war with their own country yet? Wasn't that this weekend?

Yes, we are in a civil war now. Hasn't anyone been by to recruit you?

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This is a compromise. Half the House GOP wants to impeach Biden, the other half realizes doing so would only boost Biden’s approvals in an election year, so they’re letting them impeach a cabinet member… as a treat.

Basically, give the baby a lolly to shut it up.

It really seems like they are doing this too early in the year because they have no discipline and by November no one will remember this.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

nunsexmonkrock posted:

"Keeping America Dry"

If I had more time I'd Photoshop Ben Shapiro into this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh my god

Beep beep goes the bus

He is absolutely stuck with her, is she a good lawyer? Not even remotely, but she is the best he is able to get.

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

kazil posted:

Yes, we are in a civil war now. Hasn't anyone been by to recruit you?

I'm not allowed to play with guns or knives D:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Droogie posted:

I'm not allowed to play with guns or knives D:

That's generally safer for people's genitalia

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

That patriot convoy is heading down to the border this week and is now endorsed by God.

quote:

“This is a biblical, monumental moment that’s been put together by God,” one convoy organizer said on a recent planning call. “We are besieged on all sides by dark forces of evil,” said another. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God. It is time for the remnant to rise.” (The remnant, from the Book of Revelation, are the ones who remain faithful to Jesus Christ in times of crisis).

The narratives inherent to Christian nationalism offer moral justification for engaging in violence, says Braunstein, and in the context of the escalating drama over the border, that makes some of the organizers’ rhetoric concerning. Braunstein cited polling by Public Religion Research Institute finding that nearly a third of Republicans believe that “true American patriots may have to resort to violence to save the country.”

The same study found that number jumped by ten percentage points when combined with Christian Nationalist ideology, and belief in racist “replacement theory” that suggests that “immigrants are invading our country and replacing our cultural and ethnic background.”
https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/trucker-convoy-eagle-pass-texas-border-dispute-christian-nationalism

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

GreatGreen posted:

Excuse me he only scored in the top 2nd percentile, which implies he missed at least one question.

Do we know which question he missed? Maybe he doesn’t know what that camel looks like after all.

I thought 2nd percentile means he only scored better than 2% of all test takers. Meaning he did really bad. Or does a higher score in this case mean more dementia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Machai posted:

I thought 2nd percentile means he only scored better than 2% of all test takers. Meaning he did really bad. Or does a higher score in this case mean more dementia?

Yeah, he probably meant 98th percentile.

But he is a moron.