Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My shoe's HP is lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Level 21 shoe.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Did they nerf my shoe's earning power?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Splicer posted:

What is the business model here? Strip away all the buzzwords and pretend the tokens are actually worth money and what is the point of this? "Pay us money to pay you to walk" what's the point? How is this supposed to... anything?

Anyone who asks this is not the target audience for it.

Crypto is magic. It just makes money. No mechanism is necessary.

SettingSun posted:

NFTs may be dead but the grift will live on forever.

I am so loving happy that I have no idea what that number is referencing.

VVV emptyquote VVV

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 26, 2024

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Shoe RPG sounds fun but I'd prefer a soleslike

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The Bible posted:

I am so loving happy that I have no idea what that number is referencing.

I think the numbers reference something even dumber than you could possibly imagine It's how you would notate the hand movements for a kamehameha if it was an input in a fighting game (just a wild guess)

but double lol at how they made themselves Legally Distinct by spelling Saiyan wrong

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 26, 2024

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

JammyB posted:

Shoe RPG sounds fun but I'd prefer a soleslike

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Splicer posted:

Level 21 shoe.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Cyrano4747 posted:

Can't wait to be a digital sneaker landlord.

Better yet, can't wait to buy a few hundred digital sneakers then hire cheap labor in the Philippines

When you're talking about special sneakers it's spelled Philippes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
which DB character would be stupid enough to think coinz are good?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Krillin

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Mr. Satan absolutely would launch a coin

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I love reading the descriptions of shitcoins.

Sure, cryptocurrency might not produce anything of value, but it's certainly inspired some impressive corporatese.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Splicer posted:

I know that, you know that, but how is any mark supposed to read this and think "Yes, yes, this makes sense, this is a thing that I want to put my money in"? Like, even if you don't know it's a scam, how do you not just think it's a bad business venture?

These schemes are designed to fool the sort of people who like to fantasize about A) new ways to monetize things and B) new ways to financially speculate (gamble) on things. They want to believe it is possible to monetize walking, and that the are the sort of visionaries who will someday get rich by getting in on the ground floor of that. It’s easy to convince someone of something they already want to believe.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Heath posted:

Mr. Satan absolutely would launch a coin

Yeah but that would only start off as a scam and then turn legit.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ariong posted:

It’s easy to convince someone of something they already want to believe.
Sounds plausible, I'll trust you on this.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sounds stressful, i bet you have to be lace-r focussed when playing.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

We're talking about DBZ now.

No. Bad goons.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Bible posted:

We're talking about DBZ now.

No. Bad goons.

Everyone asking "where is Launch?"

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Yamcha would totally be a coiner. Oolong the pig too. They'd constantly be badgering old man Roshi to mortgage his house and cash out his savings, because it's going to the moon! (which mysteriously keeps getting destroyed and reappearing)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
As a child my father always came home right at the time Pokemon started, so I knew that when the car pulled up it was time to watch pokemon. One day he came home late and I ended up watching DBZ and it took me a long time to realise it wasn't just a bunch of new weird pokemon. This was my dragon ball zed story thanks for reading, have a good night.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

That is adorable

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Goku is def. a pokemon btw

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I present to you, a maximum crazy rant of a lunatic who is all in on Crypto and right wing propaganda to an extreme, to the level that they went from their native country to visit Russia. It hits literally all the check boxes in one rant. Their profile links to bitchute videos. Guy talks crypto all day.

crazy people posted:

Guys my 35 day trip in Russia was awesome. So everyone is aware the sanctions are useless. They haven't stopped anything other than helped Russians start new local manufacturing businesses which is a few years time they will be more self dependent and when this new cold war is over Russia is more power as has the goods to export. Ukraine is toast as is the puppet Zelenski. The shelves were always stocked apart from of course the day before the holidays when fresh bread and produce is not delivered otherwise it will spoil over the holidays. I know there was news in the west showing empty shelves timed perfectly to the only day of the year in Russia that this happens. Otherwise I enjoyed exotic fruit for breakfast everyday, non GMO and organic food everyday. The food tastes so much better in Russia than in the UK and most western countries with all the processing that goes on. I met dozens of locals and the majority have the same issue most have in the west (the grass is greener on the other side of the fence). They don't see their health care is far superior (eg every resident is entitled to a 3 year significant preventative health check-up, the cost of operations is around 1/10th of costs over seas, doctors have less equipment but they actually know what they are doing, and the medicine is just better (eg interferon and most have less interactions and side affects). My older brother had an operation while there and he was in very good hands and recovered quickly with no issues. Around 3% of Russians who where not smart enough got the experimental Vax while the rest got the fake 'passport' that worked perfectly even though the restrictions were hardly enforced apart for the occasional media show... The wise Russians abused the snow cones, there was reports I heard about of masked people being yelled at to humiliation, until they got off public transport, I heard of one masked man was killed for hassling the non masked. Now that is a country who knows what's going on and isn't full of sheep and weaklings.

If there is any objections I welcome you to go to Russian and see for yourself if you won't believe a 1st hand eye witness.

Bolded moments where the crazy guy went full RT.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://youtu.be/Vx0tkoJY_mk?si=mHh15bmndte7jtpY

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Russia sucks.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

There's no crypto in that rant! That's just a bog standard lunatic.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I present to you, a maximum crazy rant of a lunatic who is all in on Crypto and right wing propaganda to an extreme, to the level that they went from their native country to visit Russia. It hits literally all the check boxes in one rant. Their profile links to bitchute videos. Guy talks crypto all day.

:smug: That’s right: ALL the stores had food on their shelves EVERY SINGLE DAY (except the one day they didn’t have food obviously.)

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

notwithoutmyanus posted:

Any time these conspiracists start going on about THE VACCIIIIIIINE it makes me twitch, because like, which one!! There are so many! Russia’s Sputnik V wasn’t even one of the scary mRNA sorts, it used more traditional vaccine methods.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lmao well poo poo

https://x.com/palworlds_jp/status/1752756323953831943?s=46&t=DvvqeOcggle6VW8Wu5D9WA

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is that a surprise to anybody?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

is this

https://www.404media.co/binance-internal-code-and-passwords-exposed-on-github-for-months/

quote:

A highly sensitive cache of code, infrastructure diagrams, internal passwords, and other technical information belonging to cryptocurrency giant Binance has been sitting on a publicly accessible GitHub repository for months, 404 Media has learned.

Binance only managed to have GitHub remove the data under a copyright takedown request last week, but not before 404 Media and other people managed to view it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LMAO that it was all a bitcoin scam

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

That's probably a fake website scam. A pretty convincing one though.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Although NFTs are a scam, it's actually a scam on top of a scam.

Palworld aren't doing NFTs

EDIT: Note the @Palworlds_JP. Previous scam was @Palwcrld_JP. If only Twitter had some way of verifying accounts other than them possessing a credit card.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The fake website is pretty crafty. All the links are real, except the ones that go to the real Palworld, which loop back to the scam page.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I suspect @palworlds_JP used to be called something else and belonged to some kind of a mobile phone accessories company.

I thought you couldn't rename an account and automatically retain your yellow checkmark anymore precisely because of scams like that, but through Musk all things are possible.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Durzel posted:

EDIT: Note the @Palworlds_JP. Previous scam was @Palwcrld_JP. If only Twitter had some way of verifying accounts other than them possessing a credit card.

LMAO

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Durzel posted:

But Elon promised me that selling checkmarks would prevent this kind of thing!?!??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

But Elon promised me that selling checkmarks would prevent this kind of thing!?!??

they do! see if you sold a DEMOCRAT/liberal/woke nft? You'd be kicked off twitter immediately!