Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Dr. Lunchables posted:

drat that’s a cool one. No idea who she is though.

Stop pretending you don't recognize one of the stars of Netflix's original movie franchise, To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You could have made that title up off the top of your head, but I defer to your expertise

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Tyler Myers fined for an elbow last night that got him booted

BULLSHIT. I DEMAND HE BE SUSPENDED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://x.com/nyrangers/status/1751708088636473682

Chytil officially done for the season (including playoffs).

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Well that was quick.

To be honest maybe it was good he took whatever weird bump he did in practice before actually playing in a game and getting hammered by somebody.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1751674016287400121?t=ndyXmvMPrqJ3sskUbTs5Zg&s=19

Aw man. :(

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

triple sulk posted:

The 2012 Flyers-Pens rivalry was the greatest of all time. WWE type stuff

Uhhhhhh

Might want to pick a diff metaphor going forward

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

kalensc posted:

Uhhhhhh

stfu

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Sucks to hear for Laine, but kind of nice no one has to speculate about whether he was on the 2018 WJC team

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Formenton officially changed

Not a surprise there

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

kalensc posted:

Uhhhhhh

If there's some controversy going on, then sorry I'm not aware of it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

triple sulk posted:

If there's some controversy going on, then sorry I'm not aware of it

vince mcmahon just retired after a suit was filed by a former employee alleging she was forced to have sex with him and some of the wrestling talent as part of her job requirements

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Formenton officially changed

Not a surprise there

I dunno if this is new, but Hart isn't listed as a player option for jerseys on the NHL shop.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Arivia posted:

vince mcmahon just retired after a suit was filed by a former employee alleging she was forced to have sex with him and some of the wrestling talent as part of her job requirements

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm trying to delete it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was already retired but they completely booted him from the company with that news now.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

https://x.com/nyrangers/status/1751708088636473682

Chytil officially done for the season (including playoffs).

drat. the fella should think about getting into coaching/scouting.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

CBJSprague24 posted:

This'n?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z53_9gXCuEs&t=245s

(On the heels of the goal immediately before it which was also spectacular?)

e- I saw that goal live and it was surreal as it was a dump in which turned into a series-tying goal. :laffo:

That's the one thanks.

Defending sexual assault and rape might be a bit too edgy even for you :)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

c'mon rex, heehee's whatever heehee is, but I'm pretty sure they're not Gary Bettman

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:chloe:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MAF is currently under investigation for gang rape so maybe it's closer than we all think.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol the Blues win 4-3 in OT again. When's the last time a team has won 4 games in a row by the same score

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lol Kings

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

I dunno if this is new, but Hart isn't listed as a player option for jerseys on the NHL shop.

Honestly, if he’s determined guilty, I wouldn’t be surprised if they let people trade in his jersey for whomever else.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

kalensc posted:

Uhhhhhh

but the flyers poo poo all over the penguins

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/cbjcenter/status/1751680638556512548?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Not sure pissing off your top prospects is what a coach should be doing during a rebuilding year, but I will defer to Pascal Vincents expertise

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Aphrodite posted:

He was already retired but they completely booted him from the company with that news now.

you may have missed after the last brush with this sort of thing that he retired but then used his super majority of shares to force his way back into the company to sell it to TKO. They then made him president or something until this last week where he “voluntarily” stepped down

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/cbjcenter/status/1751680638556512548?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Not sure pissing off your top prospects is what a coach should be doing during a rebuilding year, but I will defer to Pascal Vincents expertise

https://twitter.com/CBJcenter/status/1751680771285287173

seems good!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

4-9-7 during the Oilers 16-0-0

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Torching their #1 defense prospect because they signed Gudbranson for entirely too much money so they can't demote him

GMs will never learn

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Honestly, blow up the front office and coaching staff except for JD, as I'm not going back to the days of Mike Priest running the show and allegedly giving coaching candidates corporate personality tests.

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1751756397333602328?t=FQ3YkUtumbeLEY2eKiciCg&s=19

Get well soon.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Duckman2008 posted:

Honestly, if he’s determined guilty, I wouldn’t be surprised if they let people trade in his jersey for whomever else.

Guilty is a long, long way away though. The NHL probably needed to start doing something about it now.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

christ you are a moron.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I regret ever thinking Columbus had turned a corner last offseason. Maybe my worst take. Until my next bad one.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
It's ok Columbus has been tricking people every year for like the last 6-7 years probably. Every summer we say "wow look at all of Columbus' prospects, and they actually made some smart signings/trades - I bet they could make the playoffs this year" and every year we are proven wrong before Christmas.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

I regret ever thinking Columbus had turned a corner last offseason. Maybe my worst take. Until my next bad one.

I checked out the preseason prediction thread and lol other than the Oilers winning the cup I got pretty much everything wrong

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I checked out the preseason prediction thread and lol other than the Oilers winning the cup I got pretty much everything wrong

Except Oilers signed Corey Perry, so they’re def not winning the cup, just making the cup finals….

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Kings are such a disappointment. But there is still time to turn thing around. It feels like they are the type of good-but-underperforming team that would go on a run with a coaching change - 2009 Penguins, 2012 Kings, 2016 Penguins, 2019 Blues, maybe Oilers this season.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 29, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

It's ok Columbus has been tricking people every year for like the last 6-7 years probably. Every summer we say "wow look at all of Columbus' prospects, and they actually made some smart signings/trades - I bet they could make the playoffs this year" and every year we are proven wrong before Christmas.

Same with Buffalo.

When the day comes, look to the sky for a blood red sun, for we are in the end times

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 29, 2024

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Sane with Buffalo.

When the day comes, look to the sky for a blood red sun, for we are in the end times

What, like a Canadian team winning the Stanley Cup again?

I'm happy for people to believe in their team, but it's gotta be hard to be optimistic after a while. At least Minnesota has playoff hockey, I just don't expect more than losing in the first round. Even that's not going to happen this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

Kings are such a disappointment. But there is still time to turn thing around. It feels like they are the type of good-but-underperforming team that would go on a run with a coaching change - 2009 Penguins, 2012 Kings, 2016 Penguins, 2019 Blues, maybe Oilers this season.

Except all those teams have a goaltender and the Kings have Cam Talbot