Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Dancing Peasant posted:

My only big worry is Moody missing a FG, which seems to be a growing concern. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens during the playoffs, but I hope I'm wrong about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Niners down 14-0 already? Ruh roh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
gently caress human teams, go cat teams

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Papercut posted:

Also same sloppy mistakes, edge players failing to set the edge, linebackers over pursuing and leaving their gaps. They've had all season to figure this poo poo out.

They haven't learn poo poo.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lol come on it’s been 1 quarter

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wilks is a loving moron. I really hope they fire him in the offseason. He's made a super talented defense pedestrian.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The D looks straight up unprepared.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Wilks is a loving moron. I really hope they fire him in the offseason. He's made a super talented defense pedestrian.

If they don't win the SB I think it's a given they fire him, they have *dramatically* under performed their talent/investment level. A lot of their defensive metrics look much better because they're usually playing from ahead.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The defense finally makes a stop and Purdy throws a pick anyway. A score away from saying this is done

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The defense finally makes a stop and Purdy throws a pick anyway. A score away from saying this is done

There's the score. :fork:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
At least we lose to a likeable team this year.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

Purdys weakness: tipped balls

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Naw, this isn't over. Goof mode can change things pretty quick. He doesn't look particularly good so far. The run D is just atrocious.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw, this isn't over. Goof mode can change things pretty quick. He doesn't look particularly good so far. The run D is just atrocious.

They can just have Goff hand off all game at this rate, though. It would be horrific coaching if they don't.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Coldforge posted:

They can just have Goff hand off all game at this rate, though. It would be horrific coaching if they don't.

That's true. Wilks might figure out to stack the box tomorrow when he reviews the tape and he sees how much they were running.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
49ers can't stop the run. Lions barely need to pass at all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As usual, the OL is awful, too. Just losing both lines of scrimmage so badly.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that’s why the lions will eventually pass it, they’ll never expec—<goof throws a duck> aw well, never the less

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jimmy G threw the ball like 8 times in a NFCCG and won. Goff can basically just hand it off and win easily.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Waltzing Along posted:

As usual, the OL is awful, too. Just losing both lines of scrimmage so badly.

They need more money on the offensive line, and more stable coaching on defense. Wilks is not it, at least not on a one-year rental as he seems to be.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Blessed be the :schotty:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who would take him? He's clearly a bad coach.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
He definitely didn't pay attention to the Lions tendencies.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Fire Wilks at halftime

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Waltzing Along posted:

Who would take him? He's clearly a bad coach.

I have no idea, but that was pretty clearly his plan going in.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Please fire Steve Wilks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No CB on their best WR. Makes sense.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Penei Sewell played tight end almost an entire drive, Go Ducks

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Papercut posted:

Fire Wilks at halftime

Kick him to the loving curb. loving joke rear end loving gently caress

Knight007au
May 8, 2007

Papercut posted:

Fire Wilks at halftime

Yes please. This sucks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Give credit to the Lions, they've done exactly, EXACTLY, what they were expected to do, and they've done it well. But man, if all the pundits knew what was coming, how could Wilks not? And if he did why not force Goff to beat them from the beginning. It's one thing to have faith in your guys. It's another to see what is happening and have no backup plan.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

You think a team like three 49ers with so much (painful) playoff experience wouldn't get completely outplayed and over matched like this. This is just depressing

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's Wilks and the OL. Wilks did not properly prepare and the OL is rear end, as usual.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

It's incredible how Wilks turned a premier defensive team into a pile of horseshit over the course of a few short months. Every defensive player save for the LBs are three steps behind and wildly out of position on every single play. These corners make simple screens look like wizardry.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It pisses me off how vanilla he calls the loving defense. I swear he hopes the defense just bails him out cuz of high end talent.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

It's Wilks and the OL. Wilks did not properly prepare and the OL is rear end, as usual.

I don't think the execution or energy has been there for anyone tbh, especially on defence

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
God the OL is so bad.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MakaVillian posted:

I don't think the execution or energy has been there for anyone tbh, especially on defence

Bosa has been balling out. Of course.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

It's incredible how Wilks turned a premier defensive team into a pile of horseshit over the course of a few short months. Every defensive player save for the LBs are three steps behind and wildly out of position on every single play. These corners make simple screens look like wizardry.

Wilks changed things once during the bye that worked for a few weeks and that's it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nevermind.