Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

hehe, amen

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The first remnant game just sorta runs out of gas, huh? Like the first couple acts are full of lore, side quests and NPCs react to stuff that’s going on and talk to you about it. Then you hit the forest world/darkroot garden and enemy variety, world size, side quests and complexity take a sudden nose dive. NPCs are no longer involved in the plot to the point where the leader lady doesn’t even react when you beat the game. The endgame appears utterly without warning and the final dungeon is a completely empty 3 minute jog through a red building to the final boss with zero enemies or anything to do at all. Feels like they just ran out of money, time or both. Still love the game though and can’t wait to dig into Remnant 2.

E: also I didn’t notice you could upgrade your armor until the final boss so I thought the game was a lot harder than it really was.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Remnant 2 whips rear end. If you do multiplayer, medic + dog is a great combo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Heath posted:

Remnant 2 whips rear end. If you do multiplayer, medic + dog is a great combo

I’m weird and like playing souls games solo*. I’m 100% down to run anything involving a dog though.

* also I’m old and can’t ask my adult friends to play video games with me because it’d be weird and my one kid who is into gaming doesn’t like these sorts of games.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Remnant 1 has a weapon mod that gives you a Very Good Boy (actual ingame term) who kicks rear end.

Remnant 2 upgrades that into a full character class.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

I’m weird and like playing souls games solo*. I’m 100% down to run anything involving a dog though.

* also I’m old and can’t ask my adult friends to play video games with me because it’d be weird and my one kid who is into gaming doesn’t like these sorts of games.

They're better that way.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SirSamVimes posted:

Remnant 1 has a weapon mod that gives you a Very Good Boy (actual ingame term) who kicks rear end.

Remnant 2 upgrades that into a full character class.

Yes, I found that by doing the thing that you absolutely must do when you find a dog in a video game. I’m going to main “dog guy” in remnant 2 100%

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Wormskull posted:

They're better that way.

Typically, yeah but this one has a lot of mechanics that cater specifically to playing with a partner or two. I’m still happy I beat it solo but I’m kinda wanting to see what it looks like with 3 players because I hear it gets hectic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rectum: From the Asses.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the collapse of the Lions has been a hell of a spectacle

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

symbolic posted:

The only way it could have gone.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

The only way it could have gone.

i know i know but wowie Mahomes or Purdy, what an exciting Super Bowl. gently caress this. goodbye.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

symbolic posted:

:negative:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

symbolic posted:

wish i was dead

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

symbolic posted:

Yeah, Campbell definitely had the right idea but they needed another early TD to make it competitive. You had to figure Shanahan would find a way to stop the bleeding in the 2nd half and the lions just can’t compete talent/experience-wise

I was rooting for them though

E: KC Lions would have been so much fun :smith:

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 29, 2024

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

saw that melt down coming a mile away just not that spectacularly

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

symbolic posted:

i know i know but wowie Mahomes or Purdy, what an exciting Super Bowl. gently caress this. goodbye.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tweak posted:

saw that melt down coming a mile away just not that spectacularly

The good news for Lions fans is that they are a young team and they’re only going to get better. The viks are fading and lol forever @ the Bears. The Packers could become formidable depending on where they go from here but they’re statistically the youngest team in the league and could just implode with a bad injury to Love.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol reminds me of the demoniusx persona 4 stat page pic

That was part of my old sig I used in like 2009

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Rectum: From the Asses.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i will not be watching the super bowl

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m going to watch it and enjoy it.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

lobster shirt posted:

I’m going to Universal Studios with my wife & kid plus our close friends & their kid. Wrangling 2 five year olds in Super Mario Land seems like a better time

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if the super bowl had at least one team that i liked, it would be good to watch, however i hate both teams involved so instead i will simply wish for a tom clancy esque nuking that destroys both teams. peace.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

i'll be carpooling through the state on the way back from a convention so i have an excuse to not watch a boring-rear end SB. w00t

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

lobster shirt posted:

if the super bowl had at least one team that i liked, it would be good to watch, however i hate both teams involved so instead i will simply wish for a tom clancy esque nuking that destroys both teams. peace.

The cowboys and eagles both lost on wildcard weekend and that was all I wanted for Christmas

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

The cowboys and eagles both lost on wildcard weekend and that was all I wanted for Christmas

those were both highly pleasurable to watch

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

i have to root for the Eagles by default as a Philly person. it's a curse

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Tweak posted:

I’m going to Universal Studios with my wife & kid plus our close friends & their kid. Wrangling 2 five year olds in Super Mario Land seems like a better time

youre going to have a blast. went there during this time a couple years ago. go see the mardi gras parade at universal if theyre doing it while youre there

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

and cabana bay ftw lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

wait are you freaking foreign? we dont have mario yet O_O

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol reminds me of the demoniusx persona 4 stat page pic

Probably fitting, I think Yakuza LAD got compared to Persona a lot, sharing a lot of voice actors in both English and Japanese.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

symbolic posted:

i know i know but wowie Mahomes or Purdy, what an exciting Super Bowl.

This but unironically

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'm going to watch the Super Bowl and clap like a seal whenever Brock Purdy completes a pass

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm going to watch the Super Bowl and clap like a seal whenever Brock Purdy completes a pass

Miko is third-rate at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

symbolic posted:

Miko is third-rate at best

Wrong she's got a sick cape